News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Finale NotePad 2012 Problem

Started by BonusPwnage, November 07, 2012, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonusPwnage

Okay. I've been arranging songs with Finale NotePad 2012, and I've got quite a few racked up. I though I'd conquered all of my problems, but a new one arose. Even though I have repeat bar lines in the proper space, the song doesn't repeat when I play it back. After looking through Finale forums and messaging support groups, I found out that the repeat feature doesn't work in playback. If I submit an arrangement in mus. and midi. format, will it not playback the repeat, or am I fine? And if it doesn't playback, what can I do to solve this problem? I really don't want to have all of that hard work go to waste...

EDIT: I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have the unpaid version of NotePad.

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm purty sure the .MUS & .MIDI will include it.  Not positive, but I've arranged with NotePad too and the file should carry over.  Seriously, that's just embarrassing if it doesn't.

JDMEK5

MIDIs do not include double bar lines, repeats, etc. Therefore, repeats will not be played on a MIDI.

Quote from: BonusPwnage on November 07, 2012, 05:44:27 PMI don't know if it makes a difference, but I have the unpaid version of NotePad.
Notepad is free.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

There is a trick to getting around this:

1)find a MUS file on the site that has a working repeat bar
2)highlight the measure and press Ctrl+C
3)open your sheet and highlight a measure to paste it on, then proceede to Ctrl+V
4)finish your arrangement and enjoy a working repeat bar.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BonusPwnage

Thank you so much, Olimar! I'll try it and see how it turns out. You really don't know how much this means to me. It's people like you who are kind enough to take the time to answer people's questions that make my days. Thanks to everyone else as well for all of the useful information!
P.S. Ignore what everyone else says, Olimar is one of the best characters in SSBB

Shadoninja

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4751.msg163168#msg163168

Ive made a notepad template with many workarounds. You can copy and paste what you need and delete what you don't
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

Quote from: BonusPwnage on November 08, 2012, 05:37:55 PMP.S. Ignore what everyone else says, Olimar is one of the best characters in SSBB
They're all just jelly :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BonusPwnage

It worked! Thanks a lot! Now, time to start firing out some arrangements!