News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Bloop's Compositions

Started by Bloop, November 10, 2012, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Saving for idea I need to come up with)

need two choices
10 (71.4%)
darn
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Bloop

Olimar12345

I've got some feedback for you're "timid" piece.

-For starters, I was wondering why you titled this song "Timid". I know that the lyrics talk about having a lack of courage and what-not, but The MUSIC doesn't reflect it. In other words, only the lyrics are timid. Nothing more.

-As for the trombones range, it's tricky. The tenor trombone can play down to the E natural below the stave, then chromatically from the Bb below the stave down to the F. For tenor trombone, this is purely an effect, as it is extremely hard to control with a good sound.  With an F-attachment, things get easier. Now you've added the notes chromatically from low Eb-C,. the low B natural is only possible with a bass trombone, as it has a second valve which adds the necessary tubing to acquire it. Take a look at this chart I made.

-The piccolo is down-right too low, even when transposing. That range would be better for flute. On that note, be careful with low flute. It can be easy to lose their sound down there.

-Is there a reason that you've written the violin II part higher than the violin I? It just seems odd...

-Your horn part is too high. I wouldn't write above a written E. (though some professionals can go higher, but I wouldn't ask for it) Treat their range like a trombone and you'll be fine.

-The vocal range of this piece is scary...Some would argue it is impossible, but I'm sure someone out there can sing it...

-It's hard for the trumpet to play up there at mf. It'll come out as at least a forte.

Other then all of that, it's a nice little piece. I was never a fan of singing, at least in English. (especially these lovey-dovey lyrics... :P )

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 28, 2013, 01:29:05 PMI've got some feedback for you're "timid" piece.

-For starters, I was wondering why you titled this song "Timid". I know that the lyrics talk about having a lack of courage and what-not, but The MUSIC doesn't reflect it. In other words, only the lyrics are timid. Nothing more.
The music was (kinda) reflecting the emotions of the singer, not the shy feeling. The first couplet was somewhat sad, the second one happier because of the girl, and the last ones about being angry that the shyness is blocking what he wants.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 28, 2013, 01:29:05 PM-As for the trombones range, it's tricky. The tenor trombone can play down to the E natural below the stave, then chromatically from the Bb below the stave down to the F. For tenor trombone, this is purely an effect, as it is extremely hard to control with a good sound.  With an F-attachment, things get easier. Now you've added the notes chromatically from low Eb-C,. the low B natural is only possible with a bass trombone, as it has a second valve which adds the necessary tubing to acquire it. Take a look at this chart I made.

-The piccolo is down-right too low, even when transposing. That range would be better for flute. On that note, be careful with low flute. It can be easy to lose their sound down there.

-The vocal range of this piece is scary...Some would argue it is impossible, but I'm sure someone out there can sing it...
I explained this already a few posts ago to Jompa. My songs are just a first draft (as I look at it), so changes can be made.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 28, 2013, 01:29:05 PM-Is there a reason that you've written the violin II part lower than the violin I? It just seems odd...
I think you mean vice versa, violin I lower than violin II. But I have no real clue actually. I think I noticed at first, but was too lazy to change it, and it sort of stayed there.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 28, 2013, 01:29:05 PM-Your horn part is too high. I wouldn't write above a written E. (though some professionals can go higher, but I wouldn't ask for it) Treat their range like a trombone and you'll be fine.
Ah, I didn't know. Just lowering the octave doesn't really do the trick, at least for the first part, so I guess I should just move them to some other instruments. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 28, 2013, 01:29:05 PM-It's hard for the trumpet to play up there at mf. It'll come out as at least a forte.
I guess the outcome would be forte, then. I don't think it should give that much of a problem.

Also, I gave a somewhat older song "Don't" lyrics!

Jompa

I know your piece so far only is a first draft, so you don't really have to care about this, it is just me giving more critique about the instrumentality: :P
Spoiler
Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 28, 2013, 01:29:05 PMIs there a reason that you've written the violin II part lower than the violin I? It just seems odd...
Well, it is a bit weird if they are playing an harmonized melody-sorta thing, but if they are playing parts that are different, then violin 1 should have the most important part, even if it is lower than the violin 2.
But in Bloop's piece, where this occurs; none of the violins actually hold a "super-important" role, though, so it is a bit hard to determine which of the two parts are more important. Also; in these places the gap between the violins are extremely big anyways (with that I mean that the violin 2 is so much higher than the violin 1 that anyone who would hear it would think the violin 2 is the violin 1).
I'm with Olimar here.
Quote-Your horn part is too high. I wouldn't write above a written E. (though some professionals can go higher, but I wouldn't ask for it) Treat their range like a trombone and you'll be fine.
Change the instrument to piccolo horn or something ::)

And this is just unserious...
And Bloop, where are the saxes?  >:(
[close]
[close]
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

There are saxes in an orchestra?

Talking about orchestra, I've made a remix of Endlessly, a song by Muse. It fits my situation perfectly, so it deserved this :D (Also fun ending thing for my videos :3)

I'm still making/trying to make original compositions. I don't have enough inspiration for a whole song right now :(.
I've also reset the vote count of the poll, following my idea some posts back.

Bloop

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Bloop

K-NiGhT

I really wish I could compose like you. You seem to work so quickly too.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Bloop

Thanks! I think I do.. I made some songs in just a day (More Song, Flow of the Wind, for example). I feel like there's something wrong about it ._.

FSM-Reapr

It takes me forever to scroll down that poll

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bloop on May 03, 2013, 03:05:10 AMThanks! I think I do.. I made some songs in just a day (More Song, Flow of the Wind, for example). I feel like there's something wrong about it ._.

Oh, I doubt that! Even if you don't like some of your pieces, it's fantastic to have so much practice.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 03, 2013, 04:14:54 AMOh, I doubt that! Even if you don't like some of your pieces, it's fantastic to have so much practice.
I'm not saying I don't like the pieces made in a day, I meant that it feels like it's going so fast.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 03, 2013, 03:51:09 AMIt takes me forever to scroll down that poll
Sometimes, clicking the scrollbar and dragging it down is useful after all. But I think I'm going to "delete" the poll (just some empty space), since it isn't getting much attention, or attention enough to make the poll a useful place.

Jompa

Always when I'm imagining Bloop I envision him sitting on a throne made of all the sheet music from his compositions.
Birdo for Smash