News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pokemon Showdown!

Started by FSM-Reapr, November 02, 2012, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dragonite

Roz~

I made a fun 6th gen team on PO (using only new 'mons, no megas), so if anyone wanna battle, hit me up~
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

I'm making 6 different teams (one for each Generation), with Gen 6 OU (meaning mega evolutions are allowed), so if anyone wants to hit me with suggestions go ahead!

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

I am currently number 20 on the Ubers Beta ladder (non-Pokebank) with a score of 2002. And to believe I used to like Pokebank Ubers better; ha. :P Non-Pokebank Ubers is actually quite fun when it doesn't take 10+ minutes to find a battle.

Next stop: Top of the ladder (eventually)!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Ubers Beta isn't a good of a accomplishment, not to rain on your parade(even though I'm doing that!). It's just three more Pokémon compared to OU Beta, making the gameplay having less variety.

I just feel it's a waste of time considering Pokebank will be out next month!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 14, 2013, 04:36:49 AMUbers Beta isn't a good of a accomplishment, not to rain on your parade(even though I'm doing that!). It's just three more Pokémon compared to OU Beta, making the gameplay having less variety.
The only thing that can be said to make Ubers Beta have less variety (compared to OU Beta) is Xerneas, and I've even seen some people who don't use it (and don't completely fail :P); nonetheless, you're implying that Ubers Beta requires less strategy (arguably, the presence of Xerneas/Yveltal/Mewtwo actually makes Pokemon selection and strategy more important when figuring out how to deal with them).
...I mean, it's not like Gen 1 Ubers. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 14, 2013, 01:24:49 PMnonetheless, you're implying that Ubers Beta requires less strategy (arguably, the presence of Xerneas/Yveltal/Mewtwo actually makes Pokemon selection and strategy more important when figuring out how to deal with them).
Actually, it requires more strategy because there are more threats!

Waddle Bro

Echo

Nothing like facing a Perish Trap team when you're using a VoltTurn one. :P

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-72485775