Weakforced's Arrangements -- New Pokemon RSE draft (help?)

Started by Weakforced, March 09, 2021, 11:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weakforced

In progress:
  • "Route 119" - [GBA] Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version

Weakforced

I've got a draft now of Route 119 from Pokemon RSE. I have no idea where this stands as an arrangement so I guess here's the link to a google drive folder.

A couple of points I wasn't sure about:
  • Percussion: Some of the percussion is necessary for the feel of the piece but I didn't put it all in the arrangement yet. I saw a mini guide in the discord so I'll be looking there for guidance as well.
  • Back voices: Especially at the end, I'm not sure what to include for back voices but I started with none of them in case I shouldn't include any.

Also, I used finale notepad to convert the xml file to mus, so please let me know if that didn't work lol

edit: Oops! I forgot the Youtube link

Latios212

Heya! Sorry I've been meaning to comment on this for a while, but I've been pretty busy lately.

Anyway, nice to see a sheet from you! This is definitely a solid foundation you have here - you've got the right pitches and rhythms right overall. Here are a couple of pointers on things we can do to make this one shine some more:
- See where you can add harmonies. This is an overall lively and bombastic piece and you have a good start at the beginning of octaves in the left hand, chords in the right hand. Most of the rest though is single notes though. While this is fine in some of the tamer places like the end of page 1 through first half of page 2, some other sections like the increasing tension on the second half of page 2 demand some more chords to give it a more powerful sound. I can absolutely specify and give some examples of what to do if you need.
- Sort of along the same lines, think about dynamics. You don't have any written in now and this piece has a pretty broad range and pretty notable transitions.

Also, the way the original modulates to and from A flat major on page 3 is super cool. :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle