News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

To be fair, since the class cage was tumbling through like... 30,000 feet at a rapid pace, Thor was trying his damn best to escape without injuring himself.

And I think he couldn't pick up his hammer for a moment because he was maybe damaged for a bit? But then he got over it or something.

...I don't know diddly squat about Norse mythology and I really should I am sorry
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FluteNinja

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 14, 2012, 05:09:53 PMMy thoughts too  They portrayed him as an equal to the other Avengers, whose man-made technology seems to be equal to those of a magical god.  I understand if Captain America's shield can deflect Mjölnir, but I think it should at least have been capable of breaking the glass cage without too much effort.  I thought both he and the hammer were magical? 

He seemed to have the same strength as the Hulk, but less durability, though he makes up with that in being able to summon lightning. 

Captain America was portrayed as being slightly weaker than the other Avengers in terms of intelligence, strength and combat experience.  He was easily tossed around by Loki, and even when Iron Man came to help, the captain looked kind of useless. 

I think Hulk was a bit overpowered.  There were like 30 aliens simultaneously auto-firing at him and he wasn't harmed the slightest bit, just overwhelmed in terms of movement.

Wasn't Nick Fury shot twice, and he didn't die? 

Also, after Thor fell it looked like he became unworthy to wield his hammer for a moment.  He opened his hand as if calling his hammer but Mjölnir didn't come.   I wonder how he regained control so quick, and without doing much physically.

I thought that since Thor was a god he should have been able to take on the other Avengers with ease.  I didn't like when Mjölnir hit Captain America's shield(and there was an explosion) The shield wasn't dented but when the aliens shot his shield it got all scratched up. 

Hulk isn't a juggernaut so why didn't he ever get hurt?

They made Captain America look like a stupid ass throughout the whole movie.  He was in the ice for 70 years (that could be wrong) not a millennia

Nick Fury isn't Wolverine or something.  Why was he alive at the end of the movie?

And who was the guy talking to the alien leader at the end scene after the credits?
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Nebbles

I think Captain America was iced for 60 years? Still, that's a lot of change. So he's still stumbling around getting used to things.

FluteNinja

Exactly my point.  They treated him like he didn't know what electricity was. 
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Nebbles

Well, it was played for laughs in one scene:
"It looks like it runs on some form of electricity..."
"Well, you're not wrong..."

Cobraroll

Well, in the mythology, Thor is decidedly more badass than portrayed in the movie. For instance, he's said to have been able to level mountains with his hammer (and lightning usually accompanies each strike). He also had a pair of rather fearsome pets. To be fair, though, he was deceived on several occasions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor
I don't know if the English article explains it as much as the Norwegian one does, but I think it should list the most important of Thor's merits anyway.

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Raymondbl

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 14, 2012, 07:10:33 PMThe shield wasn't dented but when the aliens shot his shield it got all scratched up. 
What?  I didn't notice that.  That would indeed be strange.  I thought his shield was indestructible...
Quote from: FluteNinja on May 14, 2012, 07:10:33 PMAnd who was the guy talking to the alien leader at the end scene after the credits?
The alien Loki made a deal with was talking to his master.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

KefkaticFanatic

Who is Thanos, big evil guy from Titan that wants to kill everything ever

Also I dunno why Thor and Loki deal is a surprise to you, that relationship is something that was established by their comic identities, which are only based off of the mythology, ages ago

me irl
[close]

FluteNinja

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 15, 2012, 09:46:26 AM
Who is Thanos, big evil guy from Titan that wants to kill everything ever
Oh.  That makes sense...

SuperFireKirby

Watch Another Earth yeasterday. Kind of strange and not at all what I expected it to be about, but it was still pretty great.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FluteNinja

I am Ironman, you should run while you still can, Cap with a mighty shield, and Thor makes all weak men yield, hulk strong and he smash, all are ready to kick your ass xD (couldn't think of anything else)
-Giantsrrbest

Saw this on Youtube.  Just had to show you guys :P

SuperFireKirby

I think I may be the only person in America who couldn't care less about seeing The Avengers. But then again, I'm not a big movie theatre person(unless the film looks insanely amazing to me, like The Hobbit).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 19, 2012, 10:49:14 PMI think I may be the only person in America who couldn't care less about seeing The Avengers. But then again, I'm not a big movie theatre person(unless the film looks insanely amazing to me, like The Hobbit).
This.

KefkaticFanatic

It's a great movie, and you should just see it cause it's great

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Nah....not my type of movie.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.