Jompa's Compositions/Non-Video Game Related Arrangements/Performances

Started by Jompa, July 24, 2012, 03:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Interesting second strain you have there. You are very kind to your trombones! (Thank you! xD). Nice job overall. Though, as weird as this may sound, I think this would better suit a concert band, rather than a marching band. But that's just my opinion. Here are a few comments I have:

-That trombone solo(then soli) in the first strain seems to hang on and around that Eb for a while.
-Only one horn part? Its common for even marching bands to split that into two-just a suggestion. ^^
-I would specify the transposition for your clarinets, horn, and trumpets on page 1.
-I'd remove "solo" from tbn, and change "Bass Trombone/Tuba" to "Basses". (You actually do this for the rest of the piece d:)
-Might I suggest switching some of those trumpets over to cornet? You seem to have plenty
-For the muted section, be sure to specify which kind of mute. Also, "open" is another way to indicate no mute. It is more commonly seen.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

Yes, thank you! Everything you say makes a lot of sense, and I'll do a second version at some point! Thanks!:)
Birdo for Smash