News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by UnknownKirbyMan, June 05, 2012, 02:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

lol Annie was actually my secondary back when I played the game because it was so easy to stomp people with her in Silver

Lulu looked cooler to stomp with though so she was my main
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

blueflower999

Mid lane sucks because pretty much everyone except for TF and Karthus can one shot you if you make a tiny mistake.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

Oh no tf can definitely one shot you
Maybe he got needed, but last time I played against him his pre 6 burst was really good
unmotivated

blueflower999

Nah unless he's really, really far ahead TF isn't going to be one shotting anybody. And he shouldn't be able to because of how much map presence he has. Same with Karthus.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

braix

Anivia is still the only champion I can play confidently and win
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

blueflower999

First game as Brand """support""" and I'm already completely 100 to 0 one shotting people under tower. This champion is disgusting
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

Ayyyy
Told you brand was good
(Did I say that?)
unmotivated

blueflower999

They're testing buffs to Veigar's W where it reduces its cooldown 10% for every 50 stacks of his passive

I play a lot of Veigar but even I'm super scared lol
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BrainyLucario

I dont get this game..... I've saw people play it and it looks really complicated
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

blueflower999

Yeah the game takes literally months of practice to get even marginally okay at it and years of fine-tuning to fully understand how every one of the 130+ characters work. It's a truly marvelous experience but a huge time commitment if you want to be serious about it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

The first little bit of time I spent playing it was the most fun I ever had.  The game was super flavorful back in season 3, and I was playing with my friends who helped me out.  Somewhere around level 15 I finally started doing normals and I was a fair bit better than the people I was playing with.  I played nasus and anivia all the way to level 30 and even sent friend requests to diamond players so I could spectator their games.  Back in season 3 you used to be able to spectate a high elo feature match, so I spent a lot of time watching diamonds play.

Then I hit level 30.  In ranked it's all about the competition, and I was actually better when I hit 30 than I am now.  In my provisional matches I won 8 and lost 2 and got placed in silver 4.  Ever since then I've been low silver, except for one season where I was bronze 1 70 lp and literally ran out of time to get to silver before the season ended, because I didn't play ranked at all.  I've never actually climbed the ladder, and I know I belong higher because I still get +27 for wins and -13 for losses.

I was actually the first one of most of my friends to start playing and they've all quickly surpassed me because they play a lot more league than I do.  There are a lot of good reasons to start playing league, a lot of bad reasons to start playing league, and a lot of reasons to not start playing league.  Friends fits neatly in all of these categories.

So that's basically my league of legends story.  You can literally run it on almost any computer no matter how crappy and still be fine, so it's a great hobby.  If you like fantasy video games, strategy, and competition it'll be a perfect fit, but if you're someone who gets hooked on something think twice.

For you veterans out there, I didn't get a single kill, even against bots, until I was level 10.  My first champion ever was fiora, and I bought 2 boots of speed, a dorans blade, and a dorans shield because I was a warrior.  Nasus used to be voiced by gene mcdaniels before his visual rework.  I didn't understand how recipes worked and complained to my friends that I couldn't buy anything when I had 2k gold.  And that's about it, I didn't make any other dumb mistakes.

Tldr league is fun to start and competitive to keep playing
unmotivated

blueflower999

the cycle

of life

and death

continuesssss.

we will live.

they will die.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

braix

I'm not huge fan of League anymore, my interest has been waning since season 6 and now I just don't care so much for the game itself.
But new players still seem to love it, and Riot's made it a lot easier for them to progress. It can get really addicting really quick, so be careful of that.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 20, 2017, 02:39:04 PMthe cycle

of life

and death

continuesssss.

we will live.

they will die.

Oh no is that no longer his champ select quote?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.