News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Olimar12345's Arrangements! (890 Total) 10 New Sheets (Pikmin!)

Started by Olimar12345, June 27, 2012, 12:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Mostly been renovating old Cave Story sheets today, but I did get this one done. I'm not sure how many of the beta tracks I'll do, but I'd like to see the big ones like Pier Walk and People of the Root get done.

Until recently, this track was unknown. Now it seems to have been confirmed as an early version of the predecessor to Last Battle.

[PC] - Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari)
-Last Battle (Beta) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Double post: I upgraded my previous arrangement of "Get Heart Tank!" into a single sheet with all three fanfares:

-Got Item! / Get Heart Tank! / Victory! [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Another quick one before only having long ones left:

-Zombie [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Olimar12345

New:

-Oppression (Beta) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

This track was also known as "Iron Head" after the boss of the same name.

Olimar12345

New:

-Pier Walk (Beta) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Five remain.

Olimar12345

New:

-People of the Root (Beta) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF]
[NEW]

Olimar12345

Okay, enough beta music for now. Time to finish the OFFICIAL ost.

-Run! [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Three remain.

Olimar12345

New:

-The Way Back Home [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Two remain.

swimswamit

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 22, 2017, 04:47:18 PMNew:

-The Way Back Home [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Two remain.
I was looking all over the place for a good version of this, this is my favorite one, thanks!

Olimar12345

With these final two arrangements, the Cave Story OST is now completely in sheet music form.

-White [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Toroko's Theme [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

I might still do some more beta music though.

Quote from: swimswamit on July 22, 2017, 07:09:14 PMI was looking all over the place for a good version of this, this is my favorite one, thanks!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

Olimar12345

You read correctly! Even more Cave Story fun is to be had:

-Balrog's Theme [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Meltdown (Unused) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Also, I've updated some terminology to help make things more clear. The tracks labeled "(Beta)" are early versions of their final counterparts, while the beta tracks that did not make it into the game have been renamed "(Unused)." This applies to Pier Walk, People of the Root, Snoopy Cake, and the new Meltdown. The Wind Fortress is exempt from this since it made appearances in later official releases of the game.

I plan on doing two more arrangements, one of a super early beta version of White and another of the track "Halloween 2" from the promotional Halloween update. After that I plan on having two more Cave Story-related updates here before being done with arranging CS music.

Maelstrom

Wait, had you not done balrog's theme before?

Olimar12345

SlowPokemon

Just a question, in Balrog's Theme, in the section from measure 9, you have the B-flat - E-flat interval in the left hand as a dotted quarter note. Is there a specific reason you didn't notate it as three eighths even though in the track you can hear the notes being sounded three distinct times? Same goes for the C - F interval, which is four eighth notes in the track. It's not staccato, but you can hear the notes sounding. I'm assuming it's a practical/creative choice, I just think the extra eighth notes make that part more fiery so I was curious. I guess it's possible that the Cave Story+ or Cave Story 3D track is different in that way, though. Also, congrats on arranging the entire soundtrack.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Thank you, and good question! I wrestled with that for a while, actually. What I unearthed was that what you're hearing there is most likely the bass voice re-articulating down low underneath the held notes. I was able to confirm this by booting up the ORG file into ORGMaker and visibly seeing the rhythms Pixel used (it takes some getting used to though, it looks pretty funky). So to answer your question, I did that because it is what Pixel did.