News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

Sebastian

WHAT? TV IS EVIL!! 

;)

Olimar12345

Well if we're going to TV up this thread, might as well go religion up this thread.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 10, 2015, 05:06:27 PMWell it's not Allah because the Quran is based off of the Bible. The Bible was written first and not changed.
Not a sect. God doesn't hate or like someone more than someone else regardless of what they did or what "sect" they're apart of. He loves all. He'll accept into anyone into Heaven as long as they accept the free gift of salvation and believe that Jesus is Lord. Simple as that. :P

And Ebola, sickness, pain, war, etc. is man's fault not God's.
The Qu'ran and the Bible share many similarities, that's true. But there are many fundamental differences between Islam and Christianity- my point was, it could just as well be Islam for all we know.
God says, in the Bible, that if you don't believe in him, along with many other petty crimes, you're sent off to eternal fire and damnation. Not really unconditional love.
Ebola, sickness, pain and the like are set onto the rest of the world for generations to come because of one person's screwup? Seems pretty stupid to me.
QuoteAnd enough with the tv lol
THANK YOU
Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 10, 2015, 05:02:38 PMSo you're saying that it's impossible to have a possible claim that God didn't exist? What if your beliefs are that the truth lies in a world without a devine being? Why can't that be a positive claim? It's as if you're centered around believing there is a God d:
It's impossible to verify the positive claim that there is a God.
You don't seem to understand what a positive claim means. A positive claim is simply "X is true/not true in relationship to the default perspective". The positive claim you suggested, that a world without a divine being is where the truth lies, could be a positive claim, but like any other, you would need to present the evidence for your claim.

QuoteHow is staring at a TV not watching a TV? This, like many other things you continue to argue, makes no sense.
Fuck, this TV analogy is really annoying XD
The original analogy is that "off" is not a TV channel.
Quote from: Dude on August 10, 2015, 04:59:54 PMyes you are (watching TV), you just aren't watching any channels.
Again. Off isn't a channel, just like atheism isn't a religion.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Also, to clear up the TV analogy.
The ORIGINAL analogy was that off isn't a TV channel. And as Dude so kindly admitted,
Quote from: Dude on August 10, 2015, 04:59:54 PMyes you are (watching TV), you just aren't watching any channels.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Eh I think I'll waste my time doing something else. This topic is getting nowhere slowly.

mikey

if you want to say that then it's technically also impossible to prove a scientific law
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Do explain?
But even if we can't 100% prove a scientific law, the evidence we have would bring us to about 80-90%, whereas religion sits at a solid 0%
what is shitpost

Altissimo

[snip]

Sebastian

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 10, 2015, 05:13:47 PMThe Qu'ran and the Bible share many similarities, that's true. But there are many fundamental differences between Islam and Christianity- my point was, it could just as well be Islam for all we know.
As I said before on tinychat, I did a study on it but unfortunately I didn't take notes. Maybe someday you can talk with my Dad (A genius) about it.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 10, 2015, 05:13:47 PMGod says, in the Bible, that if you don't believe in him, along with many other petty crimes, you're sent off to eternal fire and damnation. Not really unconditional love.
Actually, it's says if you don't believe in him. It doesn't have anything to do with your crimes.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 10, 2015, 05:13:47 PMEbola, sickness, pain and the like are set onto the rest of the world for generations to come because of one person's screwup? Seems pretty stupid to me.
Well, the curse came because of Adam and Eve. It was the Flood that truly ruined the Earth. Also before the Flood, life was much much easier. Again, It was the Flood that ruined the Earth not the Fall.....I know what you're gonna say next XD

Dude

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 10, 2015, 05:15:31 PMAlso, to clear up the TV analogy.
The ORIGINAL analogy was that off isn't a TV channel. And as Dude so kindly admitted,
we never said it wasn't tho... Your analogy sucks anyway.

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 10, 2015, 05:19:38 PMDo explain?
But even if we can't 100% prove a scientific law, the evidence we have would bring us to about 80-90%, whereas religion sits at a solid 0%
that's what YOU think

hey olimar wanna play sm4sh

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 10, 2015, 05:24:02 PMActually, it's says if you don't believe in him. It doesn't have anything to do with your crimes.
pretty sure that's just a Catholic scare tactic

Dude let's play smash
unmotivated

Dude

Head hurts too much sry maybe l8r