Olimar12345's Arrangements! (890 Total) 10 New Sheets (Pikmin!)

Started by Olimar12345, June 27, 2012, 12:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple1222119

First off I gotta say I really love your arrangements! They're all really intuitive and well done! Your Riding (Day) for example is notated so well in comparison to another one I found online. And I love the way you notated the cuica in Goron City (Day)!

I was looking for a Lost Woods BotW arrangement, and yours was the one I found, so kudos! About the time signatures, I was going to suggest maybe adding a shifting time signature that changes every bar? This might destroy readability and your way of notating it might be the easiest on the eyes, and I know notating odd time signatures like this can go either way. But when I was listening through it along with you sheet music, I would say it feels like each D-G fourth interval (or second one if there's two in a row) emphasizes the start of a new measure.

For example, your first 10 measures, I would have written it out as:

Two measures of 3/8, one of 2/8, one of 5/8, one of 4/8, one of 5/8, one of 4/8.

Having it in my head this way helped me get the weird patterns down. I know this would probably mean redoing the sheet from the ground up, and your arrangement is great the way it is too, but just an idea, my two cents haha. Hope it's not out of line for me to suggest. :P
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

Olimar12345

New:

[Mult] - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Hyrule Castle (Outside) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Hyrule Castle (Inside) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Quote from: Purple1222119 on April 06, 2017, 02:06:46 PMFirst off I gotta say I really love your arrangements! They're all really intuitive and well done! Your Riding (Day) for example is notated so well in comparison to another one I found online. And I love the way you notated the cuica in Goron City (Day)!

I was looking for a Lost Woods BotW arrangement, and yours was the one I found, so kudos! About the time signatures, I was going to suggest maybe adding a shifting time signature that changes every bar? This might destroy readability and your way of notating it might be the easiest on the eyes, and I know notating odd time signatures like this can go either way. But when I was listening through it along with you sheet music, I would say it feels like each D-G fourth interval (or second one if there's two in a row) emphasizes the start of a new measure.

For example, your first 10 measures, I would have written it out as:

Two measures of 3/8, one of 2/8, one of 5/8, one of 4/8, one of 5/8, one of 4/8.

Having it in my head this way helped me get the weird patterns down. I know this would probably mean redoing the sheet from the ground up, and your arrangement is great the way it is too, but just an idea, my two cents haha. Hope it's not out of line for me to suggest. :P

This seems much more organized than the syncopated route I went. I'll try it out. Thanks!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Purple1222119

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 13, 2017, 10:44:10 AMThis seems much more organized than the syncopated route I went. I'll try it out. Thanks!

Glad to have helped out :)

I love your new Hyrule Castle arrangements! Your arrangements are amazing, keep up the good work!
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

Olimar12345

New:

[N64] - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Dinosaur Boss Battle [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

daj

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 15, 2017, 06:15:54 PMNew:

[N64] - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Dinosaur Boss Battle [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

my scans, with fingerings and all ^^

Thanks so much for the sheet, it was a loooot of fun :)

Olimar12345

Quote from: daj on April 15, 2017, 08:14:12 PM
Thanks so much for the sheet, it was a loooot of fun :)

Solid performance, especially since it was done so quickly! Well done! Thanks for posting it! (lmk if you have any other requests via skype or something!)

Quote from: Purple1222119 on April 15, 2017, 01:16:39 AMGlad to have helped out :)

Finally finished it. Check it out here:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9303.0

Olimar12345

New:

[MUL] - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Talus Battle [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

[GCN] - Pikmin
-Night Comes [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Olimar12345

NEW:

[MUL] - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Guardian Battle [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Edit: updated the file with fixes for a few oversights. Redownload for the current version.

Latios212

Quote[5/8/2017 11:30:24 PM] Latios212: man I really wanna play that intro
[5/8/2017 11:31:09 PM] mastersuperfan: man I really wanna gain superpowers

Great job as usual, I'll probably print and "try" this one day soon haha
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Lol thanks. As hard as it is, that introduction sure would be cool to be able to play on the piano, huh?

Olimar12345

I know probably not many people will know or even care about this piece, but it's been something I've wanted to do for years and I'm glad I did it.

[GB] - Metroid II: Return of Samus
-Queen Metroid Battle [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Olimar12345

Thanks! Here's another new one. Finishing up the EBB ost:

[NES] - EarthBound Beginnings
-Roving Tank [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Brassman388

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 29, 2017, 06:53:38 PMI know probably not many people will know or even care about this piece, but it's been something I've wanted to do for years and I'm glad I did it.

[GB] - Metroid II: Return of Samus
-Queen Metroid Battle [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

.... I care .....