News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 10, 2015, 03:57:29 PM^You enter the void and become non-existence wind Kassadin
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 10, 2015, 03:31:21 PMTruly committing to atheism takes just as much faith as Christianity and therefore I count it as a religion.
Committing to having no faith takes just as much faith as a faith based system of thinking, right.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Not sure if you are agreeing with Blue, or if you worded that incorrectly...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I was sarcastically agreeing with him.
what is shitpost

mikey

part of the problem with that statement is that it used the word faith 3 times
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Your supposed sarcasm was weak though : /
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I agree with PDS on a lot of points but there are much nicer and less offensive ways to say what he wants to.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ZeldaFan

I have a question for PDS ~ what would you do if you died and there actually was a god and a heaven/afterlife?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

he'd remember this conversation and feel foolish xD
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 10, 2015, 04:30:49 PMhe'd remember this conversation and feel foolish xD
Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 10, 2015, 04:29:54 PMI have a question for PDS ~ what would you do if you died and there actually was a god and a heaven/afterlife?
I should've added some more wit to it, you're right, but I had to get off the computer XD
Allow me to reword it: Atheism takes no faith. The whole point of atheism is a lack of faith, so to say that it takes as much faith as an actual religion is illogical.
Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 10, 2015, 04:29:54 PMI have a question for PDS ~ what would you do if you died and there actually was a god and a heaven/afterlife?
I would first ask, "Which god are you?", followed by "Why did you play a game of hide and seek with us", followed with "So, ebola, huh? And pediatric cancer? And Tay-Sachs? You created all those. What kind of sick person creates a world for his children that has such sickness?"
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 10, 2015, 04:30:49 PMhe'd remember this conversation and feel foolish xD
Hardly- if there is a God, I'd hope that A) He recognizes that I'm a mostly good person, and B) appreciates a search for the truth rather than believing simply "just in case" or because I happened to be born into the one religion out of thousands and out of one point in history that just happened to be correct.
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

Forget it I don't want to align with PDS at all in this...you're saying some pretty horrible things
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 10, 2015, 04:33:29 PMForget it I don't want to align with PDS at all in this...you're saying some pretty horrible things
Which things do you object to?
Frankly, I'm actually not as bad as many.. look at Hitchens XD And Dawkins, and Kyle Kulinski (though he's more of a political commentator than anything else)
The things I'm saying would be nothing compared to the tyrannic figure that God seems to be  :P
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

PDS: What Blue meant though was that it takes just as much faith to not have a faith than it would to have a specific belief. (Just narrowly avoided using the word "faith" three times xD )

And being religious is not about being a "good person."

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 10, 2015, 04:35:25 PMPDS: What Blue meant though was that it takes just as much faith to not have a faith than it would to have a specific belief. (Just narrowly avoided using the word "faith" three times xD )
Except it doesn't, lol.
It takes just as much ___ to have none of that object than it does to have a lot of it.
Substitute this with, say, medicine. It takes just as much medicine to have no medicine than it does to have all the standard vaccines children are mandated by schools to have.
what is shitpost