News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWX XLI - Gotta Lynch 'em All Post Game

Started by Bird, October 19, 2012, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

Congratulations Human Team!

Role Reveal

-Wolves-
Dude
gzgregory

Spyro

-Humans-
BlackDragonSlayer
SocialFox

vermilionvermin
FSM-Reapr
Kman96/shadowkirby
Bubbles7689
blueflower999
Mashi
spitllama
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
SlowPokemon

--------------------------------------

Analysis

Inactivity ruins yet another game, although this time it wasn't necessarily the fault of the humans. If Dude and Spyro hadn't missed that last wolfing (especially if they had used it on Mashi), this game may have turned out a lot differently. Instead, the missed wolfing led to people becoming suspicious of Spyro and Dude, which eventually led to a confession.

It's also a shame that gzgregory was taken out so early. Honestly, even though I use it myself, I think stalking the "who is online" list is pretty cheap. Yes, he blew it when he gave an awful explanation for why he was sending a message, but he never should have been suspected in the first place if it weren't for a stroke of dumb luck on FSM's part. I hope this game serves as an example for future wolves to be extremely careful when sending PMs to each other. I'd suggest checking the people online, to make sure you're not being watched, then to compose a message and quickly open up the thread in a different tab. That way, it looks like you're reading the thread rather than sending a message when people are looking at who is online. Or just use email.

On the human side of the game though, I saw a lot of great activity. For a game as simple as this one, it's nice to see it get 24 pages of posts. There was a lot of healthy discussion on suspicions which is great, and I only handed out one human phantom the entire game. It's sort of funny how mid-way through the game, people made the mistake of ignoring inactive players (which is the opposite of the mistake I made as a human in my last game where I went for human inactives).

The special "oracle" mechanic, where everyone reveals a player when they die, didn't work out the way I'd hoped it would, but at least it didn't detract from the quality of the game. Overall, it was a good game and thank you all for playing.

Player Analysis

vermilionvermin - As always, you die before the game comes to an end. But that doesn't mean you didn't make a difference. You had a clever bit of detective work with checking the last time gzg's page edited, which I'm sure was a major contributing factor to why he was lynched. Like I said in the game analysis, your only real mistake was not suspecting the inactives as much as you should have, but that's not something I can really blame you for. A good, standard-performance game for you as a human.

FSM-Reapr - Although you got lucky with the PM-stalking, you did a good job of "going after" gzg once you'd seen him with the PM stuff. It looked like you were playing a lot more aggressively than usual this game, which is really nice to see as well. You're showing a ton of improvement and represented a very dominant force in this game, I would just try not to be as dependent on who is sending PMs in the future.

Kman96/shadowkirby - If you weren't going to be very active (Kman), I'd say giving somebody else your spot was a smart move. But shadowkirby ended up not being very active either, and his lynch led tot he humans not finding out as much information as they could have. So this is really all I can leave you two with: be more active!

Dude - Your only mistake was really the missed wolfing. You could have kept on being as inactive as you were and had a strong chance of winning if you hadn't missed that wolfing. But it led to people suspecting the two remaining wolves which led (and I can't blame you for this) to you giving up. I think it would probably be better to be a bit more active in the future, both in the thread and when sending PMs.

BlackDragonSlayer - Like FSM, you're showing a lot of improvement. You did a great job of defending yourself when all the evidence was pointing to you being a wolf. But you made the mistake of assuming the people working against you were automatically wolves. A pretty easy mistake to make, but consider all the possibilities at all times so that you don't fall into a trap where you start thinking everything a person does is something they would do as a wolf.

Also, it seemed like you put every single post of yours in list format. What's the deal?

Spyro - Come on dude, be active. I've seen you make really great posts as a wolf, when you're active. But you posted a total of 3 times this game. Three times! And you didn't even vote once! You add a lot to games when you really try to. I'm just disappointed that you didn't really try to add to this game.

SocialFox - I am kind of miffed that an expert wolf-catcher such as yourself refused to provide a suspicion list. A player as talented as you should really share their opinion on everyone as much as possible, even if it means everybody will automatically lynch you.

Bubbles7689 - Not much can be said here really. Better luck next time!

blueflower999 - I actually did this analysis last since I'm not sure really what to say to you. The only behavior that stands out to me from the game was your obsession with BDS. So I guess... uh... don't try and get humans lynched. Yeah, that's some great advice.

Mashi - Standard Mashi game. You were the person smart enough to recognize that the humans should target inactives after nobody was wolfed, so A+++++++++ on that count. But during day phases, I feel like you only started to be active really close to the deadline. If you would express who you think is most suspicious (and who should be lynched) much earlier in the phase, I think that would have helped the human team quite a bit.

spitllama - It's hard for me to analyze your performance since what you did seems so incredibly alien to me. Why did you let yourself get lynched so easily? No matter what my role is, I always fight tooth and nail to prevent myself from being voted for. You were performing well as a human prior to that, so it just left me scratching my head really.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf - I thought that was a decent first performance. I hope you'll keep playing games with us in the future, and hopefully they'll be more interesting than this one was. A piece of advice, when voting for somebody that somebody else has voted for, consider including your reasoning (for why you're voting for them) in your post.

gzgregory - Most of this was covered in the analysis section, but you had a bit of bad luck and did a bad job of explaining it. Not a lot you really could do (unless you were an outstanding liar), so just try to be more careful in the future I guess!

