News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lildigipoke2

Best movie to date? Dark Knight or Inception
Best series to date? HP
Worst movie ever? THE ROOM!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Lildigipoke2 on August 27, 2011, 07:27:02 AMBest movie to date? Dark Knight or Inception
You kiddning me? There are LEGIONS of better movies than either of these. Personally, I think the Dark Knight would have been insanely dull if not for Heath Ledger's beautiful performance. They're both good, no doubt, but there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many better movies.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

I completely agree with SFK, the dark knight was only meh and it was only that good because of heath ledger. All the other actors had alright~bad performances. And Inception is not the best movie ever. :P I could agree with HP but they're based on books... nah don't really agree with your choices.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I just watched How To Train Your Dragon... absolutely adorable! I loved it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

^The score from that movie is simply amazing

Lildigipoke2

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 27, 2011, 07:56:15 AMI completely agree with SFK, the dark knight was only meh and it was only that good because of heath ledger. All the other actors had alright~bad performances. And Inception is not the best movie ever. :P I could agree with HP but they're based on books... nah don't really agree with your choices.
forgot to mention: i never really watch movies =P

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Ragster2448

I just got through watching Ladder 49. GREAT movie. I would highly recommend it to someone, that is, if you don't mind getting a little tear-y eyed.

Qew

I somehow stumbled upon this one amazingly dark movie. It's called Confessions, it's a foreign language film that came out last year but it won so many awards. Here's the wikipedia page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessions_%28film%29 Plot summary has spoilers though.

It's based on a book so of course it's great, but I can't find the book anywhere whereas the film should be easier to find. If you like that kind of dark psychological drama I'd reccomend it.

SuperFireKirby

I'll have to try and find it.

My two favourite foreign films are definitely Pan's Labyrinth and Waltz With Bashir.

Waltz With Bashir was AMAZING.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fingerz

Quote from: Nebbles on August 27, 2011, 07:58:29 AMI just watched How To Train Your Dragon... absolutely adorable! I loved it.
Yes! That was a wonderful movie!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 27, 2011, 09:07:07 AM^The score from that movie is simply amazing
I agree. Another movie with an amazing score is Up.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

^I agree, Married Life especially is overplayed but still really good. I like Giacchino's score to Ratatouille better than his score to Up though.

Jub3r7

Ugh Married Life got stuck in my head for like two weeks straight.

It sounded nice but it's one of those songs that play over and over and over and over again while in your head.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 31, 2011, 03:32:10 PM^I agree, Married Life especially is overplayed but still really good. I like Giacchino's score to Ratatouille better than his score to Up though.
Finally someone agrees with me!

SlowPokemon

...wow. I completely forgot to write my review of that. Yeah I like that soundtrack. I may write a review after the PL ones.

Also I did get your email. It went to my spam folder. I keep forgetting to tell you.

Nebbles

UP was definitely a great movie - and oh, the beginning. ;_; My creys.

Wall-E was fantastic too. I cried at the end, no big deal 9_9;
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel