News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Bloop's Compositions

Started by Bloop, November 10, 2012, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Saving for idea I need to come up with)

need two choices
10 (71.4%)
darn
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Jompa

Yeah yeah ofc - I just wanted to ask,
because if you did, then that would've been a bit cool:P
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Quote from: Jompa on January 06, 2013, 10:05:21 AMYeah yeah ofc - I just wanted to ask,
because if you did, then that would've been a bit cool:P
I don't know if it's that cool for copying an exact chord progression, but I do copy parts of it sometimes. I usually make them myself, and are probably used in older songs.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jub3r7

Quote from: Bloop on January 05, 2013, 11:48:14 AMThanks! I wrote it for a classmate. I'm going to send her 'Too Scared to Tell' around Tuesday. Let's hope she loves me too ;).
Let us know how it goes!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Bloop

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 07, 2013, 03:41:02 PMLet us know how it goes!
Alright, it's her birthday, so I sent her this message:

"Happy birthday! Remember when you asked me to write a song with English lyrics? Well, here it is. Tell me what you think about it tomorrow at school.
[video]"

The video was the song (lyrics version) with this as cover:

^^ my name

Bloop

Jompa

I think you could need a cup of tea, Bloop..
Your last four songs were very very dark! They were all good! But they were really really dark, and agitated. Huge contrast to your other songs. Not in a bad way, it's just that it was a bit scary when coming from you :P
Like, even one in 7/8. twisted!

Nah, now I feel mean...
Great songs Bloop!, four songs that just happened to be heavy and dark :)
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Thanks! Yeah, I don't feel that non-dark this time. Night at the Carnival isn't made during the "dark era" however, just a remix from my first song I've ever made. The very first.

EDIT: I fixed One Day You'll Be Fine. Fixed things are in the description of the video.

Bloop

Jompa

Bloop, I love all of your songs!
Also, smart use of 251 in Change is the Key, it was a pleasant listen :)
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Quote from: Jompa on January 18, 2013, 09:32:35 AMAlso, smart use of 251 in Change is the Key, it was a pleasant listen :)
Wut did I use?

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Jompa

Y'know chord progression.
251 is a way to build up the chord progression, and you used plenty of it. It's all about dominants and thirds leading to dominants and so on.. :)

In your case:
The song is in A minor, so you chorse to start of there. The first chord change isn't anything special, it's just the minor third chord, which is C major. But C major leads to F major, because the third in C, E, leads to the first in F, F. Then F leads to Bb major, because the third in F, A, leads to the first in Bb, Bb. Can you see the pattern so far? We have C - F - Bb. If you take Bb as a starting point, in other words the 1, then C is the 2 and F is the 5 --> 251. This continues --> After the C, the F and the Bb comes Eb major. The third in Bb, D, leads to the first in Eb, Eb. F Bb Eb = 251. Then Eb leads to Ab(because of the third, G), then Ab leads to Db(because of the third, C) --> Eb Ab Db = 251. After that it goes to a C, but that isn't a part of the pattern (which you can clearly hear -> it kinda takes a weird turn at this chord -> so that means the pattern was broken). And then you're back to the start A minor.
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Quote from: Jompa on January 18, 2013, 03:05:45 PMY'know chord progression.
251 is a way to build up the chord progression, and you used plenty of it. It's all about dominants and thirds leading to dominants and so on.. :)

In your case:
The song is in A minor, so you chorse to start of there. The first chord change isn't anything special, it's just the minor third chord, which is C major. But C major leads to F major, because the third in C, E, leads to the first in F, F. Then F leads to Bb major, because the third in F, A, leads to the first in Bb, Bb. Can you see the pattern so far? We have C - F - Bb. If you take Bb as a starting point, in other words the 1, then C is the 2 and F is the 5 --> 251. This continues --> After the C, the F and the Bb comes Eb major. The third in Bb, D, leads to the first in Eb, Eb. F Bb Eb = 251. Then Eb leads to Ab(because of the third, G), then Ab leads to Db(because of the third, C) --> Eb Ab Db = 251. After that it goes to a C, but that isn't a part of the pattern (which you can clearly hear -> it kinda takes a weird turn at this chord -> so that means the pattern was broken). And then you're back to the start A minor.
Ah, alright. I didn't even knew I did this exactly. I always have the 'term' "that chord of that chord" in my head. I would suck as music teacher.