News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 10, 2015, 05:06:27 PMWell it's not Allah because the Quran is based off of the Bible. The Bible was written first and not changed.
Not a sect. God doesn't hate or like someone more than someone else regardless of what they did or what "sect" they're apart of. He loves all. He'll accept into anyone into Heaven as long as they accept the free gift of salvation and believe that Jesus is Lord. Simple as that. :P

And Ebola, sickness, pain, war, etc. is man's fault not God's.

And enough with the tv lol

This is really messed up and I'm sure you can't promote your own religion like that and not get into an argument. Here are some facts:

1) The Bible was not written first.
2) It has changed, one fact is based on how you're not reading it in Greek right now. I'm sure there was SOME editing in the past 1000 years (one example: some confusion about translating "tail" and "penis" up to the point where some people are confused which body part it's referring to).
3) Viruses/bacteria trying to survive and pass off their genes are not because of people. Pain and immune related stuff comes with the freakin' biology. War comes from people being greedy, intolerant and stupid (say, shouldn't that be an issue?)

Quote from: Dudeman on August 10, 2015, 06:21:29 PMIt's kind of a cultural instinct that humankind is governed patriarchally, which is an extension of God's male personification. And don't start throwing around feminist stuff at that because women are just as important as men; men are purposed to be the leaders of society, and women are purposed to be the protectors of society. And that's probably gonna start a whole other debate so I'd better back out now that I've said my piece.Um, could you be a bit more specific?qft even if we've still been a bit passive aggressive at points.

Sorry but there is no way you can actually back this up. Socially it doesn't make sense, many societies didn't end up treating women like cattle and even offered them some leadership in society (such as Native Americans). Men didn't always have the better bacon. Back in prehistoric times, only 1 man had a chance to reproduce for every 17 women. The lucky ones (lol) had to work their asses off to show off for this but this really screwed up genetic diversity. As we speak, the Y chromosome is degrading with every generation, and the genes will degrade to almost nothing in 5 million years that no male offspring can be born (still a theory, 5 million years is based on scientists' measurement of gene degradation, not saying there's no hope for you all). The leftover women will have to deal with the society's problems by themselves.

Point: Men are not biologically favored as much as you think, the leadership stuff is a product of changing societies when humans started growing crops.

Good luck asking someone to protect you after that.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Waddle Bro

Technically since god has to be a perfect being, god has to have an infinite amount of sexes and genders, including no sex or no gender at all

Maelstrom

I was trying to find a proper response .gif on my computer and found this. Now that I have been ninja'd, it feels even more appropriate.

edit: Ninja'd again

FireArrow

How can you abandon a thread you were never in?
Also waddle, I'm a proud NSM kiddo, I didn't understand a word of that >_>

Quote from: Dudeman on August 10, 2015, 07:07:48 PMThe definition of faith I prefer is "belief in what cannot be seen."

Except that is not a definition of faith.

Faith has both a secular and a religious meaning, the religious meaning cannot apply to atheism in any way. The secular definition is the one (I'm assuming) Olimar and co. are trying to tag onto atheism.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 10, 2015, 07:25:14 PMTechnically since god has to be a perfect being, god has to have an infinite amount of sexes and genders, including no sex or no gender at all

What I've thought of all along :P

Why would God need to have biological traits?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

Because...like were human so like...God needs to be human too. Preferably a man with a beard with a fondness for white robes.

But I'll settle for a chunky dude with a elephant head.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

sfk you make it sound like some guy sat in a room and made up religion
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Seeing as there have been thousands of religions throughout history, and they also happen to be a very good way of controlling people and getting them to give you money, that very well could've been the case  ::)
As for the whole "what gender is God" debate, think about this. Who wrote the bible? And who translated and interpreted it? For a long time, it was largely men. Hence why they would refer to God as a male; to keep the trend of suppressing women going.
I'm not a super crazy feminist, but this seemed pretty obvious to me.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Or the fact that it's said he made man in his own image, before woman. aaaaAAAND I'm back!

Lol jk just thought I'd chime in once more.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Again, what it says. Which very likely could've been tampered with to help the cause of the white man, but that's all speculation.
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Quote from: Ruto on August 10, 2015, 07:21:27 PM1) The Bible was not written first.
I mean as the first book used for religions. Not as any book ever.

Quote from: Ruto on August 10, 2015, 07:21:27 PM2) It has changed, one fact is based on how you're not reading it in Greek right now. I'm sure there was SOME editing in the past 1000 years (one example: some confusion about translating "tail" and "penis" up to the point where some people are confused which body part it's referring to).
That's called a translation. The King James Version was translated from the Greek as accurately as possible. I'm not saying this version is perfect which it's not because Greek is a very different language than English

Quote from: Ruto on August 10, 2015, 07:21:27 PM3) Viruses/bacteria trying to survive and pass off their genes are not because of people. Pain and immune related stuff comes with the freakin' biology. War comes from people being greedy, intolerant and stupid (say, shouldn't that be an issue?)
Originally, it was because of people. There was no disease etc. before the Fall.

Quote from: Ruto on August 10, 2015, 07:21:27 PMPoint: Men are not biologically favored as much as you think, the leadership stuff is a product of changing societies when humans started growing crops.
I said what I think, not what the World thinks.

Dudeman

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 10, 2015, 08:09:40 PMAgain, what it says. Which very likely could've been tampered with to help the cause of the white man, but that's all speculation.
So...you're saying the ancient documents on record written in Hebrew that say the exact thing have been tampered with to help the cause of white man. Fascinating.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Quote from: Dudeman on August 10, 2015, 08:25:30 PMSo...you're saying the ancient documents on record written in Hebrew that say the exact thing have been tampered with to help the cause of white man. Fascinating.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It's not the first religious text either, lol. Far from it.
For one, Judaism's text, the Torah, faaar predates the Bible, and the Bible copys the Torah for basically the entire old testament.
There's a sh*t ton of texts that predate the Bible. Look up the Epic of Gilgamesh.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Dudeman on August 10, 2015, 08:25:30 PMSo...you're saying the ancient documents on record written in Hebrew that say the exact thing have been tampered with to help the cause of white man. Fascinating.
I was speculating, lol. Just a thought, seeing as it's happened with plenty of other important documents throughout history, as recent as the Constitution with the Civil War.
what is shitpost