News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 09, 2015, 04:15:56 PMThe problem is that not all evolutionists are atheists and not all atheists are evolutionists.  :P

Eh, while it true that supporting evolutionary theory isn't included in the definition of atheism, if you don't belong to a faith there's a 99% chance you're an evolutionist. It's by far one of the most agreed upon and foundational theories of biology.

Though yeah, assuming someone is an atheist because they support evolution is wrong. I just did it for comical effect.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

Quote from: FireArrow on September 09, 2015, 03:15:51 PMyou silly atheist

Don't think it's that simple that matter+light+heat=new life. If that was the case then we would find new life everywhere. One thing that video doesn't mention is that for new life to happen there needs to be a specific environment suitable for the organism. But sometimes that might happen just like in the video, if you have certain groceries outside the fridge some might start to mold, which is life. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 09, 2015, 04:31:24 PMDon't think it's that simple that matter+light+heat=new life. If that was the case then we would find new life everywhere. One thing that video doesn't mention is that for new life to happen there needs to be a specific environment suitable for the organism. But sometimes that might happen just like in the video, if you have certain groceries outside the fridge some might start to mold, which is life.

"matter + heat + energy = new life" has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.

EDIT: After googling biogenisis a bit (what I'm assuming the video is mistakenly confusing with evolution?) one of the more solid theories is that electrical activity (lightning strikes) along with specific chemicals can result in amino acids and sugars (this is proven, as to whether or not it happened and life came from it is what's debated.)

SuperFireKirby

Yes, that is one of the more popular theories on life's origin. But there's a bunch of them and none are much more than pure speculation.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So can someone explain to me the religious connection to denying climate change?
what is shitpost

FireArrow

It has nothing to do with religious; a better question would be "Can someone explain to me the political connection to denying climate change." Religious people are just much more likely to be "anti-science" (why is that even considered a thing?) along with often conforming to conservative views.

Ruto

It's a difference of what they see as the role of humans.

If you're Pope Francis:
1) Humans are supposed to take care of creation.

If you're Ken Ham:
2) Everything in the world is given to humans to use so use it all and nothing can go wrong because Bible.

If you're Ken Ham, read about how people mine for metals/oil and you'll see why he's stupid as hell. Inorganic chemistry I and personal responsibility fall on deaf ears to this guy.

Did anyone notice wariopiano deleted his account or got banned? Is it the shame or what?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 09, 2015, 04:31:24 PMif you have certain groceries outside the fridge some might start to mold, which is life.
Careful, Pasteur disproved that a long time ago.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yellow

You should believe that your experiences and memories aren't as reliable as we make them out to be.
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

^I think scientists have proven false memories not only exist, but are pretty common. Kinda freaks me out.

Waddle Bro

"Should believe" is a phrase i'm not comfortable with because there is nothing someone should believe in

FireArrow

"You should believe that murder is bad."

Yellow

You should believe in yourself! I do!
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 12, 2015, 03:20:38 PM"Should believe" is a phrase i'm not comfortable with because there is nothing someone should believe in

...Should I believe in your philosophy on believing?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Waddle Bro

No in contrary, you should question me, like all beliefs. Beliefs are questionable. I'm not here to make you to think like me, I'm just trying to encourage you to think critically.