News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

QuoteBut saying, specifically "I dislike certain minorities" the definition of racism (or xism)?

Unlike other people going around pretending to be a really nice person saying "I'm not rasist, homphobe, sexist, or islamophobe". Way too often you find people saying those and pretending that they're nice and care for people, but in the end only does because of dumb stuff like: it's trendy, money, power etc. So instead I try to be as honest as I can with my opinions, while not hurting other people, which is a tough balance. I try my best just to balance the fact to "be myself" as honest to myself as possible with what "the society" wants me to be. And I think that it really comes down to Freud's ideas about "the Id, Ego and the Super-ego". I even recall one scientist, on tv in the midst of the mass-immigration, talking about what science have found on the topic of rasism. And it seemed pretty negative as scientists has found that people care more about people of the same race as they are. But however, that difference could be overrun, which was found in mix-raced couples. So the conclusion was that you could override those "natural biased feelings" with love. So saying the statement "everyone/everything is rasist, homophobe, sexist, islamophobe" is probably true, albeit a real overstatement. It's seems also pretty close to Christian thing about "everyone is sinful".

And you might then say "but Tobbeh99. If disliking certain minorities is the definition of racism (or xism, phobe) which is evil and bad and all, why not do something about it?". But then I can easily counter-argue to say "oh, so you're saying that I should hang around with a bunch of black gay muslims so that I get "cured" from my "evil" prejudice? Y I bet most people does that... nothing strange at all...". If you do that thinking that is "good" then in the end you end up like a weird SJW talking about how good and important all minorities are and then talking shit about straight white people. And that's just seem even more dumb.

And also it's not that I just now decided "I dislike minorities", it's something I never like throughout my life. If you'd ask me opinions on Islam, Lgbt, immigrants or any other minorities like 5, 10 or more years ago, it would either be: I don't care, or more or less negative. So why should I just change myself in order to please some people/political agenda? Imo it's better to just stay the same, but however try to focus more about the things you like rather than dislike, because if you focus a lot about the things you dislike, you'll end up looking like some grumpy emo kid, which is just bad. 

Also how came I didn't see this video, or hear anything about this, during the election. Hillary Clinton looks really like corruption in a nutshell. But all media attention was on how evil Trump was (at least here in Sweden). 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

How is some lady just tripping and falling considered a cringy moment? Forget politics, that's just messed up.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

What they don't talk about in the news (at least here in Sweden).

Also what you don't hear that much about but which I'm seriously concerned about (the stuff on the channel):

https://www.youtube.com/user/whygoldandsilver

Every time Wall Street crashes, there's a high risk for war (sigh...) 1929 (Europe/World), 2007 (The Middle East and North Africa).
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

correlation ≠ causation

Pianist Da Sootopolis

War is pretty damn good for the economy though
what is shitpost

Dude

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on November 05, 2017, 09:26:55 AMNever once did I suggest nor imply that. I suggest you don't put words in my mouth. I'm suggesting that people should succeed based on their merit and effort. Race, gender, religion, ethnicity should never be taken into account for whether or not someone gets a job.
sorry, I guess you just need loads of money to be qualified in that case, huh

Tobbeh99

It all seem to link to the "everything bubble". And according to this guy, the safest/best thing to do is to buy precious metals - gold and silver. I can imagine other (rich) people (in the US) doing that, but I'm not going to worry. I'm going to work as usual to earn money, I even sold some stocks (many years ago) I got from my dad.

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

buddy if the economy tanks to the point that normal currency is worthless, you will have bigger things to worry about than whether or not you have gold and silver readily available. People who put all their stock in the idea that precious metals will somehow continue to be precious no matter what happens to the world are idiots who don't understand the mechanisms of survival.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Precious metals will be worthless in an economy that bad b/c nobody can buy them lol
what is shitpost

PlayfulPiano

Things are only as valuable as how people view them.

If a 'precious metal' is viewed as without value, then it will be worthless in the economy.

The only things that are invaluable, as in they have so much value that it will (or should) never change over time, are the necessities to live. The two that currently are the least uh... "affected", are water and air, and water is already getting largely commercialized (which is absolutely stupid).

Shelter, Food, and Health are some partial exceptions as people generally need to create an exchange of goods for them to be transferred to the population, i.e. those who build homes, those who make food, and those who treat the sick. And even then, these are usually the priority in regards to reversing any jeopardizing problems to keep them accessible, aka preventing homeless, sickness, and world hunger.

Tobbeh99

QuoteThings are only as valuable as how people view them.

Y this was what I was thinking as well. I was a bit skeptical to his firm belief that there is some eternal inherit value of gold and silver. I mean, in the renaissance age, people didn't have currency so instead they used to trade commodities. Like "I have 2 cows, do you want to trade with me for 2 bags of grains and some wool". And that worked ok I guess, people traded what they had (in abundance) for what they needed. But then later currency was introduced as a substitute, which you could use to buy anything. So everything was relative to the currency.

That's how I view the concept of economy and trade. So I find his ideas sort of interesting in the sense that he really seem interested in economy and patterns. But I'm skeptical to his firm (almost religious) belief in gold and silver. 

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

I wonder, what do you guys think about Ben Shapiro ? Haven't heard of him until I stumbled upon him on youtube. I kind of like as he kind of represent the "smart conservative youth". After all the "Trumpism" it does make you more hopeful having those iron-firm conservatives, rather than hilly-billy Trumpists. But I don't like his opinions 100%, and I think it has to do partially with cultural backgrounds (USA and Europe) and also with ideological differences. But I do like his firm conservative opinions, and think they have long term value, rather than "Trumpism". What do you guys think?

10/10 tobbeh

Trainer Ave

I actually pretty much feel the same. Don't agree with all of his opinions but he is a very well spoken individual who actually (most of the time) knows what he's talking about
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Pianist Da Sootopolis

If Ben Shapiro is the "smart conservative youth", I hate to see what the dumb ones look like.

He's about as representative of the right as Rachel Maddow is of the left.

Unlike Maddow, however, he compared *essential healthcare services* to a piece of expensive furniture to be bought.

Tobbeh, have you ever had to pay a bill for your healthcare? Have you ever been in an ambulance, only to find out that you have a bill for $1,200 just for the ride? To say nothing of a situation like having a baby, where you can expect ~10 grand in hospital fees (more for a c-section, and godly expensive amounts for babies with complications).

Ben Shapiro thinks that that's the same thing as not being able to afford a piece of expensive furniture.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

About healthcare. I think it's obvious that it should be affordable, regardless of which way. Either you have it tax-paid or as a payed private service. I prefer tax-paid.

10/10 tobbeh