Olimar12345's Arrangements! (890 Total) 10 New Sheets (Pikmin!)

Started by Olimar12345, June 27, 2012, 12:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Bahahaha lmao you guys come right after my depressing post xD

Ty ty lol
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

I'm using this for something so I thought I'd dump my transcription into piano solo format while I had it:

[GCN] - Animal Crossing
-K.K. Swing (Aircheck) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Olimar12345

[GCN] - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Command Melody (Baton) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Ballad of Gales [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Wind's Requiem [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Song of Passing [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Tobbeh99

Impressive amount of sheets you've arranged lately Olimar! Took a look at some, and they look pretty good as well. :D

-Am I the only one who notices weird "swing-like" playback from the mus-file of Hippie Battle from Earthbound? Is it my Finale program that plays it badly or is there something "wrong" with the file?

edit: It was just me playing the file with midi sounds, when I switched to VST it sounded completely fine. ...I wonder why it is so? Why it sounded bad when I played it as midi? Am I the only one experiencing this?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

It doesn't do that for me. Thanks though ^^

Olimar12345

It is time to finally dust off the in-progress Pikmin arrangements.

Let's start with Pikmin 2

[GCN] - Pikmin 2
-2-Player Mode Battle Menu [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

Brassman388

It's pretty good.

The only real concern I have, especially with an arrangement as rhythmically active as this one, is the doubling of the notes in measure 14, the D on the & of beat one; same thing on measure 15, & of one; measure 19, on those B's; measure 21, same on the A's.

It's minor, but depending on how those are revoiced can make all the difference.

Olimar12345

Yeah, I hear ya. That part is awkward to play; I was thinking about playing around with removing the octaves (keeping just the lower octave). This wouldn't really address the issue you mentioned, but just leaving one out would fix that (prob. just the LH)

Brassman388

Revoicing of any kind would fix the problem.

That's the beauty of being an arranger.

;)

Olimar12345

Yeah, but if I were to rework that section, then for consistency's sake I'd probably have to rework the rest of the piece's LH accompaniment (not that its a big issue, just seems like overkill for just a handful of notes). As it sits rn, the up-beats are pretty faithful to the original. Lowering the octave or inverting them downwards runs the risk of muddying the sound up or getting up in the bass' business. Since it's doubled notes that were taking about, leaving out one would literally not alter the intended sound. Up play with it again when I get home.

Brassman388

Fair enough.

You're a good arranger, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a solution.

Olimar12345

Okay, I think I found a better way to do it. I removed the octave D's in the 13-14 bit, leaving the one lower D in 13 to double (player gets to choose). Measure 15 has become ridiculously easy to play with the removal of the low D's. The fingerings elaborate on this. Measures 19 & 21 I've switched to the upper split (as seen in 27) because that works better.

Tobbeh99

Olimar starting with Pikmin. Going back to the roots! Glad to see that. :D Some pikmin songs are really great, I personally like the ones that were in Brawl - the small and nice songs with just voice and like guitar and maybe some other intruments.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh