News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 25, 2015, 08:33:59 AMConservatives like him because of his STOP THE DAMN REDS WITH THE POWAH OF JESUS speakings
Lol if you can find him saying anything close to this I'd be very interested in seeing it.

Also a few new updates from the political world:

• Speaker of the House John Boehner is resigning, much to the jubilee of the people who actually elected him. Maybe now the Republicans in congress will actually attempt to do something about a certain government-sponsored organization that we really need to do something about.
  • Kim Davis is becoming a Republican because the Democrats abandoned her and have been calling her Hitler for a few months now. Let's see how long it takes the media to forget she was a Democrat and to start going "merrrrrrr Republicans" again.
  • Here's the current state of the Democratic party illustrated pretty nicely:
  • As for the Republicans, recent polls show Trump going down a few notches and the actually conservative candidates (i.e. Rubio and Fiorina) moving up, in some cases into the double digits. This race is looking less and less like a Donald Trump exposition by the day and I'm glad we're heading in that direction.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

FireArrow

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 26, 2015, 08:43:20 PM
  • Kim Davis is becoming a Republican because the Democrats abandoned her and have been calling her Hitler for a few months now. Let's see how long it takes the media to forget she was a Democrat and to start going "merrrrrrr Republicans" again.

Kim Davis is fodder against Christians who don't know what the first amendment actually is, not republicans. "Hurr Durr, Imma change my political opinion about completely unrelated things because I don't like the people who share my opinion" sounds really dumb though.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

blueflower999

Quote from: Dude on September 26, 2015, 09:54:13 PMok thanks for the update
I mean do I need to specify that I lean right before making my posts? The left-leaning people on this forum certainly present their opinions as factual a lot more than I do.  :P

Quote from: FireArrow on September 26, 2015, 09:59:20 PMKim Davis is fodder against Christians who don't know what the first amendment actually is, not republicans. "Hurr Durr, Imma change my political opinion about completely unrelated things because I don't like the people who share my opinion" sounds really dumb though.
You could make that case, sure. But like you keep pointing out to me, the partisan system is flawed to a degree. What's wrong with her changing her registration and keeping some Democratic principles? Certainly hasn't stopped Jeb Bush and his standardized education or Donald Trump and his single-payer healthcare.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FireArrow

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 26, 2015, 10:12:10 PMYou could make that case, sure. But like you keep pointing out to me, the partisan system is flawed to a degree. What's wrong with her changing her registration and keeping some Democratic principles? Certainly hasn't stopped Jeb Bush and his standardized education or Donald Trump and his single-payer healthcare.

It's just... really childish. If she changed her opinion to be more oriented to the right side, then she cares more about her nonexistent dignity than what she actually thinks is best for the country. If she changed affiliations without changing her opinion, then she's completely destroying the point of even registering for a party just to make a lousy point (though I'd argue there's no good reason to register for any party, as you know ;3)

blueflower999

Quote from: FireArrow on September 26, 2015, 10:16:25 PMIt's just... really childish. If she changed her opinion to be more oriented to the right side, then she cares more about her nonexistent dignity than what she actually thinks is best for the country. If she changed affiliations without changing her opinion, then she's completely destroying the point of even registering for a party just to make a lousy point (though I'd argue there's no good reason to register for any party, as you know ;3)
I mean the main reason to register for a political party is to vote in the primaries. Even if you don't agree 100% with either side (which of course most people don't fall into) it's still better to register to the side that you're more likely to support, or the side with the candidates that you want to win, so you can vote for them early on.

Also, couldn't you make the argument that every politician acts for what they perceive to be the best for the country, no matter how delusional they may be? Or perhaps you could also make the argument that all politicians act for their own purposes and couldn't care less about their country? You be the judge of that one.

