Submissions for Weekly Update #1 (Goes up on Sunday)

Started by The Deku Trombonist, November 12, 2012, 07:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Apologies on behalf of the staff for any confusion caused. We're sticking to this routine from now on. Rather than sifting through everyone's posts and trying to combine them, we have a new topic.

From now on, there will be 1 submission topic per week. If your sheets get accepted, celeberate!! If not, resubmit them next week. We won't be waiting for everyone's sheets to be accepted. If you've got any questions, feel free to send a PM.

And now, onto submissions (borrowing from your layout, Olimar :P)!

Post a maximum of 2 Submissions, including new ones and replacements.

1) Make a SINGLE post with your two pieces. Any other posts will be deleted. (We have a general questions topic) Discussion about arrangement should take place in individual threads.
2) Submit sheets using ONLY dropbox. It's more efficient and safer than mediafire.
3) Put all of your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for all of your sheets in one .ZIP folder. This means that every post should have only one link to all of the sheets.
4) Before posting, be sure that your sheets are in tip-top shape (i.e. formatted to perfection, well arranged, etc.)
5) Your post will be edited with feedback.

Here are the Formatting Rules. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional. If a sheet is not formatted properly, we may not bother to even look.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups.

List of Currently Accepted Sheets:

spitllama

[N64] Paper Mario - "Star Spirits' Request"

Deku: I'm pretty sure the entire melody is doubled in 3rds (except the C in bar 13 which has a G beneath it).
And the right hand feels a bit empty. Do you mind if I try my hand at it?

Pedal markings: it's nice to see them, but just letting you know that in this context, they're probably not necessary. Leave them there anyway ;)

spit: Go for it! And I wasn't sure how performers were going to hit the whole notes and then play melody with the left hand. But okay sounds good.

Deku: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84117653/Assistance/Star%20Spirits%27%20Request.mus
I'll leave it up to you to decide what to do with the red notes, you can put them an octave up if you want.

spit: Hmmmmmm yah I think that sounds right. Let's keep it. Thanks.

Deku: Ok.

Winter: Very nostalgic, you two did a great job. Approved.

[NDS] Radiant Historia - "Where the Wind and Feathers Return"

Deku: I'm not really sure what to say...perhaps some of the twinkly notes, mainly the dissonant ones don't really work? I dunno... :-\

Spit: Olimar/Winter do you have any suggestions?

Olimar:Several things:
-it doesn't make sense for that bell part to switch octaves in the middle of a line. For example, thie first measure shouldn't have that high "F". The figure is to play a note on 3 of each measure, in the pattern of  "F-F-E-E" then "F-F-G-F".
-the 8va should be from measure 5-8, not 6-8.
-the rolled chord in measure 25 needs to be in 2nd inversion. (this means it needs to be G-C-E, low to high.)
-You really shouldn't be using those octave clefs in piano litterature....

Spit: This piece is MUCH cleaner now. I've modified the bells to the same octave for the whole piece. There are also no 8vas and no octave clefs (I found that simply raising everything an octave was feasible). Should be good for submission now!
New link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59158604/Where%20the%20Wind%20and%20Feathers%20Return.zip

[ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Yugi

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII- "Game Over"

[ZIP]

Also, this will be my last submission for a while, I'm gonna work on a secret project.

Deku: Formatting.
Social: How about now?

Deku: I wasn't sure how else to say it, so I did this - Link
Fox: Wow, this is pretty cool, Finale Notepad can't add those things so thanks.

Dudeman

[WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk - "Mr. Resetti's Theme"

Deku: If you can't make the mus file match the PDF because of a lack of a good Finale version or whatever can you at least let us know?
Not sure about the RH, I'll wait for someone else to look at it.

Dudeman: Are you referring to the grace notes? Goshdarnit, I gotta go back and rewrite all my files sometime. I'll see what I can do.

Dudeman: OMG XML TRANSFERRING ACTUALLY WORKED OMGOMG
...fixed.

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Gage's Duet"

[ZIP]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

spitllama

[DS] Pokémon Black/White - "Dragonspiral Tower" - Bespinben Zip

Deku: A couple of enharmonic spellings fixed.
New link - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84117653/Updates/BW%20-%20Dragonspiral%20Tower.rar

[DS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Mt. Coronet" - Bespinben Zip

Deku: I think this is ok, unless someone else thinks otherwise?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

[N64] Diddy Kong Racing - "Sherbet Island"

Deku: Haven't looked at the notes yet, but all the note values should be doubled, time sig of 2/2 and with swing quavers.

