News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 20, 2016, 08:51:34 AMAlso what's so unacceptable about calling abortion morally wrong, hmm
Because you then assume that all abortions are made A) on a basis of morality vs practicality and B) without any conscience thought.
Quote from: Sebastian on May 20, 2016, 06:35:02 AMTo be honest, there isn't really any reason for me to argue with it
True, because you can't really argue the case against it.
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 20, 2016, 02:37:07 PMBecause you then assume that all abortions are made A) on a basis of morality vs practicality and B) without any conscience thought
I'm sorry I'm really having trouble understanding what you mean
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 20, 2016, 02:37:07 PMTrue, because you can't really argue the case against it.
If that makes you feel better than ok.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 20, 2016, 03:02:49 PMI'm sorry I'm really having trouble understanding what you mean
Actually I realized that what I said had nothing to do with what you posted. I thought you had said something else. My apologies.
To respond though, to call abortion morally wrong, you have to define what is immoral about it. You have to determine if it's actually the taking of a life; which, until 23(ish) weeks, it is not.
what is shitpost

mikey

oh, that explains that
even if "technically not killing something" is morally justified (lol) there's still that potential for a life that you're taking away from someone
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You do the same thing by eating chicken eggs, by using contraception, or by using hand sanitizer..
That you're taking away life from something which does not have it is a weak argument. Life is not inherently sacred because we say so.
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 20, 2016, 09:23:18 PMLife is not inherently sacred because we say so.
not because we say so, no
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 20, 2016, 09:23:18 PMYou do the same thing by eating chicken eggs, by using contraception, or by using hand sanitizer..
These aren't the best examples to use if you're accusing Noc of having a weak argument...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Well contraception is a valid comparison. You're killing off the sperm and egg that could otherwise make life, maybe even the person that cures cancer! Wish you didn't where that condom now huh?

Anyways that's besides the main point in pro-choice. No human has the right to a parasitic relationship with another without consent, though I think men including myself shouldn't have a say in this.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 20, 2016, 09:23:18 PMYou do the same thing by eating chicken eggs, by using contraception, or by using hand sanitizer..
That you're taking away life from something which does not have it is a weak argument. Life is not inherently sacred because we say so.
Chickens aren't humans. Organisms out of sanitizer are not humans.

Dude

Can someone remind me how important an 18 year old white male's opinions are in the decision of a woman's reproductive rights?

Altissimo

Quote from: Sebastian on May 21, 2016, 10:51:29 AMChickens aren't humans. Organisms out of sanitizer are not humans.

Neither are fetuses

Ruto

Here are things that you do that destroy a "potential human"

1) Fap
2) "those kinds of dreams"
3) Wear skinny jeans
4) Mountain Dew???
5) Miscarry naturally (been told that a really good chance of pregnancy is close to 90% so 10% of time must be duds to begin with at least)
6) Zika
7) Herpes
8 ) Flu
9) Not eating enough folate
10) Booze
11) Sitting on a radiator or hot tub
12) ...etc

There are enough things to kill sperm/fetus/babby as it is but only one is evil?

Quote from: Sebastian on May 21, 2016, 10:51:29 AMChickens aren't humans. Organisms out of sanitizer are not humans.

Organism killed by santizers*

Way to put your life above chickens...

Quote from: FireArrow on May 21, 2016, 12:22:37 AMWell contraception is a valid comparison. You're killing off the sperm and egg that could otherwise make life, maybe even the person that cures cancer! Wish you didn't where that condom now huh?

Don't you have to educate someone before they can cure cancer? What are the odds of that even happening...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 20, 2016, 02:37:07 PMBecause you then assume that all abortions are made A) on a basis of morality vs practicality and B) without any conscience thought.True, because you can't really argue the case against it.
I believe if we submit our morality to practicality then we forfeit our humanity. It would be better for the earth if the world population was lowered to a quarter million through mass genocide to make it as fast and effective as possible. (And there are those who do indeed desire this) To quote Alfred Molina: "Knowledge is not a privilege; it's a gift. And you use it for the good of all mankind." I was raised under the principle that practicality was supposed to coincide with morality.

Quote from: Dude on May 21, 2016, 11:05:59 AMCan someone remind me how important an 18 year old white male's opinions are in the decision of a woman's reproductive rights?
I don't mean to sound judgmental or anything when I say the following. But getting in bed with someone is a choice to take a risk. Frankly, if a woman isn't prepared for a kid, maybe she should avoid the bed. All choices have consequences be they good or bad.
Quote from: Altissimo on May 21, 2016, 11:15:54 AMNeither are fetuses
Well many of the fetuses that are aborted still manage to survive anyways. Babies are aborted later in conception than many when they are born prematurely and still live. Do fetuses survive being born before the scheduled abortion date? Because it has happened.

Quote from: FireArrow on May 21, 2016, 12:22:37 AMNo human has the right to a parasitic relationship with another without consent, though I think men including myself shouldn't have a say in this.
It wasn't too long ago that a baby was one of the best things that could happen to a person, not a problem that needs to be fixed.

Quote from: Ruto on May 21, 2016, 02:02:57 PMThere are enough things to kill sperm/fetus/babby as it is but only one is evil?
I think it's more the deliberate waste of life that's the concern with these debates; not the method itself.

As I said, I'm not trying to be a bigot nor putting a ton of gas into my argument because I am a man. I'm just explaining my opinions and I'm open to being convinced of a contradictory argument if I can be persuaded.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

Quote from: Dude on May 21, 2016, 11:05:59 AMCan someone remind me how important an 18 year old white male's opinions are in the decision of a woman's reproductive rights?
if men and women are equal then their opinions should be just as important, no?
unmotivated