Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Jompa's stuff:

[NDS] Pokémon Black & White - Relic Song MUS MIDI PDF

Olimar:
-Remove the extra voices.
-Remove the broken .PNG.
-Title and composer need to be bolded.
-"Calming!" Doesn't make sense. Remove the "!" and it'll be fine.
-Copyright and url need to be size 10.
-The crescendo in measure 13 is redundant. Remove it or have it start earlier.
-Remove the breath marks, they're not in the original.
-The grace notes in measures 17, 21, 25, and 28 seem to all be mordents. Change them.
-Hide measure 17's measure number.
-Copyright owner is not "Pokemon".
-Copyright needs to look like this: Copyright owner[space]©[space]year

Jompa:
-Fixed

Olimar:
-Title needs quotation marks.
-"Piano" needs to be to the left of the first system.
-Copyright and url are too low on the sheet. Move them higher so they'll print.
-The title's a bit on the high side-try to line up the subtitle with the composer name.

Jompa:
-Fixed

No longer a submission!
[GB] Pokémon Gold, Silver & Crystal - Battle! Trainer (Johto) MUS MIDI PDF

Olimar:
-Wrong notes and sloppy layer work.

Jompa:
-Not gonna bother with this one

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum - Battle! Rival MUS MIDI PDF

Olimar:
-Remove "repeat forever".
-Wrong notes and sloppy layer work.

Jompa:
-Fixed

Olimar:
-"Piano" needs to be to the left of the first system.
-The title's a bit on the high side-try to line up the subtitle with the composer name.
-Put a double bar at measures 7 and 45.
-Bring up the copyright and url a little more.

Jompa:
-Fixed

[NDS] Pokémon Black & White - Driftveil City  MUS MIDI PDF

Olimar:
-Subtitle needs to be size 12.
-Remove all other instruments. This is a solo.
-I don't think the chord symbols look good. I recommend taking them out completely. (that's no D+ chord...)
-Copyright needs to look like this: Copyright owner[space]©[space]year

Deku: General comment. What's with the other instruments in the playback? We're a piano site...

Jompa:
-Fixed
-No reason, Deku
-Olimar, that is a D+ chord!

Olimar:
-Subtitle needs to be size 12.
-Bring up the copyright and url a little more.
-No, that isn't a D+ chord at all. The line is a simple, i - iv - V progression. Dominant in Eb- is Bb. In this case, the V chord has a raised 5th, making it a Bb+. Now, why in the world you've chosen to ignore all of your flats and rewrite them as sharps in a D+ chord, I don't know...

Jompa:
-Fixed
-and whatever
Birdo for Smash

TheZeldaPianist275

DEKU.  You are my best friend.

[GCN, WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Meet Zant [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Byrne [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Isle of Songs [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Thanks for letting this through!

Dusk

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 10, 2012, 05:46:34 PMAlright.
Thanks

*[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of T/D/S - "Time Gear Remix" [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Deku: Ok

[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of T/D/S - "The Gatekeepers" / "Whose Footprint? Whose Footprint? (Sentry Duty)" [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Olimar:
-Sheet needs to be portrait.
-Pick a title-I've seen this song just called "The Gatekeepers".

Deku: The C#s in bar 23 should be C naturals.

*[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of T/D/S - "Epilogue Theme" / "Resurrection" [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Olimar:
-Make the second "poco rit." visible.
-Same thing with the titles. "Epilogue Theme" will do.

*[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of T/D/S - "Steam Cave" [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Olimar:
-In measure 5, the RH's first note eighth note needs to be changed to 2 sixteenth notes, "B" and "G". It spells out the E minor triad.

*Edited by Bespinben
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Tangy

YAY thank you! :)

[GB] Pokemon R/B/Y - "Pokemon Tower" [.MUS] ~ [.MIDI] ~ [.PDF]

Olimar:
-The E in measure 4's RH collides with the LH. Remove the one in the LH.

Deku: First bar would look tidier with no ties and pedal markings instead.

Tangy: Whoops, I'd already fixed measure 4 but didn't update the .MUS file... sorry! I updated that and changed the first bar.

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - "New Wave Bossa Nova" [.MUS] ~[.MIDI] ~ [.PDF]

fingerz

Thanks Deku! :D

[Wii] Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - "Glittertown" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Olimar:
-I don't like how you've written the right hand in this piece. With all of the Ottava bassa's, you've made it look like the high parts are low, and the low parts are high. Plus you've made simple intervals harder to sight read. (like in measure 23, you've made that major second look like a minor seventh.) I would suggest you write out the majority of the melody in bass clef, and use clef changes/8va's to move higher. This will help the reader see the direction of the lines.
-At the guitar solo(57-74), not only would it make more sense, but it would be easier to read the RH if you separated the chords from the melody, steming them in different directions.

Fingerz: Fixed!
- I decided to keep most of the melody in the right-hand, just without all the 8vb's. I did that originally to make it easier to read, but I guess it was more annoying that anything else!
- I fixed all your other commands too. :P

Olimar:
-Change the dotted quarter rest in measure 9 into an 8th rest and a quarter rest. Apply this to every other dotted quarter rest in this piece.
-Change the half rest in measures 10, 42, and 76 into two quarter rests.
-The tie in measure 60 is colliding with the flat sign. You need to flip the tie upside down to fix this, but I think thats something you can only do in the full version. If you don't have it, perhaps you could ask Deku nicely if he'd do it for you :J

Fingerz: Just a couple of inquiries:
- Why on earth would I need to change the minim rests to two crotchet rests? I understand why the dotted crotchet rest should be changed, but not them... It just seems like we're wasting more space with rests when we're trying to make it neater and easier for people to look at. :\
- I have the full version of Finale 2011, but they don't make it easy to figure out how to do stuff. So... how do you flip the tie upside down? XD

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "Multiplayer Miss" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Ok.

