News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

^Haven't seen it, but anything from Seth MacFarlane is guaranteed to be complete shit. Even Marky Mark couldn't make his stuff good.

Finally saw The Dark Knight Rises. Twas pretty good, but it had some problems:

A. Waaaaaaay too much self-loathing. I mean, the first quarter of the movie was just Bruce Wayne hating his life and Alfred telling him he's not allowed to be Batman anymore.

2. Not enough Batman. We get, what, 3 Batman scenes in the whole movie?(Motorcycle chase and Catwoman, Bane fight #1, Bane fight #2 and bomb chase. I think that's it) Maybe half an hour of Batman in an almost 3 hour movie. NOT ENOUGH.

3. The Ra's Al Ghul child thingy at the last second(not gonna spoil it, even though it's not that big of a surprise) just left me scratching my head as to what the point of it was. It was kinda dumb, and all her actions following it were kinda dumb.

E. If you're gonna give your villain an insanely muffled voice, don't make him sound like Shaun Connery to boot. Seriously, Bane was difficult to understand at many points of the movie.

D. ROBIN'S NAME IS NOT ROBIN. IT IS DICK GRAYSON, DARN IT.(The first Robin, anyway)

But overall, The Dark Knight Rises was still a great movie. Not as good as The Dark Knight though. Heath Ledger's Joker is just waaaaaaaay too good(one of the best movie villains of all time, easily).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 29, 2012, 10:12:51 PMFinally saw The Dark Knight Rises. Twas pretty good, but it had some problems:

A. Waaaaaaay too much self-loathing. I mean, the first quarter of the movie was just Bruce Wayne hating his life and Alfred telling him he's not allowed to be Batman anymore.

2. Not enough Batman. We get, what, 3 Batman scenes in the whole movie?(Motorcycle chase and Catwoman, Bane fight #1, Bane fight #2 and bomb chase. I think that's it) Maybe half an hour of Batman in an almost 3 hour movie. NOT ENOUGH.

3. The Ra's Al Ghul child thingy at the last second(not gonna spoil it, even though it's not that big of a surprise) just left me scratching my head as to what the point of it was. It was kinda dumb, and all her actions following it were kinda dumb.

E. If you're gonna give your villain an insanely muffled voice, don't make him sound like Shaun Connery to boot. Seriously, Bane was difficult to understand at many points of the movie.

D. ROBIN'S NAME IS NOT ROBIN. IT IS DICK GRAYSON, DARN IT.(The first Robin, anyway)

But overall, The Dark Knight Rises was still a great movie. Not as good as The Dark Knight though. Heath Ledger's Joker is just waaaaaaaay too good(one of the best movie villains of all time, easily).
A: Agree, to a point...

2: Uhhh...

3: Certainly don't agree with that...

E: He actually wasn't THAT muffled...

D: I don't think he was really Robin, like that Robin you're thinking of, in a literal sense...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

What I didn't think made sense about that movie was (SPOILERS):

How Wayne, broke and with a hurt back, made his way back from Pakistan, entered Gotham undetected, and, even though he was short on time, took his time to paint a freaking bat symbol on that bridge before he arrived.

Also, a 4 megaton nuclear warhead isn't that effective when detonated on the ground. Half the shock wave will go straight into the ground, most of the other half will go directly skyward. Only a tiny percentage of it will expand horizontally and damage stuff, and it will deplete very quickly with so many big buildings in between. There's a reason why warheads usually detonate a few hundred metres above ground.

Also, for some reason, when the Army is sent to Gotham, the first vehicles in their convoy are artillery guns. Those have NOTHING to do in Gotham in a situation like that. Even disregarding the collateral damage, they would be hilariously impractical fighting in the city itself. A battery of them on the other side of the river would be the most efficient way of using them. I guess the director wanted to use tanks, but had to settle for self-propelled artillery because tanks, being three times heavier, have to drive really far apart when crossing bridges, or the army had none available.

The big fight between mobsters and police was idiotic too. All the mobsters had guns, the police had not, yet everybody drop their arms and go straight for a fistfight instead.

Batman - The Dark Knight Rises: Plothole movie of the year 2012.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Sometimes you just need to not give a fuck and enjoy the movie.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

I didn't even think about *spoiler kinda*the effectiveness of the warhead. I was too busy thinking that if the warhead is so insanely unstable that it will detonate itself in 5 minutes, dropping onto concrete and dragging it down a street(which Batman does before taking it into the sky) probably would have set it off.

And Slow, shaddap. The Dark Knight Rises had a bunch of problems with its plot, and refusing to recognize them is frivolous.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

The only reason they did the thing with Ra's Al Ghul's child was because they needed a way to explain all the coincidences such as Bane knowing exactly where the secret tunnel was. I didn't like that. I would rather Bane had been some mysterious and well-planned villain where he was doing something that he had been planning for years. The way Bane died was terrible in my opinion. I mean, really? Batman has this giant fight with him and nearly destroys him by breaking his mask, and then he just gets shot with giant guns by catwoman while batman's just lying on the ground with a gun to his face. I agree with the thing about the random journey from Pakistan to a blocked-off and guarded island. There was no explanation. Also, a countdown would have been really nice. They show you about a week's worth of days, and all of a sudden the bomb is going to explode tomorrow.

There were faults, but I agree with slow. At least try to just watch a movie while you're watching it. No need to focus on all those little things until at least you've finished watching.

Also, the Robin thing: NOBODY IS GOING TO GET THE REFERENCE IF THEY CALL HIM DICK GREYSON. The point was to get everybody who watched the movie to go "Icwutudidthar"
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

THAT'S THEIR FAULT FOR NOT KNOWING WHO DICK GRAYSON IS.

Jub3r7

I KNOW, RIGHT? EVERYONE IS SUCH A JERK.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

JUB YOUR AVATAR JUST CHANGED TO TEDDIURSA AND I REALLY WANT TO HUG YOU NOW
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ricky

I know I said I would watch The Hobbit a few weeks ago in this thread but things turned out differently and I actually watched it today. It was really amazing and I look forward to the other two movies in the series.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Zunawe

Something crazy:

The Hobbit is 169 minutes
The extended Fellowship is 228 minutes
The extended Two Towers is 235 minutes
The extended Return of the King is 263 minutes

The total length of all the Lord of the Rings movies that has been released is 895 minutes or 14 hours and 55 minutes. I'm not sure many movie series can claim to be that long and there are still two more movies to be made. (Star Wars is a little over 13 hours.)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

Just wait. 2 more Hobbit movies, and then the extended editions of all three. It's gonna be nuts.

TheZeldaPianist275

Just watched The Dark Knight again.  I forgot how intense and awful the prison scene is.  :'(

SuperFireKirby

^Probably the best superhero movie evur. Heath Ledger is indescribably good.