change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Pokemon Showdown!

Started by FSM-Reapr, November 02, 2012, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-613846155

While testing Mega Medicham on my used-to-be-Mega-Banette-team (then for a time was a Mega Scizor team). I eschewed the regular Fake Out for Bulk Up, hoping to use Mega Medicham to scare things out and set up so it hopefully has the OOMPH it needs to actually OHKO things (because somehow 100 base attack Pure Power isn't always enough), instead of chipping away at things (which just doesn't cut it all the time). Of course, it relies on opponents doing the logical thing all the time, which a lot of the times they don't. I messed up a little by not Roosting against Scizor, instead going for Taunt (would've helped to keep the switch chain going on and wear down Scizor some more) and then assuming Tornadus had any item other than a Z-Crystal, but they messed up by keeping Tapu Bulu out when I switched in Gengar.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 05, 2017, 09:37:50 PMwait, medicham is an OU pokemon?
Yup, Mega Medicham is still OU. Regular Medicham's probably further down.

In other news, Manaphy has dropped to UU. Anyone else want to push this guy into OU again? I have a bad feeling it'll be imprisoned in BL within one round otherwise...

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Libera

I'll admit that I'm not really up on competitive pokemon, but that was pretty fun to watch!  (Also the other person being really salty when they lost was pretty amusing.)

BlackDragonSlayer

Thanks; it was absolutely miserable to play. I don't know why I still play Random Battles.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

Why is it every time I use Shedinja people forfeit? It's not even that hard of a pokemon to beat

BlackDragonSlayer

A better question is why do you even use Shedinja?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 13, 2019, 03:32:00 PMA better question is why do you even use Shedinja?
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 13, 2019, 02:55:44 PMevery time I use Shedinja people forfeit
I think I found the answer
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Because I thought it'd be funny to use shedinja with a focus sash, so he can take two hits. I also gave him Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Phantom Force, and Protect. I mostly use him to throw people off and to make them annoyed. But I mean, I'm not making an infinite stall like some people, you'll hit him eventually.

mikey

yeah that's pretty trolly
then again people could always just run sand teams
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

The thing is, Shedinja can be annoying to deal with. The majority of people don't build their teams with any thought of running into Shedinja, so that means that, in most cases, you only need to take out a couple of their Pokemon in order to make them unable to hit Shedinja completely. I don't think it's reasonable to forfeit simply upon seeing Shedinja, but idk.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

Most people actually try to fight shedinja, but forfeit after I demolish their pokemon with a simple sucker punch

AliceElizabeth

I just found out about Pokemon Showdown so far I like it. I'm just surprised I never knew about it before recently and I'm glad it's still pretty popular as well.