News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

The Golden Age of Disney

Started by MoboMoga, September 10, 2012, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoboMoga

I remember being creeped out when I saw "Pink Elephants on Parade", from Dumbo. It really brings out the mindset when one is drunk, with all the wild scenes.

garlicbananas

Talking about Hunchback, The Bells of Notre Dame and Hellfire are both super amazing songs, but I agree that I wish they didn't child-ize it so much. Can't stand those Gargoyles.

Favorite Disney movie is really close between Tarzan and Hercules for me.  Both have great (albeit extremely wrong) stories and music. I give a slight edge to Tarzan's story and in edge in music to Hercules. Don't get me wrong, I love Phil Collins, but I do prefer having the characters singing and Hercules had one more awesome song and that killer Horn line on "Go the Distance."

Honorable mentions go to Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Jungle Book, and The Nightmare Before Christmas's music (not a fan of the story and "humor").
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

SlowPokemon

Also forgot to mention I really love the fantasia films.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ZeldaFan

Is the Nightmare Before Christmas considered a Disney movie? In that case, that movie is #1 in my book. I love the music and the animation style. I've been watching that movie since I was about 4 years old and still love it.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

SlowPokemon

It's one of my favorites too but it was originally released under Touchstone because Disney thought it would be too scary for kids and didn't want to be associated with it. They rereleased it in 2006 with the Disney banner when it got a huge cult following.

garlicbananas

It's more Tim Burton than Disney, but it is owned by Disney.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 08, 2013, 05:32:31 AMAlso forgot to mention I really love the fantasia films.
Couldn't agree more.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Olimar12345

Does anyone remember the brave little toaster?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I don't remember anything about it besides the toaster himself but I remember that I watched one of the movies. Lol.

Olimar12345

Yeah, I can only really remember the title and what some of them looked like. I should watch it again sometime....
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yugi

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 10, 2013, 06:29:00 PMDoes anyone remember the brave little toaster?
SUICIDE CAR.

SUICIDE AIR CONDITIONER

Olimar12345

Yugi

garlicbananas

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: garlicbananas on January 11, 2013, 01:02:40 PMYeah, I had this on VHS.
Yep; I could probably dig through the cabinet a bit and find it right now. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

I watched Tarzan.

One of the deaths was really disturbing.