News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Dusk's Arrangements - Jul. 28th - Pokémon BW "Abyssal Ruins"

Started by Dusk, April 26, 2012, 07:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusk

Added "The Bittercold" (Second Battle) from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinite
[ZIP] [PRI] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]

I included a part from an other PMD3 arrangement. Who can find it? :P

Added "I Saw Something Again..."/"Strange Happenings" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

...the most creepy song from PMD2. I'm still confused about the left hand in the first half of the piece. :o
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Dusk

(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Bespinben

Dusk, I don't think I've said this yet, so I'll say it now:
You're Post Town arrangement is absolutely impeccable. I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I get to the song in my arrangement project, because there's no way I could improve on it.
(Maybe 4-hands piano duet? That'd be fun, and original!)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on January 12, 2015, 10:20:52 PM(...)there's no way I could improve on it.(...)

But I'm pretty sure you could make it way more difficult to play!

Cannot listen to the arrangements atm, but the one I checked look pretty awesome. Need to check them out, when I get home!

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

Project MUS conversion - Dusk style! I figured it was time your arrangements stopped collected space dust. Hopefully I'll keep doing more:

"Heavy Rain" from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The most notable change was that I put in 12/16 time (e.g. 12/8 but with 16ths as base). I thought your initial choice was interesting though! The accents are simply derived from syncopation though. I also added in the Fb for the pick-up measure.

Bespinben

More MUS conversion! This song was literally next in line on my PMD3DS arranging project, so it was only natural that I did it now, at long last:
(man you sure have a lot of "will be re-written by Bespinben" on the front page =P)

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

"That Is Odd...":
~brought to you by Dusk (Edited by Me)~
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The name of the song in the English track listing is actually "That Is Odd..." instead of "Strange" (which is the literal Japanese translation). Actually, I noticed the majority of the tracks in the OST list on your front page use these Japanese transliterations.

As for the arrangement itself, I only changed three things:
*Pizzicato chords needed an Eb, and there was no G. Also used cross staving to show they belonged to the same "voice".
*Took out the octave doubling on the melody; also there was a wrong note in m.1 for the bassoon line (you had Bb at the very end where there should be just an A)
*Inserted some dynamics

Latios212

Quote from: Bespinben on January 14, 2015, 11:23:49 PMProject MUS conversion - Dusk style! I figured it was time your arrangements stopped collected space dust. Hopefully I'll keep doing more:
It's been such a long time... lemme try!

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

"Crossing The Sea" (Solo)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]

I tried to match everything as closely as possible. Let me know if I missed anything. I do have suggestions on things to change but I think I'll get back to my homework for now...

edit: I discussed some stuff with Bespinben; would you like us to make corrections and submit your sheets for you?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dusk

Quote from: Latios212 on October 18, 2015, 12:15:25 PMedit: I discussed some stuff with Bespinben; would you like us to make corrections and submit your sheets for you?
For sure!
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Latios212

Sweet! It's on the sub board now!

Next up...
"Come on in to Post Town!" (Solo)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 25, 2015, 03:00:57 AMI would suggest rewriting the whole thing with eighths with a swing feel. That should get rid of most of the visual clutter.
This was a piece of advice on Bespinben's version of the song. but I still think it applies to this sheet. When I learned this one, it took me quite a while to get the hang of the rhythms, and after re-writing a few measures in swing I felt this looked a lot cleaner and easier to read. Other notable changes:
~Number of clef changes drastically reduced. Most of the song fits pretty comfortably in the normal bass clef, with occasional 8vbs. (See measures 4-6, for example.)
~Same with ledger lines. (See measure 46-48, for example.)
~Redistribution of the work between the two hands. In particular, I found swapping the LH and RH parts in half of measure 7 more intuitive (see my performance for demonstration). Measure 51 is easier if the RH takes some of the work, as notated in the sheet. And for measure 63-64 I made it clear which notes to toss to the LH.

But of course, this is still your sheet; all the notes are there and it should sound the same as your MIDI, save for some articulation. If you disagree with any of this, just let me know!

Also, I'm not done yet. I still have to rework some smaller things like measure distribution and aesthetics, aligning swung eighths with triplets, keysig changes, articulations, and a couple of spots where I'd suggest changing the actual notes (measure 36, mostly) but yeah, it's mostly there :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dusk

Although I'm still waiting for a huge update of my notation software (primus) before overgoing most of my arrangements I had to redo my "Cave and Side Path" arrangement for a new YouTube video. So here is a better version of it now:

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

"Cave and Side Path" (Two Pianos)
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Latios212

Oh my goodness hiiii Dusk

Your recent performances have been great, just didn't know if you were still checking NSM C:

As always, let me know if you want any of your sheets to be MUS-ified for the site!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

OH HEY, it's this guy! Good to see ya. Love the new revision of Cave and Side Path.

Quote from: Dusk on September 26, 2016, 07:19:21 AMAlthough I'm still waiting for a huge update of my notation software (primus) before overgoing most of my arrangements
Have you heard of a new notation program in development called "Dorico"? It's being made by Steinberg. You should definitely try it once it's released.

Dusk

I will definitely try it out! I just now watched a presentation and I'm very impressed.
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Tobbeh99

You got to submit your DotA 2 Main Theme! Even if it's not completely perfect , It does sounds amazing!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dusk

Thank you Bespinben for suggesting Dorico to me. I already love this software!
AND the MusicXML export + import to Finale works, even though with most of the dynamics and text being lost, minor changes in the notes and some error messages in Finale, but it works!!  ;D

Here is what I rewrote so far*:

Main Theme Epilogue from Crysis 2
PDF | XML
Menu Theme from DotA 2
PDF | XML

*I also made some small changes after playing these songs over and over on piano.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 26, 2016, 09:22:38 AMAs always, let me know if you want any of your sheets to be MUS-ified for the site!
Thank you again for undertaking this work and props for your youtube channel as well. If your video quality and play skill keep getting better that fast, I'm afraid you'll surpass me one day. ;)

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 26, 2016, 03:17:46 PMYou got to submit your DotA 2 Main Theme! Even if it's not completely perfect , It does sounds amazing!
I guess this is about to happen. :P
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015