News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

So many young people are leaving the norm of being a part of one of the big parties and remaining unaffiliated or choosing a third party.

One of the many reasons that I voted for Ron Johnson and the fact that I am no longer a Republican allows me to not adhere to a party's beliefs if not all of them are mine own.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: spitllama on February 01, 2014, 07:49:31 PMHonestly it seemed pretty tepid to me. There was no name-calling like in a lot of FB discussions. I actually really appreciated that. Granted Ruto and I were getting snippy with our tone, but conflicting opinions do that.

Oh no, it was really tame compared to most political debates on facebook. I just meant it's a touchy issue.

Opinions about abortion are like nipples. Everyone has them, but womens' are significantly more relevant. It's easy for men to say abortion is right or wrong when they don't have to deal with the consequences of it. So I'm not saying I agree or disagree with either side. I just try to stay out of arguments about the subject.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 08:49:18 PMOh no, it was really tame compared to most political debates on facebook. I just meant it's a touchy issue.

Opinions about abortion are like nipples. Everyone has them, but womens' are significantly more relevant.

Except if you're James.

And omg Slow cannot unread.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Ruto

Anyone realize this existed? More info here.

It seems like those angry trolls online are really the minority, most likely using multiple accounts...

FierceDeity

Are there any conservatives on here who can explain how suing the president isn't the most childish thing in existence? Because, like, I get it if you disagree with his policies and all, but what the actual fuck

spitllama

It's another check on separate powers, something progressives have hated since the Wilson Era (or at least, when it's against their own party). Bush, Clinton, and Reagan were all sued by members of Congress during their time in office. If anything, it's much less childish than threats of impeachment.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Yugi

So can I tell you how much our prime minister sucks?

FierceDeity

Quote from: spitllama on July 22, 2014, 02:12:09 PMIt's another check on separate powers, something progressives have hated since the Wilson Era (or at least, when it's against their own party). Bush, Clinton, and Reagan were all sued by members of Congress during their time in office. If anything, it's much less childish than threats of impeachment.

Yeah, but what does it actually accomplish? I won't defend members of my own party who've done it in the past, it still seems rather silly to me. If a president is actually breaking the law or willingly acting against the better interest of the country (not that I think any president has ever done the latter), wouldn't impeachment be the more reasonable venue to deal with it? Like, at least impeachment actually got Nixon to resign (albeit under an absurdly more clear-cut scenario). What has suing a president accomplished in the past?

Quote from: Yugi on July 22, 2014, 02:16:46 PMSo can I tell you how much our prime minister sucks?

Go right ahead

Roz~

Guys. You have motherfuckin' Barack Obama. We're stuck with Stephen Harper. We can trade any day
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Zunawe

Quote from: Roz~ on July 22, 2014, 02:57:04 PMMotherfuckin' Barack Obama.
I vote official title change from "President" to this.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

If that happened, I would actually be excited for the 2016 Motherfuckin' election

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Quote from: Yugi on July 22, 2014, 02:16:46 PMSo can I tell you how much our prime minister sucks?

I have a friend who's really vocal about Australian politics. She agrees. She thinks he's the most backwards guy ever and thinks he's the Australian equivalent of the (American) Tea Party. I feel bad for Aussies but at the same time, at least they've had some sane policies before.

Quote from: Roz~ on July 22, 2014, 02:57:04 PMGuys. You have motherfuckin' Barack Obama. We're stuck with Stephen Harper. We can trade any day

The Aussie friend also said this but used the PM's name instead of Stephen Harper.

Quote from: spitllama on July 22, 2014, 02:12:09 PMIt's another check on separate powers, something progressives have hated since the Wilson Era (or at least, when it's against their own party). Bush, Clinton, and Reagan were all sued by members of Congress during their time in office. If anything, it's much less childish than threats of impeachment.

You must have phrased that badly. After all, you don't actually think that things were better if nothing changed right? I think environmental protection and food safety is a good thing, for starters. And a safety net. Tactics could always be better, but in some cases, you really need to order things. There's no problem with that. What the problem is, is that there are people that know better but are purposely hindering progress or improvements. Also Bush declared a war (some people call him and Cheney war criminals, can you imagine?) and it's cost so much money and Iraq is not really much better off today, with the useless army and militants running things.

SuperFireKirby

10 fucking years in Iraq, 100,000 civilian casualties, god knows how much money and they're as close as ever to an all-out civil war as ever. 'Murica

Also Obama isn't all that bad for America(except for the whole "complete invasion of privacy" thing. And the whole "can use drone strikes on our own citizens" thing. And the whole "our health system wasn't really all that well planned despite the 3 years it took to pass the goddamn bill that we totally could have used to make sure it was functioning correctly"...thing)

But he seems to be doing an excellent job at pissing off Germany's prime minister.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Clanker37

Ugh... Fucking Tony...

But I like Julie Bishop. Particularly after how she handled the MH17 thing. A politician that actually did something for a change.

mikey

STOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS AND MAKE A STUPID JOKE
unmotivated