News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Trumpet

Started by lord of the duh, April 29, 2008, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hauffe

Meh, our band:

11 Trumpets (4 can't play to save their lives)
Like 9 or 10 Clarinets (all epic)
4 or 5 flutes, some suck
4 trombones and one has had me convinced that he can't play an instrument, he just sits with his trombone bell facing the ground making fart-like sounds. the other three are meh.
3 french horns... pretty good
1 tuba, he is epic
1 bari, probably the best band-ist
2 tenors, never hear them
2 altos, good
1 oboe, she just got her's back (it was broke)
3 base clarinets and I am pretty sure they don't play at all.
9 or 10 percussionists
no bassoon
no baritones
no piccolos

Sirus

Quote from: starpikachu on May 05, 2008, 05:56:13 PMholy crap you guys have so many people in band :o in my school we have intermediate and advanced bands, but the orchestras outnumber both of them (49>24 int. 42>28 adv.)
intermediate (mostly 6th grade, but some 7th):
3 flutes
7 clarinets
3 alto saxes
4 trumpets
2 trombones
5 percussion

advanced (7th and 8th grade):
9 flutes
7 clarinets
1 bass clarinet
2 saxes
3 trumpets
1 trombone
5 percussion

haha
its the exact opposite in my school
were getting so small that the counselors (against my teacher's opinion) are thinking about combining intermediate and advanced orchestras (that shoceked me b/c the intermediate orchestra is so much... different, probably b/c the advanced group top chairs are dominated by asians for, ex. all first violins are asian, our best viola is asian, and im the only asian cello  :P, the best 2nd violins, who should be 1st, are asian, etc.)
thats IF we dont have any more enrollments in orchestra

starpikachu

nearly every music player is asian in my school. but then nearly everyone in the school is asian. :P

Brawler4Ever

*Looks at your profile*
Well, duh. you are from the world of Pokemon.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

starpikachu

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on May 30, 2008, 06:19:15 PM*Looks at your profile*
Well, duh. you are from the world of Pokemon.
what's that supposed to mean?! >:(

Brawler4Ever

???

For your location, you put :Kahnto, Hoenn, and the other Pokemon places.

Bad joke. My bad...
 :(

starpikachu

oh...ok. that makes sense. sorry for the outburst. :-[

Brawler4Ever

It's fine. I should have been more clear...clearer...yeah.

MetroidHunter26

Trumpets are awsome I think all of us hath done told how all our bands doth sucketh so I ask thee this...Does this hat make me look fly-eth?

Brawler4Ever

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on May 30, 2008, 06:53:07 PMYes.
XD Thank thee! ok but getting back on topic. I'm a successful trumpet player who can be very show offy if I wanted to. XD

starpikachu

yay, good for you!

ahem, my *coughadmirercough* is a trumpet player, too. I don't think he's a big show-off. although, the 8th graders might be...:P

MetroidHunter26

All 8th graders are show offs.....-_____-;

pumpy_heart

Our band numbers. This is our Symphonic band while we have two bands combining for over 150 people.
1 piccolo (if needed)
6 flutes (this includes the pic player)
10 Clarinets
1 Alto Clarinet
4 Alto Sax
1 Tenor Sax
1 Baritone Sax
2 Oboes
3 Bassoons (Bassoons ftw...although he might drop it down to 2 next year)
9 Trumpets
4 Trombones
3 Baritones
3 Tubas
1 String Bass
and an awesome Percussion section

I guess we are average size..although we bulge in a couple of spots that others dont.
I sat 3rd bassoon behind two drum majors and two seniors...ouch... (Im a sophomore becoming a junior) But next year, Ima be first chair. no doubt in my mind.
And when I play alto sax (during marching season)...I deservingly sit last chair haha. I will always put myself in front of freshmen tho...although some may play better than me. So seating isn't organized.

MetroidHunter26

Wow PH your bands numbers are wonder full! >___> I wish we had that many next year. and sadly I MIGHT BUT HOPEFULLY MIGHT NOT drop next year. >____> well I have this stupid splint thing in my mouth so I can align my jaw so my jaw joints (TMJ's) wont click when I talk or eat and I've played trumpet with that!

(In short I had an over bite and I played trumpet for 3 years with the over bite and now I have to align my jaw so I don't have an overbite and I can't play my trumpet for a WEEK and so far it sucks. not to mention it has incredibly weakend my jaw strength and so I have to for a week eat Scrambled eggs, bread with creamy peanut butter, mashed potatoes,bannanas and pudding. >_____> cause they are the only foods I like that are soft for me to eat with this stupid plastic thing in my mouth)