News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

The Avengers was really really awesome guys :D Like holy shit.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 13, 2012, 05:46:19 PMDo I dare ask how Dark Shadows was?

I haven't seen it yet, I'm going next weekend with Margaret. Reviews have been kind of in the range from "bad" to "mildly good" so I wouldn't get your hopes up XD haha
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I dunno, it really didn't look... promising? My mom said she wanted to see it because she remembers the original one and that it was really funny.

Idk, I'm sure the original one is the better one. Remakes USUALLY don't go over too well....

SlowPokemon

Funny? ...it's based on a 60s/70s soap opera that apparently was mostly really strange

Nebbles

Hey, my mom said that, not me. =/ I guess she found it funny?

FluteNinja

Quote from: Nebbles on May 13, 2012, 05:46:35 PMThe Avengers was really really awesome guys :D Like holy shit.
Hell yeah!  My fav quote: "I know that the council has made their decision, but given that it's a stupid ass decision, I've decided to ignore it" -Nick Fury :3
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Nebbles

I also loved when during the final fight, Hulk just straight punches Thor out of the scene. XD

FluteNinja

Yes and 
Loki: "I will not be bullied by such a puny-" (SLAMMING NOISES). 
Hulk: "Puny God"
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Nebbles

That was GLORIOUS. It was like Loki was a rag doll. But ouch, that had to hurt.

And Hulk screaming Iron Man into waking up... so great.

AND PHIL WAS AN ADORABLE CAPTAIN AMERICA FANBOY

Cobraroll

While Avengers was good, I couldn't help but cringe when I saw how the Marvel depictions piss all over the Norse pantheon... I mean, Thor and Loki brothers? Yeah, right...

Also, while Thor might be badass in the mythology, he is neither the strongest fighter nor the god of war. Nobody show Heimdall and Tyr any respect...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Nebbles

..wasn't Loki actually adopted?

Cobraroll

Anyway, he shouldn't have been raised alongside Thor. While the gods of Asgard were quite liberal regarding having kids with different parents, Loki and Thor have very little in common, except that they lived near each other.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

@nebbles Only in the film....it's extremely inaccurate as far as the mythology behind the characters go.

Nebbles

Huh. More you know.

Raymondbl

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 14, 2012, 12:04:32 AMwhile Thor might be badass in the mythology, he is neither the strongest fighter nor the god of war. Nobody show Heimdall and Tyr any respect...
My thoughts too  They portrayed him as an equal to the other Avengers, whose man-made technology seems to be equal to those of a magical god.  I understand if Captain America's shield can deflect Mjölnir, but I think it should at least have been capable of breaking the glass cage without too much effort.  I thought both he and the hammer were magical? 

He seemed to have the same strength as the Hulk, but less durability, though he makes up with that in being able to summon lightning. 

Captain America was portrayed as being slightly weaker than the other Avengers in terms of intelligence, strength and combat experience.  He was easily tossed around by Loki, and even when Iron Man came to help, the captain looked kind of useless. 

I think Hulk was a bit overpowered.  There were like 30 aliens simultaneously auto-firing at him and he wasn't harmed the slightest bit, just overwhelmed in terms of movement.

Wasn't Nick Fury shot twice, and he didn't die? 

Also, after Thor fell it looked like he became unworthy to wield his hammer for a moment.  He opened his hand as if calling his hammer but Mjölnir didn't come.   I wonder how he regained control so quick, and without doing much physically. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.