News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Pokemon Showdown!

Started by FSM-Reapr, November 02, 2012, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Choice Band Yveltal is NUTS with Scolipede as a teammate. Pass it a Swords Dance boost, spam Knock Off and EVERYTHING DIES.

Vs. Full-health Lunala (maximum defensive spread because reasons):
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Hoopa: 726-854 (151.8 - 178.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. Toxapex (again, maximum defensive spread):
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 375-442 (123.3 - 145.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. ExtremeKiller Arceus:
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 603-709 (157.8 - 185.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. Geomancy Xerneas:
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 184 HP / 28 Def Xerneas: 357-420 (81.3 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs. Defensive Primal Groudon:
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon: 346-408 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
It gets a guaranteed OHKO on any Primal Groudon without HP and/or Defense investment.

Vs. Mega Salamence:
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 420-495 (119.6 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. Another Choice Band Yveltal!:
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 32 Def Dark Aura Yveltal: 354-417 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

The list goes on. Even if you don't kill anything (i.e. you get Burned or your opponent loves slapping Focus Sashes on everything), you're still be eating away at pretty much your opponent's entire team, leaving them super vulnerable to anything that's faster than them (currently using Arceus and Choice Scarf Xerneas for that purpose; and then, if Scolipede is still available, I repeat the process with Primal Groudon :3 :3 :3). Yikes.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankubers-503617520
Choice Band Yveltal's motto is: if you run into something that walls you, just break it down.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Don't use that stategy turn one. You're sacking 2 pokemon to do that so if you play against a team with a counter (and unlike in your replay, they don't sacrifice half their team before sending it out), most of the time you'll be doing a 2 for 1 trade not in your favor. Build the rest of your team around weakening yveltals counters then use him as a win con.

tl;dr it's not optimal to use setup sweepers as wall breakers
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on December 22, 2016, 10:35:01 PMDon't use that stategy turn one. You're sacking 2 pokemon to do that so if you play against a team with a counter (and unlike in your replay, they don't sacrifice half their team before sending it out), most of the time you'll be doing a 2 for 1 trade not in your favor. Build the rest of your team around weakening yveltals counters then use him as a win con.

how much competitive battling have you done
unmotivated

FireArrow

I did a lot gen 4-5 now I just kinda do random battles when I'm bored. If that was just a sarcastic question to express disagreement then idk what to say; my advice is pretty basic stuff.

mikey

you're using meta-sounding terms is all
unmotivated

FireArrow

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on December 22, 2016, 10:35:01 PMDon't use that stategy turn one. You're sacking 2 pokemon to do that so if you play against a team with a counter (and unlike in your replay, they don't sacrifice half their team before sending it out), most of the time you'll be doing a 2 for 1 trade not in your favor. Build the rest of your team around weakening yveltals counters then use him as a win con.

It really depends on the team your playing against; with most teams, it's pretty easy to set up with Scolipede right off the bat, especially since most times you won't even get a good chance to do it anytime later (with a few exceptions, though not enough to where you should rely on it). Of course, you kind of have to use your own judgement for that, though there are still times I haven't used it as my turn 1 strategy.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DocDoom2

When I saw Crabominable's stats I knew it'd be considered horrible, thus I started on a gimmick for it.
I'll still have to work out a few kinks and change the teammates up a bit, but otherwise I think it actually turned out pretty well!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-509151226
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

FireArrow

It's an interesting idea but crabominable is way too slow to sweep anything (even with choice scarf.) You'd probably have more luck with tauros or choice scarf krookodile.

BlackDragonSlayer

I think Crabominable works out in particular because it doesn't take much damage from Frost Breath (unlike Krookodile), and because its higher Attack stat, but yeah, it definitely needs either Tailwind or Follow Me to support it.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Its base speed is like 45 follow me is pretty much the only option. Unfortunately Mr. Mime is the only pokemon with both frost breat and follow me. I guess you could use alolan ninetails with aura veil as your frost breather and have a back up party full of follow me mons and just hope they focus ninetails instead of crabby.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on January 01, 2017, 11:49:07 AMIts base speed is like 45 follow me is pretty much the only option. Unfortunately Mr. Mime is the only pokemon with both frost breat and follow me. I guess you could use alolan ninetails with aura veil as your frost breather and have a back up party full of follow me mons and just hope they focus ninetails instead of crabby.
Eh; with Tailwind and max speed investment it can at least outspeed Pokemon with base 130 speed. And Froslass is frail enough to have the potential to not survive past the first turn or two. It would probably be easier to pull off in regular 6-on-6 doubles though, so you don't lean the full weight of your strategy on the gimmick.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

I don't think anything learns both tailwind and frost breath anyways