News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Trumpet

Started by lord of the duh, April 29, 2008, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starpikachu

holy crap you guys have so many people in band :o in my school we have intermediate and advanced bands, but the orchestras outnumber both of them (49>24 int. 42>28 adv.)
intermediate (mostly 6th grade, but some 7th):
3 flutes
7 clarinets
3 alto saxes
4 trumpets
2 trombones
5 percussion

advanced (7th and 8th grade):
9 flutes
7 clarinets
1 bass clarinet
2 saxes
3 trumpets
1 trombone
5 percussion

Palagerini

my band is big we never get any work done... and that our director can't control all of them..

3 tubas
1 baritone
4 trombones
12 alto saxes
1 tenor sax
22 trumpets
17 clarinets
17 flutes
9 percussionist
1 base clarinet
1 oboe
1 basson
3 french horn

so yes... we have no balance and everyone is bad.. one reason why i'm not taking band next year.. but i'll take it in high school i guess.. i'll just have to work on the trumpet (by playing video game music!  ;D)
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

razer84

Quote from: Palagerini on May 06, 2008, 05:21:49 AMone reason why i'm not taking band next year.. but i'll take it in high school i guess.. i'll just have to work on the trumpet (by playing video game music!  ;D)

i'm not gonna do band in high school, because they make you do marching band, which i really don't want to do. (and marching band is your fall sport, so, no.)

damn commies.

MetroidHunter26

What sucks with meh band is we HAVE to do marching band & we HAVE to go to the football games for Pep band >___>

Palagerini

that's why there's jazz band =P. but atleast marching band is only for half a year... although i hate football so it's real boring for me to be at a football game. why can't we play for the tennis team or chess team?! lol
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

David Hauffe

Quote from: Palagerini on May 07, 2008, 05:12:53 AMwhy can't we play for the tennis team or chess team?! lol

No. Just, No.

Palagerini

Quote from: David Hauffe on May 07, 2008, 05:32:40 AM
Quote from: Palagerini on May 07, 2008, 05:12:53 AMwhy can't we play for the tennis team or chess team?! lol

No. Just, No.
aww... why not? well what about basketball? some schools' bands play during basketball games.. although u don't march or anything..
<ktp753>ouch.

razer84

Quote from: Palagerini on May 07, 2008, 05:47:59 AM
Quote from: David Hauffe on May 07, 2008, 05:32:40 AM

No. Just, No.
aww... why not? well what about basketball? some schools' bands play during basketball games.. although u don't march or anything..

because us americans (though not me personally) obsess over football.

damn commies.

random_goldfish

Wow...at least your bands (for the most part) have all the instruments. (Except the mysterious English horn.)
My band has:
No piccolo
No oboe
No tuba
No bass clarinet
No baritone
No tuba
No French horn
We Do have:
6 flutes (one is amazing)
6 clarinets (my twin sister sits first)
4 alto saxes (my section of residence)
4 tenors (all loud, squeeky, and annoying)
1 bari (Pretty darn good if I say so.)
1 bassoon (Nice gal, can't hear her)
15 trumpets (uhg)
6 trombones (our strong point of all things)
5 percussionist (They're amazing)

I hated pep band...we did football and basketball...but we don't have a marching band.
I played my main instrument, the violin, in jazz band. (I'm such a homewrecker!)
In my high school orchestra I'm concert mistress and I'm off to college orchestra in the fall. (Violin IS a competetive sport...any string player breezing by this page will agree.)
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: random_goldfish on May 07, 2008, 12:57:41 PMWow...at least your bands (for the most part) have all the instruments. (Except the mysterious English horn.)
My band has:
No piccolo
No oboe
No tuba
No bass clarinet
No baritone
No tuba
No French horn

Wow none?! >_> we have a baritone and he's just too snoby. (freaking prick)

So all of us have a dysfunctional band eh? all right! we can all now share sympothy with one another >__<,

starpikachu

Quote from: random_goldfish on May 07, 2008, 12:57:41 PMWow...at least your bands (for the most part) have all the instruments. (Except the mysterious English horn.)
My band has:
No piccolo
No oboe
No tuba
No bass clarinet
No baritone
No tuba
No French horn
where I live, there seem to be fewer and fewer people in band each year. my brother's band has only 1 person in it (himself), so next year, when he and the other 5th graders move to my middle school, he's gonna be the only band person and there are 23 violins :o pretty sad if you ask me

Quote from: random_goldfish on May 07, 2008, 12:57:41 PMI played my main instrument, the violin, in jazz band. (I'm such a homewrecker!)
In my high school orchestra I'm concert mistress and I'm off to college orchestra in the fall. (Violin IS a competetive sport...any string player breezing by this page will agree.)
hey I play violin too :D and I totally agree. some guy in my class challenged me and two other people. despite our efforts, we all lost :'(

Sirus

my school the orchestrra is getting so small that the school might try and combine intermediate with us (advanced)....
Quote from: random_goldfish on May 07, 2008, 12:57:41 PMIn my high school orchestra I'm concert mistress and I'm off to college orchestra in the fall. (Violin IS a competetive sport...any string player breezing by this page will agree.)

thats why i play cello
but nowadays i think i should have played Double BAss or mandolin
much less competion -_-

scooterulez

I play the trumpet and I'm in first chair in my band and I play 2nd in the High School Marching Band. I'm learning how to play the bass guitar.

random_goldfish

thats why i play cello
but nowadays i think i should have played Double BAss or mandolin
much less competion -_-
[/quote]

I play mandolin...no competion...in my city I know all of 3 mandolin players.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Limbo

My school's strings suck majorly. They all play off key. And yes, my band is huge. It's two grades combined. We played our concert this week. Apparently we are the best band in YEARS!
"I wish all the people who have trouble communicating would just shut up."