News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

(Updated 5/10) Random Goldfish's Video Game Orchestrations

Started by random_goldfish, April 26, 2008, 11:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirus

That would be cool  :D :D
we'll have to contact brian though -_-
BTW
i love the order of hierarchy

Brawler4Ever

To do this, the orchestrators will need to meet regularly to compare their parts, to see if the parts work together... That could be difficult.

P.S. I'm a lower class peasant I mean arranger.
:D
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

random_goldfish

Well...I will be good at overseeing the project for any detail...note wise and technique...I'm a string (violin and viola) and a wind player (flute and sax) so I know the mechanics of most intruments (Brass being my dumb dumb area...but still can handle it)...I know the practical playing range of every instrument and finger pattens (if we're going for reality on this). This should be very playable so it won't be just for out listening pleasure.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

MetroidHunter26

So when do we all begin ;D I think we should do some compolation of video games of mabey METROID :P and of course Legend of Zelda and Mario. mabey add Star Fox and Kirby aw heck all of Nintendo's mascots :P XD! This will be cool! and may I suggest making it a concert band arrangment (I'm happy to say it's for my band XD LOL J/K i'm not that bad) but lets do something!

random_goldfish

I'd really prefer full score though...and (I know...gasp) I'm not really familiar with Metroid music. Zelda is a must and I was actually about to do a large project with Zelda.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Sirus

hmmm...
Legend of Zelda is a must
Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl- meh... Brawl we should wait on
Mario- heck so many songs in this series are fun to play!
Star fox is a good one too

theres always the possiblilty of one major orchestration
like Star Wolf, Hyrule Temple, Ike's Theme (which i cant do as of right now XD), lenghty songs of such

MetroidHunter26

But seriously Metroid ;) LOL just kidding I think Zelda(Hyrule field or something better) and Star Fox(Main THEME A MUST!) are great choices to start

random_goldfish

I was going to arrange the Hyrule field from Ocarina of time (Dawn theme included) since that song is already so long...so it would be a full piece and not just a theme that repeats itself mindlessly.

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 28, 2008, 04:40:54 PMI was going to arrange the Hyrule field from Ocarina of time (Dawn theme included) since that song is already so long...so it would be a full piece and not just a theme that repeats itself mindlessly.
I would so use it JUST to annoy all the people who don't pay attention in band :P but coolio! I had prior arrangmets of Metroid but...I deleted them T______T

random_goldfish

Do you have the annoying people in band who talk while their section is resting in the song? Ah, so annoying. (Trying not to get off topic...but I had to ask it?

MetroidHunter26

Yes and sadly I am one of those people >___> but were not as bad as the saxes and clarinets and especialy these two guys (1 plays tenor and the other Ocasionally plays oboe,barri, or Clarinet) but they bug the crap out of my teacher. >_____> luckily 1 will be gone next year.

random_goldfish

Yeah...in my class it's the trumpet section...all 15 of them.
Okay...back on track...we need to round up our team...I think we have some people lined up, right?

vgmfreak

Just PM'ed brian at vgsheets. He said he's very busy, but he'll be able to help out when he's on break, which is in May some time. Can you guys like wait until May? I'm sorry, you guys are probably anxious :D

random_goldfish