News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 19, 2013, 08:39:49 PMHow to tell you probably dont believe your own religion: When people say "shes in a better place" it just makes you angry
I believe it would be called "grief."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 19, 2013, 08:39:49 PMHow to tell you probably dont believe your own religion: When people say "shes in a better place" it just makes you angry
Well when we die, our bodies return to the Earth as petty payment for everything it had given us in life. We give ourselves back to this world and we become one with the planet again. It is the greatest state of being a creature can experience. It may not be as conveniently materialistic as the Christian Heaven, which is what "a better place" usually refers to, but that's my personal view on things.

Also, LMGTFY is what you use to be a sarcastic asshole, BDS. A sarcastic asshole is something you don't want to be to an emotionally distressed person. Seriously, quit being a dick.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

My view on religion:
Some people think theres a god, some people don't. I've realized recently why some people do, since its difficult to go through life thinking that theres nothing but this life and its nice to believe in something nice. Honestly, as long as you respect other people and everything that deserves respect, it doesn't matter if you constantly pray to some omnipotent being. They know how much you love and value life, and thats enough for you to be considered "holy" or whatever else people do religion for

and ehh idk if I'm "emotionally distressed"...yet. I'm just kinda waiting for it to hit me, since I don't think it has yet

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 19, 2013, 09:04:10 PMAlso, LMGTFY is what you use to be a sarcastic asshole, BDS. A sarcastic asshole is something you don't want to be to an emotionally distressed person. Seriously, quit being a dick.
I can assure you that was not what my purpose was. I was obviously not using- or, for that matter, trying to use- it for sarcastic purposes (e.g. A sarcastic purpose being: posting a link to the definition of "obviously"). I merely did not feel that it was right (as in, at least to me, it seemed more condescending in such a context) to post the definition itself in my post, like I sometimes do.

If it really bothers you, though, I'll just remove the link.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just think you're being kind of a dick.

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 19, 2013, 09:12:15 PMMy view on religion:
Some people think theres a god, some people don't. I've realized recently why some people do, since its difficult to go through life thinking that theres nothing but this life and its nice to believe in something nice. Honestly, as long as you respect other people and everything that deserves respect, it doesn't matter if you constantly pray to some omnipotent being. They know how much you love and value life, and thats enough for you to be considered "holy" or whatever else people do religion for

and ehh idk if I'm "emotionally distressed"...yet. I'm just kinda waiting for it to hit me, since I don't think it has yet
Maybe it won't "hit you". Or it might take way longer than you might imagine. I've had both cases happen to me when people close to me have died. But, "the "a better place" thing is just to reassure people who are grieving, more than anything. When someone tells you that, they're basically just say, "Don't worry, everything's going to be alright."

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Kman96

It's like when adults tell you that everything's going to be fine because they don't want you to worry, but deep down inside you really know that they're secretly lying to you and that nothing is going according to plan anyways.

Yeah. Everything's going to be fine.
Party Hard!
[close]

EFitTrainr

"You know when adults tell you everything's going to be fine,and you think they're probably lying just to make you feel better?"

"Yes..."

"Everything's going to be fine..."

- Doctor Who
I like food.

Ricky

Practicing catholic christian. Proud to be and I wish more people would be religious.

SlowPokemon

It's our business. Technically I was confirmed catholic Christian but I disagree with a lot of things that go along with it.

Biggest reason I don't go to church: most everyone there is a phony, acting like a good Christian person and then going home and judging someone for their clothes or their job or their sexuality. At the end of the day, a good many people going to church are just there for show, and don't practice the most important part of being a Christian--being a great person who accepts everyone--which strikes me as incredibly hypocritical.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ricky

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 20, 2013, 07:14:21 AMIt's our business. Technically I was confirmed catholic Christian but I disagree with a lot of things that go along with it.

Biggest reason I don't go to church: most everyone there is a phony, acting like a good Christian person and then going home and judging someone for their clothes or their job or their sexuality. At the end of the day, a good many people going to church are just there for show, and don't practice the most important part of being a Christian--being a great person who accepts everyone--which strikes me as incredibly hypocritical.
Yeah, well, that depends. None is perfect, we are all sinners, there's a reason we have confessions. You shouldn't limit your beliefs because other people aren't doing it well. People today are very busy and it's often easy to forget about God in your everyday life. But that's not really an excuse to act in a non-Christian way when you're a Christian (as in the examples you've mentioned).

SlowPokemon

I have my own religion and I'm okay with that.

TheZeldaPianist275

That's annoying.  Like Slow said, some people just say those things for show, to make themselves sound religious.  I feel for ya.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 20, 2013, 07:14:21 AMIt's our business. Technically I was confirmed catholic Christian but I disagree with a lot of things that go along with it.

I see where you're coming from.  It is kind of absurd how many people are hypocrites, but they'll always be there.  And I don't think Christians should just accept people blindly.  As in, some people just say 'well it's their choice' and just let it lie.  There's an art to accepting someone without necessarily agreeing with them.

SlowPokemon

Precisely. Going to church is a personal thing that you have to decide for yourself.

K-NiGhT

And really, being religious doesn't mean going to church like every day of your life. I hate people that think just because you go to church makes you so righteous and if you miss a service you're going to hell and blah blah blah
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness