NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Way to practice what you preach, Jub.

I'm Roman Catholic.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Now now, jub. You're the only one who currently has a problem with this topic.

Edit: Ninja'd by Maestro!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

My roommate is Catholic. I've learned a lot about mass and rituals etc. Don't necessarily agree with all of it but it's pretty fascinating.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: Mashi on September 05, 2012, 08:09:30 PMi think theism and atheism are both frivolous.  i transcend both science and religion with my own manifesto unknown to you simple humans.

^hahah so much win. Should post that HERE.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Jub3r7

Wait do you guys think I'm being serious about this

e: (this is why we can't have good things)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 05, 2012, 08:15:57 PMWait do you guys think I'm being serious about this

e: (this is why we can't have good things)

I didn't think so :D Still a powder keg topic though. Which is why I'm going to waste a post and not say anything more.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Mashi on September 05, 2012, 08:09:30 PMi think theism and atheism are both frivolous.  i transcend both science and religion with my own manifesto unknown to you simple humans.
I am now Mashi-ist.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Kman96

I am Presbyterian. or at least, I'm raised presbyterian. I really don't understand the difference, though.

although, my church might be separating from the PCUSA, which is the national Presbyterian group due to disagreements to do with the presbyterian teachings...so I might be changing religions...? I don't know, its weird.
Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

Jamaha

Officially I belong to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland, like about 80% of the Finns. Though it's mostly just by tradition and doesn't really affect my life right now (apart from the 1% tax). The last time I went to church was...probably in the military, so year and a half ago? The next time I'll go is probably in a year, when my friend gets married.

The biggest difference belonging to a church has had on me after the confirmation (at age 15) was in the military. Those who belong to the church swear an oath before the almighty and all-knowing god and those who don't give an affirmation by their honor and conscience. Also chaplain's lectures and services in the field.

Then later in life there's (possibly) marriage. Only those who belong to the church can get married in one. It's mostly a nice tradition. Funerals are also somewhat easier and cheaper to organize if the deceased belonged to the church, but let's hope I don't need to worry about that anytime soon.

DrP

I was raised Catholic initally, parents got le divorce, mom raised me Protestant (note Saddleback Church) and then I went to Catholic High School, got "taught" Catholic beliefs and practice them with my dad's side of the family whenever... so I am a mix of both.

I'm not super religious, but I still have my core beliefs. I don't go to Church and I really don't read the Bible as much as I used to, but I still pray a lot and try to live my life like so.

I personally don't really care about the other religions out there affecting me personally, however everyone is entitled to their own personal beliefs, so I won't judge/belittle/etc...

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm Christian and proud of it, just like Olimar.

@ Nebbles- what's the difference between Judaism and Christianity?

KefkaticFanatic

Is that a serious question

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

....yeah, really, they are two separate religions, so... that's your difference right there.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 06, 2012, 01:57:47 PMIs that a serious question
What I was thinking.

Anyway, I am
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 06, 2012, 01:55:14 PMChristian and proud of it
As well.

Quote from: Nebbles on September 06, 2012, 01:59:02 PM....yeah, really, they are two separate religions, so... that's your difference right there.

But Christianity sort of came out of Judism. In video game terminology, an "expansion pack", if you will. One continues the other.
Bulbear! Blueflower999