JDMEK5: Updated Sherbet Island files. Hopefully I fixed what you mentioned. Let me know if I missed something.
Didn't change to swing quavers because the left hand stays even. It's only the melody that does that occasionally.
The left hand is exactly the same for the other map themes, and only a few have the swing melody.

Deku: The LH is definitely swung. When it's slowed down, it lines up with triplets

[WII] The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Skyloft"

Deku: Nice! Can I suggest the notes at the end of the first bar be tied grace notes instead? It'd look alot tidier

[ZIP]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

The Deku Trombonist

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Lake Hylia" - The Deku Trombonist (Replacement)
LINK!

Hopefully someone will look at this :P

Zunawe

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "Middle Boss Battle"  [ZIP]

Deku: Some of the harmony notes are off, and bars 8-10 are missing harmony notes. Maybe just take a look at them? If you want me to work them out for you, let me know.
Also, I'm leaning towards thinking all the Db's should be C#'s to highlight that it's in D minor.

Zunawe: Okay, I'll look at those soon. The Db's won't be hard to fix, so I can do that if you want them changed.

Zunawe: I'll have to resubmit this next week. I haven't had time to work on it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

[NES] Dr. Mario -"Versus Victory"
Zip

Also the other thread was locked but I'm honored that Olimar used my post as an example :P

Deku: Umm...what's with the rhythm at the start? It should be just triplets.
Dynamics? Articulations?
Rhythm grouping in the LH needs to be fixed (the crotchet rests at the start of each bar should be 2 quavers).
URL needs fixing/is too big.

Bubbles: Yeah the beginning was a bit confusing :P. For the rhythm groupings, should it always be two quavers if there are 8th notes in the other hand? And what do you mean by the url being too large (tinyurl?)

Deku: Mmmm...maybe you misunderstood me a little. Rhythm groupings are weird, but the basic idea is that you want to 'highlight' the beats to make it easier to read. This thread has some helpful stuff written in it.

All fixed up - Link It's probably easier to explain if you can think of some specific questions to ask

TheZeldaPianist275

Super thanks to Zunawe for helping out with formatting!

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- "Beedle's Shop Ship"

Deku: Ok, I page shrunk so it fits on one page. Hehe, nice tempo marking :P
New link - [ZIP]

TZP275: Thank you  ::)  Has The Fairy Queen been accepted too?

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- "The Fairy Queen"

Deku: Ok. Made some small formatting changes

[ZIP]

Deku: Can you fix the link? or something, I can't open a .lnk file.

TZP275: Fix'd.

SlowPokemon

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "Professor Layton's Theme" (Replacement)
[NDS] Professor Layton's London Life - "Title"
[NDS] Pokémon Black and White - "Anville Town"
[3DS] Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - "Monte d'Or: Carnival Night"

ZIP

Arranged by Jordan Knapp. Also, under Pokémon Black and White, where the name next to Route 4 says SlowPokemon, I'd like it to say Jordan Knapp. Same goes for HeartGold and SoulSilver's "Pokémaniac Encounter" and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time / Darkness /Sky's "Apple Woods." Thank you.

Deku: 2 submissions only please

Slow: I don't want to reupload the ZIP. Could you take Layton's Theme and the London Life Title? I'll submit the others for the next update.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BonusPwnage

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "Puzzle"
ZIP: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/qb5valf1ghvw196/Professor%20Layton%20and%20the%20Curious%20Village-Puzzle.zip?dl=1
Even though it's a web link, it should download automatically. Hope I did this right!

Deku: There's a fair few harmony notes that could be added to the right hand to beef it up. And I'm not sure having the repeated twinkly bit works all the time. Bits like bar 1 are really awkward to play.

BonusPwnage: Harmony notes could be added, but the actual song is pretty plain. The twinkly bit is also supposed to be there, but I made it occur in less awkward places. I also added more to the right hand at the end so it's not just octaves. The clashing notes may sound odd, but if you listen to the real song they're there. Is this better? https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9eultj73nraimt3/Puzzle.zip?dl=1

MoboMoga

Quote from: MoboMoga on November 10, 2012, 08:11:53 AMI'm pretty sure the format's ok..Jompa had to help me with the format because i always use Noteflight, and I'm extremely uncomfortable with Finale, no matter how I try.  :-\

Pokemon Black White 2: Join Avenue - Greetings! [ZIP]

Sebastian

[N64] Paper Mario - Walking on the Clouds

Walking on the Clouds.Midi
Walking on the Clouds.Mus
Walking on the Clouds.Pdf
Can u please let me use media fire?
my dad wont let me use dropbox :( :(
or could somone else put my sheets in their dropbox and put them on that way???