News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 10, 2015, 05:25:02 PMpretty sure that's just a Catholic scare tactic
I agree.....but Catholicism is a whole other topic XD

SlowPokemon

This is really unrelated but why does God have to be a man.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

mikey

I've been told that there's also a mother in heaven
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I mean obviously I don't believe in God so it doesn't really matter to me, and I'm aware because of my religious education prior to rejecting Christianity that god isn't supposed to be any gender. So why does the Bible refer to god as "he" throughout

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 10, 2015, 05:52:25 PMI mean obviously I don't believe in God so it doesn't really matter to me, and I'm aware because of my religious education prior to rejecting Christianity that god isn't supposed to be any gender. So why does the Bible refer to god as "he" throughout
Why does the bible always refer to man(/woman)kind as "man?"

mikey

Idk I'm pretty sureGod is male, I've never heard of him being genderless, that just seems weird
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Doesn't it seem weirder that your God only represents one gender tho

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 10, 2015, 05:59:26 PMDoesn't it seem weirder that your God only represents one gender tho
What's wrong with that?

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I'm feeling like I should back out of this conversation tbh I just wanted to change the subject but it didn't do any good xD

Sebastian

haha
We don't need to change the subject haha. I'm actually really happy how this discussion has been going. No one is mad, there's no fighting or flaming, and no mods have locked it up :P

Dudeman

It's kind of a cultural instinct that humankind is governed patriarchally, which is an extension of God's male personification. And don't start throwing around feminist stuff at that because women are just as important as men; men are purposed to be the leaders of society, and women are purposed to be the protectors of society. And that's probably gonna start a whole other debate so I'd better back out now that I've said my piece.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 10, 2015, 05:51:51 PMI've been told that there's also a mother in heaven
Um, could you be a bit more specific?
Quote from: mariolegofan on August 10, 2015, 06:18:00 PMhaha
We don't need to change the subject haha. I'm actually really happy how this discussion has been going. No one is mad, there's no fighting or flaming, and no mods have locked it up :P
qft even if we've still been a bit passive aggressive at points.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on August 10, 2015, 06:21:29 PMmen are purposed to be the leaders of society, and women are purposed to be the protectors of society.

holy shit stop stop stop what the fuck

Dudeman

yep this was what i was worried would happen
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book