I'm not going to defend Kim Davis on here because there really isn't very much to go off of that doesn't involve using religion. So I'll concede your point for now.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FireArrow

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 26, 2015, 10:24:34 PMI mean the main reason to register for a political party is to vote in the primaries. Even if you don't agree 100% with either side (which of course most people don't fall into) it's still better to register to the side that you're more likely to support, or the side with the candidates that you want to win, so you can vote for them early on.

By that logic I'd register as republican so I can try and make sure the least "redneck" candidate makes it to the end.

QuoteAlso, couldn't you make the argument that every politician acts for what they perceive to be the best for the country, no matter how delusional they may be? Or perhaps you could also make the argument that all politicians act for their own purposes and couldn't care less about their country? You be the judge of that one.

Kim Davis isn't a politician so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

QuoteI'm not going to defend Kim Davis on here because there really isn't very much to go off of that doesn't involve using religion. So I'll concede your point for now.

That's the whole thing, you can't use religion to defend Kim Davis because religion should not even be a factor in what she does.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

blueflower999

Quote from: FireArrow on September 26, 2015, 10:33:11 PMBy that logic I'd register as republican so I can try and make sure the least "redneck" candidate makes it to the end.
Sure, go ahead. No one's stopping you!

QuoteKim Davis isn't a politician so I don't know what point you're trying to make.
But she is. At least I'm pretty sure she is. She was elected to hold an office as a county clerk in Kentucky, doesn't that make her a politician?

QuoteThat's the whole thing, you can't use religion to defend Kim Davis because religion should not even be a factor in what she does.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Kim Davis isn't a member of Congress nor is Congress condoning her actions.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

ooh, political crap
#votejackolantern2016

I will now be taking questions, thank you.
unmotivated

Dude

Quote from: FireArrow on September 26, 2015, 10:33:11 PMBy that logic I'd register as republican so I can try and make sure the least "redneck" candidate makes it to the end.
i'm actually doing that lmao

KefkaticFanatic

Ah yes, the more reputable candidates, such as the woman who was an abysmal failure as a business executive that thinks we should reenter the most volatile and self-destructive phase of the Cold War with a new arms race and full-on military hostility towards our current adversaries.

me irl
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 24, 2015, 09:28:42 PMUck here we go again.
hand·out
noun
1. something given free to a needy person or organization.

wel·fare
noun
1. financial support given to people in need.
Same concept, though, of giving money to someone to help them out, which we do for the rich all the time- and they invest it in tax free havens and China, where the cost of labor is dirt cheap.

QuoteReagan closed down mental hospitals and sold weapons to Iran.
Yeah, I'm aware of this. Reagan himself was never directly linked with the affair, but I suppose like Harding and Teapot Dome a President gets blamed for what his subordinates do behind his back, huh?
And do tell, how much was it on the average taxpayer when we bailed out wall street, or when we give tax cuts to the Koch brothers? How much of that check are we picking up? Reagan also supported amnesty for illegal immigrants and a ban on assault weapons, BTW.
QuoteAs for labor unions and the environment, those are other debates entirely.
Honestly they're not really that controversial. The only "bad" things that I can think of from labor unions has been voting for political candidates and I'm not educated on that story so I can't speak for that one.
The environment? Simply put, if you disbelieve in climate change, you're wrong. End of story.
QuoteGovernment shouldn't bail anyone out. Ever. It's not their problem.
Then I suppose you'd be fervently against the bailing out of Wall Street, right?
Or wait, do you want to keep the supposed "top talent" even though they went bankrupt?
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

New rant:
Can someone explain to me why the self professed "Christian Fundamentalists" can't stand illegal immigrants or Syrian refugees?
In the Bible it says multiple times to treat the immigrant as your family, because they've probably gone through hell and back, and that you either were in their position once or will be in the future.
But now most of the GOP candidates (who are all christian) want to block out immigration, and yet in other policies are influenced by their religion.
what is shitpost

KefkaticFanatic

You're trying to find logic where none exists

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Because they only care about the bible when it benefits their ability to win the election.