Fingerz: Deku, did you write that? :P

Deku: Oh...yup

[Wii] Epic Mickey - "Oswald's Theme" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Olimar:
-In the dixieland section (21)It seems really dry...Give that LH some chords on the up-beats at 23.
-31 needs to be quieter-at least piano, maybe even pianissimo. Then I'd bring it back up to mp when the melody comes in.
-Measure 42 needs to be completely silent until the LH comes in. That 7 chord doesn't exist in the original.
-In measures 55-58, I would separate the rolled chords from the melody in the RH and stem them apart. The quarter note rolled chord in that eighth note's spot just looks incorrect.
-Also get rid of all the note collision in the rolled chords on the last page.
-The "F" and "G" 16th notes in the RH of measure 56 are part of the rolled chord. Move them to the dotted 8th note in the LH.
-The rhythm in the LH from 55-58 is a all wrong. Each measure should just be two half notes, just like in the original(the only difference is that in the original they crescendo and diminuendo, two things a piano can't do on held notes)'
-It really would help if you put in courtesy accidentals in measures like 2 and 52.

-That glissando at 36 doesn't really work. Here are my suggestions:
1)make the "B" a quarter note, move it up an octave, and have it gliss up to "G" on beat 1 of measure 37 -OR-
2)make a rolled chord on beat 4 of measure 36, with these notes(from lowest to highest) B-D-F-G, and up an octave.

Fingerz: All fixed, as requested, master!
- I decided to give the bass at the dixieland part octaves to make it more interesting instead of chords, since the notation would look really bad and the jumps would be shocking!
- AAAAND everything else is fixed too! :D

Olimar:
-Change the clef to bass clef from 21-28. Try to avoid using that clef. A pianist is expected to be able to read down to the "G" below the stave, so there's no need for it.
-Your new left hand part isn't any better. The down beats should be going up a fifth,  not down a fourth. (ex. mm23 the "C" goes down to "G", when it should go up to "G".
-I have to disagree with you about those up-beat chords-They'd really bring the piece alive, and at that tempo it's no harder than a rag by Joplin. The octaves just don't sound good.
-Move the MP in measure 32 to measure 35, where the melody returns.
-RH figures that have that "8th note-16th rest-16th note" rhythm like measure 23 and 32 should have the notes beamed together. Looks nicer and easier to read.
-Measure 36 is still a problem. Either
1)make the "B" a quarter note, move it up an octave, and have it gliss up to "G" on beat 1 of measure 37 -OR-
2)make a rolled chord on beat 4 of measure 36, with these notes(from lowest to highest) B-D-F-G, and up an octave.
-Measure 55-layer one's notes should all be stemmed in the same direction (up).

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Start Your Engines (Race)" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Deku: I gotta think about this

Fingerz: What's wrong? Is it too short? It's longer than your 1-Up arrangement. :P

Deku: Change the flat notes to sharp notes to preserve the shape

Fingerz: Done! Hope that's better! :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

Please let this through. I've been waiting forever!

[NGC] Mario Party 7 - Pyramid Park -------------[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]
[NGC] Kirby Air Ride - Grass --------------------[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]
[NGC] Kirby Air Ride - Sky Sands (Replacement) -[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]
[N64] Pokémon Snap - Camera Check -----------[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

The Deku Trombonist

Submissions are closed.

I probably won't start looking through them properly until Monday week, when my holidays start and exams are over.

MoldyPond

One thing I noticed (I know submissions are closed) is that on one of my previous uploads "In the Hall of the Zombie King" from Banjo-Tooie, is that the first two left hand chords on the sheet are G,C,D sharp, then F,G sharp,F. I just found out that the second chord is actually G sharp,C,F. Also, the 9th measure left hand part is supposed to be the same as the 5th measure, but on the sheet it isn't. I was wondering if you could possibly fix these (minor) problems in the update?
Moldy and The Ponds

JDMEK5

I think that would count as a replacement. :-\
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

pumpy_heart

Those sound like two small changes, there's no way that's a full replacement.
If it was, site will fail to get better faster.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on June 11, 2012, 05:23:19 AMJompa's stuff:
*Concerning Relic Song; I'm not 100% sure if that's the official name, though I am somewhat sure. It's either Relic Song or Meloetta's Song, but I think it's safe to go with Relic Song.

Ok, the official "Forgotten Black and White Tracks" album lists this song as "Ancient Times", not Relic Song, nor Meloetta's Song. So it's not safe at all to go with a title if you don't even know if it's the correct one.

Here you have the proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYEbCwuR2Mo

Olimar12345

Do you have more proof than a youtube link? I can easliy upload a song and title it whatever I want. Not saying you're wrong, just that youtube is not a credible source to use in arguments.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 18, 2012, 01:15:37 PMDo you have more proof than a youtube link? I can easliy upload a song and title it whatever I want. Not saying you're wrong, just that youtube is not a credible source to use in arguments.

My bad, I've just read the full OSTProject article. http://www.ostproject.co.cc/about/staff/419-bw

I've downloaded the "Forgotten Tracks" from there. I really thought it was an official album. lol
Anyways, the tracklist is:

01 United Nations
02 Battle! World Champion
03 N's Reshiram
04 N's Zekrom
05 Game Freak Logo
06 Caught a Pokémon!
07 Obtained Berry
08 Ancient Times
09 Zekrom Awakened
09 Reshiram Awakened

The titles make sense, nevertheless.  :-\
Meh, I think all are correct, since there is no official name yet.

Jompa

There is no official name for it yet, and if we're naming the songs after what YouTube videos call them, then there are more videos calling it Relic Song than Ancient Times.
Birdo for Smash