News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by UnknownKirbyMan, June 05, 2012, 02:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: zoroark1264 on October 28, 2014, 04:30:04 PMI'm bored and I have way too much free time this week so I made a list of champs I want to buy, in order from most to least wanted:
Zed, Lucian, Fiddlesticks, Fiora, Katarina, Yasuo, Jinx, Riven, Tristana, Zac, Ezreal, Jax, Wukong, Lulu, Tryndamere, Twitch, Mordekaiser, Vayne, Kha'Zix
What a waste of time.

Anyway, can anyone help me on the strategic decision making stuff in League? Basically like when to gank, roam, teamfight, baron, dragon, take a tower, rotate, group, switch lanes, etc. I can learn mechanics and stuff through YouTube videos, but I find it hard to learn more about the desicion making. Also, when do I need Scaling vs Flat runes?
At its simplest:
1. Gank when the enemy is overextended.  Or, when you can get a kill or forced back.
2. Roam when your lane is pushed and you're not ahead enough to dive but it's too early for you to take the turret, or when the enemy is overextended.
3. Teamfight when your entire team is there.  Do you mean initiate fights?
4. Baron when it's either a 2v5, or a 3v5 and their jungler is dead.
5. Dragon whenever you force bot lane to back.  Care for enemy jungler.
6. There is such thing as taking a turret too early, but for the most part, take a tower when it feels ready to fall.  Don't force turrets until after winning a fight or if you're splitpushing.
7. I know nothing about rotations.
8. ALWAYS GROUP.  WHEN TURRETS ARE DOWN AND THE ENEMY TEAM DON'T CARE JUST STAY IN A GROUP.  SAFETY IN NUMBERS.  STICK WITH YOUR TANK AND YOUR ADC.  THE TANK SO YOU'RE SAFE AND THE ADC SO HE'S SAFE.  JUST STAY GROUPED OKAY?!
9. Switch lanes when you feel the swapped matchup will be better, eg release yasuo, top lane would go mid and mid would go top because yasuo does worse against top laners.
10. watch gbay99
scaling runes are usually better after level 6.  So if you need the early stuff (mainly if you're a jungler or intend to cheese the opponent early (or if you want over 100 AD on fiora at level 1)) take flat runes.  Otherwise scaling is the way to go
unmotivated

braix

Two more things: Yeah I meant initiating a teamfight. Also what do you do when your lane is losing and your opponent is denying farm really well?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Wolf

The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

mikey

Quote from: zoroark1264 on October 28, 2014, 07:52:43 PMTwo more things: Yeah I meant initiating a teamfight. Also what do you do when your lane is losing and your opponent is denying farm really well?
Initiate whenever you have an advantage.

Quote from: wolf on October 28, 2014, 11:33:05 PMEat jungle
Yep.  Taking golems/wolves/wraiths can help you stay relevant.  Another thing you could do is lane swap.  But if you start off losing your lane, like if the enemy laner gets first blood on you and starts to successfully poke you out of lane, there are a few things you can do.  1, you can start buying cheap defensive items.  A good thing to get is Chain Vest/Negatron Cloak.  They help you survive poke and burst.  Getting a flask can also help against poke.  If your opponent is just ignoring you and farming until you come close, just let him.  He already proved that under normal circumstances he can kill you.  You need a significant advantage to beat him the next time (you have both sums and your ult he has neither, your jungler is coming, etc.)
unmotivated

Wolf

Line swaping isn't always good. If your very very not fed, then you could feed other lanes and adventually the whole line is fed.

braix

hm okay, i think i got it thanks
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Wolf

Oh. And if anyone wants to use my NA account, then tell me. I'll tell you the password by
Messege.

Btw, what's the video thing that came out? Is it the new champ? And how do you get the icon?

Wolf

Kalista. Rito REALLY??? I really mean RRRREEEAAALLLLLLLLYYYY???????? Kind of sounds like Alistar don't y'all think?
Well anyway, I think she's good for either true supporting or trolling. Dat ulti.........

mikey

no adc?
Did you read her passive?  It goes something like this:
"I can click on you to auto attack then immediately jump out of range of your auto"
unmotivated

braix

im actually looking forward to her release, she fits my playstyle pretty perfecly

braix

im playing jinx with a, um, viktor support

Wolf

braix

Did the Spider Queen own her own car?

Spoiler
No, it's just Elise
[close]

mikey

that's a >.> worthy pun
you'd better not tell
Spoiler
annie more
[close]
unmotivated

braix

I totally xpeketed that pun...