News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

But.... IT HAS TOM HANKS. PLAYING FIVE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS. Usually one Tom Hanks is enough to make a movie beautiful. BUT THIS ONE HAS TOM HANKS TIMES FIVE.

I may go blind from overexposure to awesomeness.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

Wanna know something that sucks. 3-D movies if you have your glasses under the 3-D glasses. It's the dumbest thing ever.

Also, have to see Skyfall soon!!!

Ragster

So after Disney's take-over of Lucasfilms, they just announced a new Star Wars prequel trilogy, VII, VIII and XI. Supposedly the 3 episodes were written at the same time the original trilogy was written, so it isn't going to be based on anything canon up to now. I have my trust in Disney, they make great movies, I just don't know if I'll enjoy the new movies if it isn't based off anything that I know.

I'll just have to wait till 2015 and see.

EFitTrainr

Wreck it Ralph was fantastic. If you like disney or videogames or both, then GOGOGO!
I like food.

Nebbles

AGREED. Like, WOW that movie was perfect.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

It WAS great, but I was kinda sad that most of the jokes were from the really old games that I didnt play. Im not positive since I havent played the series, but Im pretty sure there were alot from street fighter. At the climax (I wont reveal anything :P) I facepalmed myself since I KNEW what was going to happen and I couldnt believe I didnt see it sooner. I loved it :D

SlowPokemon

I didn't think the jokes were too old. Donkey Kong Jr., Mario Kart, and modern FPSs were most of the jokes.

Anyway, Wreck-it-Ralph was very good. It was formulaic, but it was a good way to show how the tried-and-true Disney formula can be presented in a way that feels fresh. 8/10.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Mario Kart? And I dont play FPS :P

SlowPokemon

Neither do I , but seeing as it was almost entirely mocking FPSs, I could get the gist. And the Sugar Rush game is pretty much any racing game ever.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Just finished watching Toy Story 3 again.

OH MY FEELS
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Is... is there such a thing as a "Thanksgiving movie"?? Halloween movies, Christmas movies... but why not Thanksgiving? Is it forgotten, only remembered as a time of eating between the candy-eating holiday and the over-commercialized holiday... a time we once knew for harboring Christmas spirit...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 18, 2012, 07:25:22 PMPocahontas? :P

...nope...

EDIT: Closest I've come:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planes,_trains,_and_automobiles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Charlie_Brown_Thanksgiving

And, to end on an odd note, I had a dream last night where I was the Joker in a Batman Thanksgiving special. :o
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

If you thought the alien bug shooting game in wreck it ralph was solely mocking fps then you are not very well versed in culture.

That was a surprisingly enjoyable film though

In other news Skyfall was fantastic as expected.  Dat DB5.

me irl
[close]