News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

For some reason I've been more into religion and Christianity at the moment. And mostly because I think that moral values are just perfect and very "natural/human", pretty much. And I think a lot of people have heard a lot about "what not to do" (at least me) all the sins and etc. But I took some time looking at the other side aka. "what to do" aka. virtues. And I find it interesting that there are first 7 heavenly virtues (as there are 7 deadly sins), which I've never heard about. And secondly how they feel more abstract in a way, when talking about wisdom, faith, holiness, courage, peace and etc. As I said, I've gotten the impression that religion (Christianity) is a lot about "rules" and "don't do this and that", but studying it more I find it to be more deep that I've thought and more "philosophical", which I like. I also found it funny how I find some similarities in the christian thought of good and evil and Star Wars the concept of the light and dark side of the force, they're not the same, but still a bit (I've been kind of soaked into Star Wars theories and stuff, which I why I find it interesting).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

It's amazing how people can form connections. For you, it's Star Wars and Christianity. For me, it's US Government theory and biology
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 28, 2017, 02:49:39 PMFor me, it's US Government theory and biology

That one seems like a cool one. Hard to understand how (the 3 government distribution?? and biology dk.). But sounds cool, keep it up! :)

I also think connection are good. Making connections where a requirement in school for getting the highest grade in history. So, y, guess it's useful and good to practice.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Nah, it's like genetic drift and small vs. large Republics (a specific example, but one nonetheless). According to the arguments of federalists, larger republics are better because with smaller ones, you have less people, and so you're less likely to find people fit and able to be good Congresspeoplez. (Paraphrasing Federalist Paper 10 with that statement) With genetic drift, specifically the Founder Effect, if you have a very small population, its genome has a larger probability of being unstable and riddled with bad genes when taken from a larger population (to put it into metaphorical terms, the colonists coming from Europe). I think that what I just typed made -5 sense, but that's okay, I'm tired and drained atm.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]