News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Golden Age of Disney

Started by MoboMoga, September 10, 2012, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoboMoga

Name some of the Disney movies that were your favorites and was a classic.

SlowPokemon

Alice in Wonderland (1951) is a fantastic film. Alice in Wonderland (2010) is an okay film.

I think Beauty and the Beast is my favorite besides the original Alice in Wonderland, but props to Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Princess and the Frog, CINDERELLA, and really most Disney animated films in existence.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MoboMoga

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 10, 2012, 06:16:34 PMAlice in Wonderland (1951) is a fantastic film. Alice in Wonderland (2010) is an okay film.

I think Beauty and the Beast is my favorite besides the original Alice in Wonderland, but props to Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Princess and the Frog, CINDERELLA, and really most Disney animated films in existence.

Princess and the Fog was AH-MAZING! Love the intensity of Dr. Facilier (?)! And yea, not much of a fan on the 2010 one..but 1951 was a great film.

Zunawe

I would think the golden age of Disney was way before all this stuff. Things like Steamboat Willie to Jungle Book. I think I know what you mean, those classic-feeling movies like Tangled or Princess and the Frog. I don't know, just being picky.

I really liked Aladdin. That's probably my favorite. Robin Williams is awesome in everything.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

That was just a thread title, he's talking about Disney in general unless I'm mistaken.

Speaking of Jungle Book, I always liked the snake in that movie.

Zunawe

I dunno. What I got from it was great animated movies. Pirates is great, but I wouldn't put it in this thread, for example.

It's been so long since I've seen Jungle Book. In fact, it's probably one of those movies that I didn't understand in any way because I was a kid. I'll have to find it somewhere.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Hmm....well it's a bit frivolous to have "live action and modern disney movies" as a separate thread.

I did like Pirates though let's be honest, that was probably mostly because of Johnny Depp. I do love that man.

MoboMoga

Well, I was talking about the classical stuff, but as long as it's a memorable one, I'm fine with it (please, no stupid Disney Shows..  :-\)

Zunawe

Lol. The Suite Life of Zach and Cody waz da best theme song of all time. trololol.

I never liked those shows. Anyway, not to get completely off topic, but Johnny Depp is good in everything. I mean that he can play anything in the world and make it good, even if it wasn't a good movie *cough**hack*The Tourist*cough**ahem* Sorry about that.

I program things

MoboMoga

Wow,. I can't believe I forgot Hercules...One of the best movies ever!! (esp the Muses Oh yah!!)

ZeldaFan

All those classics are fantastic! Lion King, Aladdin, Cinderella, Pocahontas, Mulan, the Little Mermaid, Enchanted, Tangled (I guess those last two aren't exactly "classic" yet)... I still get the songs stuck in my head!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

SlowPokemon

I personally like Alice in Wonderland (1951) the best, I think.

Beauty and the Beast is easily the best among all the animated films Disney has put out in the last twenty-five years, though.

MaestroUGC

It's hard for me to be impressed with any sort of music, and as such I first look at the music before story when judging musicals. On that note, with the exception of the gargoyles I find The Hunchback of Notre Dame to be one of Disney's strongest works they've ever produced. I think it is marred because they were creating a mature work for children; Hugo wrote some dark material and Disney felt they had to lighten it up for children, nevermind the fact that they could've had a superb piece of animation intended for adults. Then again, I may just enjoy Victor Hugo.

I'm not a huge fan of Disney, with either of the works produced during his life or not, but I do enjoy his work until his death. Post-Disney I find is really pandering, and at times quite trite, but there are some moments that find brilliant (see the work above).
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

I'm not nearly as big of a fan of Disney's child-friendly Hunchback of Notre Dame as I am of the 1939 film or Hugo's original work, but it was still good. I actually don't like Beauty and the Beast that much. I'm not even sure why.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

Oh of course, though I'm still not sure why Hugo had a thing for that goat...

The score for the Disney version is one of their best, however.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.