News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

pretty sure he proved god existed then he disproved it the exact same way or something weird like that
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 30, 2015, 10:01:33 PMpretty sure he proved god existed then he disproved it the exact same way or something weird like that

..?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

I think he's referring to a quote he made a long time ago regarding a very early theory of his regarding black holes. It was partly made in jest, if I'm remembering the context correctly.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

I'm confused about the second amendment.

It says "the right to bare arms" so does that mean just firearms or weapons in general?

Yugi

I suggest that we put this thread in Forum Games where it rightfully belongs.

mikey

Quote from: Dude on October 01, 2015, 11:01:43 PMI'm confused about the second amendment.

It says "the right to bare arms" so does that mean just firearms or weapons in general?
obviously the meaning is pretty ambiguous given the extent of weaponry back then but I'd assume it meant any way to feasibly defend yourself
aka frying pans
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I thought it meant wearing tank tops
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Keep in mind, that statement is prefaced with "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state".
In the late 18th century, automatic weapons weren't a thing; it was flintlock technology.
So, should this make assault weapons legal?
Well, no constitutional right is absolute- the first amendment prohibits slanderous/defamatory speech, prohibits rallies that endanger public safety, etc. The 5th amendment, while you have the right to avoid self incrimination, you can still be legally forced to take a breathalyzer test. So, whether assault weapons are constitutionally ban-able is up for debate.
IMO the right to self defense shouldn't include tools that more often than not injures others before used for self defense.
what is shitpost

blueflower999

I picked a good time to go on a school retreat.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 02, 2015, 04:06:34 PMKeep in mind, that statement is prefaced with "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state".
In the late 18th century, automatic weapons weren't a thing; it was flintlock technology.
So, should this make assault weapons legal?
Well, no constitutional right is absolute- the first amendment prohibits slanderous/defamatory speech, prohibits rallies that endanger public safety, etc. The 5th amendment, while you have the right to avoid self incrimination, you can still be legally forced to take a breathalyzer test. So, whether assault weapons are constitutionally ban-able is up for debate.
IMO the right to self defense shouldn't include tools that more often than not injures others before used for self defense.
or people who sell guns can actually check who they're selling them to
unmotivated

FireArrow

You don't need a criminal record to murder someone.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

IMO If you're going to get a gun permit it should be like driving a car- you need to be well trained in proper maintenance and safety and how to use it correctly. I see no reason why that is unconstitutional; I see an infinite amount of why it's a responsible decision.
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on October 02, 2015, 06:29:35 PMYou don't need a criminal record to murder someone.
no, you need a mental ilness record
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 02, 2015, 07:03:59 PMno, you need a mental ilness record
Step 1. Don't go to a psychologist.
Step 2. Get a gun.

I suppose a mandatory psychiatric exam before buying a gun would be a decent idea. It doesn't help situations where people get messed up after owning a gun for 5 years (annual examinations to renew your license?)

TheInsidiousSpurt

I really hate the whole gun control law thing. It would be nice for each family to own a gun for safety reasons but people are dumb and abuse that right.