News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Sirus' Arrangements (UPDATED: 6/20/08)- closed for construction

Started by Sirus, April 27, 2008, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirus

Submission:
[Arcade/PS2/XBox] Pump it up-Beethoven's Virus
MUS
MID

QUEUE:
[PS2] Dark Cloud 2- Starlight Valley
MUS

ACCEPTED
[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl- Zelda: Dark World - Accepted :)
MUS
MID

EDIT: note that on starlight valley its in C Minor (3 flats) but i dint put it in so if one of you guys can change it without modifying the notes up and down (like in printmusic or higher), can you change it and pm it to me so i can make final touches?

Gu4n

You know you forgot the keysignature? =o

Sirus

EDIT: Dark World's key sig has been changed and fixed

PseudoMario16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

NasiDe

The Brawl Darkworld was very well done. *Claps.* I'll add it to my binders of over 200 sheets of sheet music.

Sirus

thanks guys!
hmm...
i need to fix the key sig for Starlight Canyon but im too lazy to fix it-_-

Nintendude73

Sirus

what do you guys think about Beethovens Virus?
its a guitar song so it might kind of sound off on some parts

pumpy_heart

Key Sig changes some in the Virus a couple of times. The solo changes to G and D once or twice and the last end part is in A flat from what I can tell.
Also, some of the measures from 39-43, 45 are unplayable simply because you have notes being played on both staffs at the same time. Although I love the way it sounds on finale, its just not playable.
Also, although alot of arrangers do this, I dont feel the octave split is necessary. Like, at the beginning, I can accent the notes on the treble clef hard enough to make it sound like a split octave, if needed. It doesn't look appealing to the eyes to see octave splits either.
I believe the bass line chords can be changed into another treble clef. It would make it easy for me to read at least.
But, here is the good news, it sounds exactly perfect. I wouldn't add or change any parts except maybe add a line under the solo. I know in the original version, there is like a viola playing the same note over and over again. Maybe add that.

Yea... I need to start looking at other people's sheets again. This was fun.

KefkaticFanatic

No idea what Beethoven's Virus is supposed to sound like in that game, but I DO know that its basically an easy remix of Beethoven's Pathétique sonata :P

me irl
[close]

Lildigipoke2

nice song choice of beethoven's virus, but the GBD chord in measure 7, 15, etc. doesn't sound right there.

everything else is great!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Sirus

thanks guys for the criticism and the compliments  *thumbs up*

Pumpy_heart:so how do you want me change the unplayable parts? and do you want me to keep the higher octave of lower octave?

Lildigipoke2: hmm... im not so sure but ill look into that but thanks anyways!

Gamer4250:no duh its easy, have you seen the original sonata?  :P

pumpy_heart

The unplayable parts, I would just drop the notes of the chord being played. IE When a C is being played on the treble part as the melody, I would drop the C in the bass clef.
And about the octaves, Its up to you. Personally, I would prolly keep the high octave for a while until the solo. Then prolly switch back to high afterwards.

Sirus

k
but on the unplayable parts im thinking about just dropping the notes down an octave

pumpy_heart

You could do that as well. But if I remember correctly, the chords weren't too long (maybe quarter/half notes. Not worth the drop). But if they were whole notes, then yea. Drop the unplayable notes down an octave.