SlowPokemon - I think it's kind of funny that people still suspected you after you suggested that Bubbles (a player the wolves killed) should replace SocialFox. A decent performance though. I see a lot of great analysis from you, though in future games it would be nice to see that analysis put to good use. Take action, start lynches!

And some more general stuff that applies to everyone.

- When posting a chatlog to the thread, consider bolding the especially important parts of the logs so nobody has to dig through them.

- When posting a suspicion list, it's best to post it in the order of most suspicious (at the top) to least suspicious (at the bottom). That way, you can say who you're most suspicious of, and who you trust, without having to write a lot for each person.

- Finally, here are the two images of medals, the first for Vera and the second for blueflower999 (who inexplicably got a Vaporeon instead of Wartortle!!!) [1] [2]

- Thanks for playing everyone.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bubbles

Yugi

I was the first person to come up with the Spyro lynch.
Stop stealing my thunder Mashi.

vermilionvermin

It doesn't count if you say it's a half-safety and don't give any explanation.

On another note, I would have pushed for socialfox's lynch were I alive day 3.  I had doubts about BDS and Spitllama, and the post in which he refused to give suspicions made it clear that his intentions were to stay alive first and help the humans second.

FSM-Reapr

Hi guys, I'm back from my vacation(=epic fail for the wolves to wolf me).

The PM stalking is quite cheap, but hey, everything to get the humans a victory.

Sowwy Bubbles. :( *hug*

Bird, no MVPs?! ???

Bird

I thought about it, but I don't think any single player from either team stood out as "most valuable". There's a good chance that you'd be the one who'd get the award, if I did give it out though.

Toby

Dude and FSM MVP's please :)!

Also I didn't put reason because I had already argued and talked about it during night, it was just expected for me to vote BDS whenever I came online, I'd only be repeating myself, but hey, I guess I still should have added to it! :D

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on October 19, 2012, 12:47:15 PM-Wolves-
Dude
gzgregory

Spyro

Yeah... it was a lot more simple than I thought... :P I was thinking of some extremely complex scheme that the wolves thought up... :P

Quote from: Bird on October 19, 2012, 12:47:15 PMBlackDragonSlayer - Like FSM, you're showing a lot of improvement. You did a great job of defending yourself when all the evidence was pointing to you being a wolf. But you made the mistake of assuming the people working against you were automatically wolves. A pretty easy mistake to make, but consider all the possibilities at all times so that you don't fall into a trap where you start thinking everything a person does is something they would do as a wolf.

Also, it seemed like you put every single post of yours in list format. What's the deal?
I have a habit of putting things into organized points, especially when concerning suspicions...
I was already suspicious of SlowPokemon before he became suspicious of me:

Quote from: Bird on October 19, 2012, 12:47:15 PMblueflower999 The only behavior that stands out to me from the game was your obsession with BDS.
That's why I was suspicious of him. :P But I was going in the wrong direction...
It was a combination of bad timing and my thought that the wolves were using an extremely complex plot. This game has taught me to think of even simple things.

Quote from: Bird on October 19, 2012, 12:47:15 PM- When posting a suspicion list, it's best to post it in the order of most suspicious (at the top) to least suspicious (at the bottom). That way, you can say who you're most suspicious of, and who you trust, without having to write a lot for each person.
I posted them in a "down the player list" format... although I will try to do that from now on. :)
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

blueflower999

I'm not even going to comment on Bird's remarks.  :-\
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

I followed the game loosley, but I agree with the fact that Who's Online Stalking is both cheap and often wrong way to play this game. Firstly because not only does it force people to just stop talking to their friends (lest they be "cawt" or if they just don't give a f***), it means that any PM seen will be called into question on the grounds that "humans have nothing to hide" or some similar rubbish;secondly because it strongly implies that the stalkers really have nothing better to do with their time then stalk Who's Online on a little VG music forum; thirdly it prevents a game from becoming a good experience for deep thought and reasoning and instead relies on shallow "you were spotted doing X during Y time period," which, while valid detective work, often provides noreal evidence since people can easily lie and have no real incentive to even divulge the nature of the PM to begin with.

But, people will still do it, because there are no other ways to find wolves.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 19, 2012, 08:47:40 PMBut, people will still do it, because there are no other ways to find wolves.

You're right; there's no other way to determine wolves 100%... but even the "Who's Online" doesn't work 100%. It's still not right to do, though.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

In case it wasn't obvious, I was being sarcastic with that last line.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bird

FSM-Reapr

I suggest that if you're inactive you should be banned for the next game. BUT, if you are inactive for a reason(like, it's a part of your strategy), you should tell it to the host so you won't get any punishment.