News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Prayer Topic

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, November 21, 2012, 08:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

So I'm a Christian.  Don't know how many other people on here are or at least believe in a higher deity, but for those of you who do, this is the place to post prayer requests.  I firmly believe that prayer is the only way for humans to speak with God and intercede for others.  If anyone thinks this is a dumb idea, don't bother to post and tell me so.

Basically post any prayer requests you might have here and presto!  You got me and anybody else who checks this topic praying for you.  Simple.

This thread is not a place where you may disrespect others' beliefs. Inappropriate comments are not welcome here, as prayer requests are a thing many people take very seriously. A violation of this rule may result in a ban.

FSM-Reapr

BonusPwnage

*hem hem* I know that you had good intentions with this topic, but it seems that religion is a very...touchy topic. I'm not bashing on religion or anything, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea to post about it. Religion's started wars before, so naturally you could imagine it at least hurting someone's feelings on a forum.

FSM-Reapr

We already have Religion topic. This should be allowed.

Quote-Calm debates on politics, religion, etc will be tolerated, but if things get out of hand then consequences will follow

BonusPwnage

Well, sorry about that then. I would ask for a prayer for my great uncle, but I'm not Christian.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 21, 2012, 09:17:31 AM*cough* ::)

Gotcha ;)

Quote from: BonusPwnage on November 21, 2012, 09:34:08 AM*hem hem* I know that you had good intentions with this topic, but it seems that religion is a very...touchy topic. I'm not bashing on religion or anything, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea to post about it. Religion's started wars before, so naturally you could imagine it at least hurting someone's feelings on a forum.

I am aware of this.  If you look at Kefka's rules, though, it says that discussion on religion is fine unless it gets out of hand.  And if someone's feelings get hurt just by mention of prayer, then that's really their problem.

Pfff, ninja'd already.

EDIT: @ Bonus, you don't necessarily have to be a Christian to ask for prayer.  May I ask about your great-uncle?

JDMEK5

I'll be checking this too as a fellow christian.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BonusPwnage

My great-uncle doesn't accepts prayers from religion outside his own, even though I don't understand why. I guess it's just the way he was raised. Sorry if my post offended you in any way (which would be odd since I made the post to prevent people from getting offended). I thought we weren't permitted to talk about religion.

Bubbles

You cant make people NOT pray for you, no matter what your problem is ???

Sebastian

Im a christian too!
heres a prayer request: My friends dad just died  :( and i would like you to pray for his family that they would be comforted. 

This topic is NOT a dumb idea!
thanks!

Dude

Please pray that gay marriage will be legal in Ohio (or the whole US for that matter) within 4 years.

If it happens I will believe once more.

Sebastian

Gay Marriage!! Blah blah blah.  :-X

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 21, 2012, 08:02:04 PMGay Marriage!! Blah blah blah.  :-X

Now THAT could hurt people's feelings.  I don't claim to agree with it, but writing it off like that is a great way to start a flame war.

blueflower999

Yeah, that's a pretty good example of what you don't want to do, unless you want this thread to become locked.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Dude on November 21, 2012, 10:41:22 AMPlease pray that gay marriage will be legal in Ohio (or the whole US for that matter) within 4 years.

If it happens I will believe once more.
How about, so homophobes don't start being all gaaaaaaaaaaaay about the issue, we extend the prayer to end all discrimination against people of all colors, creeds, and preferences on who they'd like to sleep with... in Ohio. And everywhere else too. Except Washington, where I can have marital sex with a dude while hittin up dat legal marijuana. Discrimination=Defeated.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!