News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: drpamplemousse on June 03, 2011, 02:34:01 PMWell, lets see, my favorites are...

The Kings Speech
Star Wars (IV-VI)
Back to the Future (I-III)
The Hangover
Ghostbusters
Stripes
You Don't Mess with the Zohan
Wedding Crashers
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Grown Ups
V for Vendetta
Kung Fu Panda
Others...
LOVED both the V for Vendetta graphic novel and movie. But contrary, I thought Grownups was terrible. Kung fu Panda would have been better without Jack Black.

Anyways, got Ponyo set to record on my DVR. Never seen it before and can't wait to watch it!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

You won't be disappointed if you don't expect his other films. :D it's good but it's one of the worst of his. Phenomenal music by Joe Hisaishi though, particularly the opening.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

I've never seen a Studio Ghibli movie before(unfortunately) so I really can't compare how it will be to, say, Howl's Moving Castle except from what other people say about it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ragster2448

Has anybody seen the old Super Mario Bros. movie? It's pretty great. It is strange, but cool at the same time. Iggy and Spike were probably the most funniest people in it, but some people would probably hate them for their stupidity.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 03, 2011, 03:13:49 PMI've never seen a Studio Ghibli movie before(unfortunately) so I really can't compare how it will be to, say, Howl's Moving Castle except from what other people say about it.

Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are both phenomenal and definitely should be on your to-see list.

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 03, 2011, 02:49:43 PMLOVED both the V for Vendetta graphic novel and movie. But contrary, I thought Grownups was terrible. Kung fu Panda would have been better without Jack Black.

Anyways, got Ponyo set to record on my DVR. Never seen it before and can't wait to watch it!

Oh no, it WAS. I find it funny when actors are in movies where they make fun of themselves.
I do love Jack Black, so... I love that movie.

I DO have a very long list of favorite movies, none in a top 10... its hard to decide.

SlowPokemon

Jack Black is ok. And no, Kung Fu Panda would have been far worse without Jack Black. He pretty much made the movie for me.

Grownups wasn't even mildly good. It wasn't as bad as others, but it was still bad.

Raymondbl

Quote from: Ragster2448 on June 03, 2011, 05:42:18 PMHas anybody seen the old Super Mario Bros. movie? It's pretty great. It is strange, but cool at the same time. Iggy and Spike were probably the most funniest people in it, but some people would probably hate them for their stupidity.
In many movies, there are a pair of "bad guys" that are either stupid or don't really do much or doesn't help at all or sometimes helps the "good guys." It's called comic relief.  Take for example - Jessie and James for Pokemon, Ragetti and Pintel for Pirates of the Caribbean, and what you said - Iggy and Spike for Super mario bros. 

The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SuperFireKirby

Just watched Ponyo. Was pretty epic. Loved that Betty White was in it.

SlowPokemon

^lol yes, what'd you think of the music?

SuperFireKirby

The music was really nice. Except for the second song that was played in the credits, that one threw me off a little...

SlowPokemon

That's the worst thing about it. :P I didn't care for Sosuke's voice actor either. Liam Neeson and Betty White were great though. I enjoyed the slightly operatic number towards the beginning, "Mother Sea", and I'm glad they kept it in Japanese.

SuperFireKirby

Just watch Waking Life.

MIND= BLOWN

SuperFireKirby

DOUBLE POST

Basically been watching a non-stop brigade of amazing movies that I've never seen before. Within the last 48 hours I've watched:

Spirited Away- Now one of my favorite animated films EVER.

Black Dynamite- I can't even describe how awesome this movie is

The Lady Killers- It has TOM HANKS

and lastly PULP FICTION- this movie is one Bad Mother Fucker.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 22, 2011, 07:24:41 AMSpirited Away- Now one of my favorite animated films EVER.

:D AWESOME

Also I watched the King's Speech, pretty awesome movie.