News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Just because something makes your like a tiny bit easier doesn't​ mean it does for everyone. Don't be selfish.

I thought you understood sarcasm, but I guess I was wrong about that and many other things. -_-

Trainer Ave

I still think it's entirely unnecessary to make everyone have health insurance
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dude

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 05, 2017, 07:03:56 PMI still think it's entirely unnecessary to make everyone have health insurance

Whoosh

mikey

pushing everyone below the poverty line by forcing them to pay for insurance and calling it a measurement of progress is a terrible thing to do.
It's as simple as this:
The federal government monopolizes healthcare -> either our federal budget is mostly devoted to healthcare, or it becomes more expensive than anything we've seen before.

The federal government keeps their hands off healthcare -> competition naturally lowers healthcare prices to affordable rates for nearly everyone without spending any of the federal budget.

Neither is perfect, but BOTH ARE BETTER than this type of market control that's been going on.
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

I kinda like option two. The old system wasn't broken and most of the people that say they couldn't get on healthcare before really just weren't on healthcare because they never took the initiative to get it until they were required to.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

you're supposed to like option two, option one is the liberal one.  Which probably works, but it's fiscally irresponsible.

edit: before people get salty mad, I mean because bwaf is right wing, not because liberal policy is unlikeable
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

No I'm actually middle of the road. I do tend to lean more towards the right on certain issues though

And on some issues I lean to the left.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

"Men's Rights Activist" sounds pretty right wing to me.
I can't imagine any moderate being an activist
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

Maybe but I doubt you know what the movement actually stands for.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

MaestroUGC

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 05, 2017, 07:49:58 PMI can't imagine any moderate being an activist
Having a nuanced outlook on various political issues is crazy talk.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: Dude on May 05, 2017, 07:22:47 PM
Whoosh
this still applies to the current conversation

FireArrow

If you can opt out of healthcare insurance competition will not lower it to affordable rates.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Trainer Ave

First off competition will lower it to affordable rates. That's just how business works. However that's not because people can opt out. I've been saying that it's just unnecessary to force everyone into it.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on May 05, 2017, 08:25:51 PMIf you can opt out of healthcare insurance competition will not lower it to affordable rates.
well if you're forced to buy it they don't have to
if not buying it is an option they're not making money.  What makes you say it won't?
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 05, 2017, 08:29:38 PMFirst off competition will lower it to affordable rates. That's just how business works.

I take it you've never heard of Martin Shkreli?