News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Started by Shadoninja, August 11, 2012, 12:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I'd like double bar lines. I'd really like that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zunawe

Huh. Okay, so I was fiddling with one of FluteNinja's arrangements and I figured out that I could do whatever I wanted with it. It seems that all you need to do is load up a full version document. I'm still toying with it, but so far all articulations and dynamics are available (including the things in the dynamics section). It's also saveable.

What doesn't seem to work is anything without a button. For example, Notepad has no option for double bar lines, so you can't place them. There's no button for a key or time change, so you can't do that. Otherwise things seem to be functioning fine.

Repeats are still decorative, btw.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Shadoninja

Quote from: Zunawe on August 20, 2012, 03:30:11 PMHuh. Okay, so I was fiddling with one of FluteNinja's arrangements and I figured out that I could do whatever I wanted with it. It seems that all you need to do is load up a full version document. I'm still toying with it, but so far all articulations and dynamics are available (including the things in the dynamics section). It's also saveable.

What doesn't seem to work is anything without a button. For example, Notepad has no option for double bar lines, so you can't place them. There's no button for a key or time change, so you can't do that. Otherwise things seem to be functioning fine.

Repeats are still decorative, btw.
Repeats should work. I was testing that last night.

It might be possible to copy and paste double bar lines; I have yet to try that. If not, I could add a shape expression.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zunawe

I meant that when I insert my own repeat it still doesn't function, but when I insert my own accel. it functions properly. Copying a repeat should work fine.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

JDMEK5

More clefs than just treble and bass. For example, an alto clef, or a tenor clef, or octava clefs... Those are quite useful.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on August 19, 2012, 10:10:08 PMAlso, as I learned before, it would be nice to have one with some grace notes in it. I copied and pasted them from a song on the site, but it took away a whole measure when I pasted them into my sheet.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Templates/Grace%20Note%20Workaround%20for%20Notepad%20Users.mus

Could I get your feedback on this?

Bespinben

That. Is. Awesome.

Like really, I can't begin to fathom how helpful that's going to be for Notepad users. Thanks Shado!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zunawe

I program things

JDMEK5

It works beautifully... Quite flawless, except for two small features..

1) What if the grace note had to have an accidental on it? (For example, a sharp or flat)
2) If the note the accidental was associated with was a dotted/double dotted note?

Those are just two ways to make it better than it already is... It's amazingly pro already though.. Thanks a ton! ;)

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 05, 2012, 10:19:07 AMIt works beautifully... Quite flawless, except for two small features..

1) What if the grace note had to have an accidental on it? (For example, a sharp or flat)
2) If the note the accidental was associated with was a dotted/double dotted note?

Those are just two ways to make it better than it already is... It's amazingly pro already though.. Thanks a ton! ;)
2) choose a shorter duration, highlight, press "."

JDMEK5

Right. Gotcha. Again, thanks a ton! This is indefinitely valuable to notepad users everywhere! This should be under "NSM Resources".

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 05, 2012, 01:15:08 PMRight. Gotcha. Again, thanks a ton! This is indefinitely valuable to notepad users everywhere! This should be under "NSM Resources".
It will eventually. I'll also ask for the templates to be added to the what your sheet should look like thread.

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 05, 2012, 10:19:07 AMIt works beautifully... Quite flawless, except for two small features..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Templates/Grace%20Note%20Workaround%20for%20Notepad%20Users.mus
I've added instructions for both of these, as well as a graphic of what a highlighted note should look like.

JDMEK5

Sounds good!

Do you think it would be necessary to have a measure in the work space in 3/8 time?
(Okay, it's not common, but it does exist... and is more commonly used than even 5/4)

My Arrangements