E3 2012 Topic

Started by blueflower999, June 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How was E3 this year?

I loved it!
0 (0%)
It was pretty good. There were a few games that caught my eye.
10 (47.6%)
Meh. They could've done better.
10 (47.6%)
Not good at all. I'm not buying a Wii U.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 15, 2012, 07:48:05 PMI see great potential for the Wii U, it's up to the developers to waste it.

That's, quite unfortunately, true.
The motion controls of the Wii were wasted on terrible third-party games that used motion controls in the most gimmicky ways imaginable. I don't think that they took the Wii very seriously; after all, the console's main form of control is motion (and we've seen what has happened with Kinect and even PS Move).
Hopefully, the potential of the Wii U isn't as 'exploitable' for the third-party developers.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Well the Wii U is basically a glorified Wii, so I don't see that getting much better.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 16, 2012, 12:47:20 PMWell the Wii U is basically a glorified Wii, so I don't see that getting much better.

It depends on how Nintendo approaches it... don't encourage games like that, instead, maybe make room for some good indie games? For example, have you seen that experimental game where you can shrink stuff and make it grow again, then make it larger, etc.?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Sounds like Alice in Wonderland, but no I haven't.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 16, 2012, 02:23:30 PMFor example, have you seen that experimental game where you can shrink stuff and make it grow again, then make it larger, etc.?
Does said game involve drinking potions and eating cake?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

I doubt that the Wii U will make "hardcore" gamers (seriously, I don't see the hardcore) that uses the 360 and PS3 to buy the console, instead it's the other way around. The players that enjoy Nintendo firstparty games and more casual games might not want to buy the PS4/720 just to get those games that the Wii didn't have.
I got a Wii for Nintendo-games and a 360 for HD-games (racing and sports, the PC is for FPS and other actiongames), but now that the Wii U supports HD, those games I want might show up on the Wii U in the same quality and might even be better due to the gamepad (I seriously love the extra screen on the DS/3DS, OoT got so much better with it)

To sum it up: Current generation, you need a Wii and an HD-console. Next generation, you only need a Wii U if they get the third-party support they want.
Plus the free-to-play games the Wii U supports

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 16, 2012, 07:06:01 PMSounds like Alice in Wonderland, but no I haven't.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/13/scale-developer-walkthrough-e3-2012

It looks quite interesting, although it's still in development.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fabbemannen

btw, did anyone download the 3D trailers for LM2, PM:SS and NSMB2?
Luigi's Mansion's 3D was really impressive actually

SuperFireKirby

If Slow hasn't seen this yet, he's about to go spend all his money on a PS3: 

http://kotaku.com/5915347/check-out-this-gorgeous-new-ni-no-kuni-trailer

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 19, 2012, 04:57:10 AMIf Slow hasn't seen this yet, he's about to go spend all his money on a PS3: 

http://kotaku.com/5915347/check-out-this-gorgeous-new-ni-no-kuni-trailer

I don't even want to be tormented XD and I'm already mad they aren't localizing the Nintendo DS version.... I have the soundtrack on my iPod though (courtesy of Hisaishi of course)

SuperFireKirby

Hell, I might buy one now. It's combining my two favorite things to come from Japan. Studio Ghibli and FREAKING LEVEL-5.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fabbemannen on June 19, 2012, 04:18:32 AMbtw, did anyone download the 3D trailers for LM2, PM:SS and NSMB2?
Luigi's Mansion's 3D was really impressive actually

Uh, yeah, my older brother and I downloaded all the trailers on our 3DS. The only problem with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is that the trailer looks a bit buggy- hopefully something they'll fix in the actual game.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 19, 2012, 06:57:47 AMHell, I might buy one now. It's combining my two favorite things to come from Japan. Studio Ghibli and FREAKING LEVEL-5.

I've been considering buying one when I saw that Ni no Kuni was gonna be released on the PS3. I need more money TT_TT
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.