News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Great NSM Pokemon Adventure!

Started by K-NiGhT, March 18, 2012, 08:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE.This is just for the story. Any questions or comments should go in the Discussion Thread.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

K-NiGhT

And now for our feature presentation...

The Great NSM Pokemon Adventure!

Chapter 1: New Horizons Dawning

It was a bright, sunny day in Sootopolis City. The sun had gotten into its highest point of the day. A young boy named Jordan was outside playing with a few friends. He was a tall, gangly boy of just 13, and he had the most piercingly deep blue eyes.

Jordan was enjoying this time with his friends because he knew they all were soon going to leave on a journey with their own Pokemon. He had begged his parents to let him go, but they always refused. One day, though, Jordan's father came home with a shiny new Poke Ball and gave it to Jordan. It was Jordan's very first Pokemon, a Minccino. He absolutely loved the small, gray, chinchilla creature. His friends were all extremely jealous of him.

Now the day was coming for his friends to leave, and he wouldn't get to share in the joys of an adventure.

But something changed all of that. On the day of his friends' departure, it began to rain. Just a typical rain at first, but then it grew to a fierce monsoon. It would be stormier than heck one second, but then later it would turn into the biggest heat wave ever recorded in the history of the Hoenn region. Everybody was rushed into their homes. The weather got steadily worse, and it seemed to be the worst right over Sootopolis. Then Jordan witnessed an amazing sight. There, in the center of the city, were two of the most legendary Pokemon in the entire world. Groudon, who created the land, and Kyogre, who created the sea. They were said to have battled many years ago and taken to a deep sleep, but they were somehow re-awakened and were battling once again in a fierce stand-off. Their battle continued for hours, with no progress seeming to be made. Earthquakes rocked the entire region, and severe thunderstorms flooded towns all over. Then Jordan saw something even more amazing. Down from the heavens, a steely green Dragon Pokemon appeared. It was Rayquaza! It swooped down into the town and stopped the conflict between Groudon and Kyogre, sending them back into their deep sleep. Soon after, Rayquaza retreated back to whence it came. Seeing these legends only made Jordan want to become a Trainer even more.

...2 YEARS LATER...

"Mom! I'm heading out! The ship is about to leave!"

"Have a great adventure, Jordan! Please call me sometimes!"

"I promise!" Jordan shouted as he walked out the door. He had just turned 15, a little late to be starting his journey, but he didn't care. He was excited to finally go on his journey. He walked out to the lake, where a submarine and a ship captain were waiting for him. The captain didn't really seem like the sailor type. Jordan thought he looked more like a scientist.

"Jordan, my boy!" the captain addressed. "You made it!"

"I hope I'm not too late," Jordan said sheepishly. "Sorry, Captain Stern."

"It's no problem!" Stern laughed. "Just hop in!"

Jordan got in the submarine after Captain Stern, and they were off. Jordan knew exactly where they were heading. They were going to Lilycove International Airport (or LAX) because of the e-mail Jordan had received. It was from a group of friends in the Johto region inviting him out because the professors had called a bunch of teens that hadn't gone on a journey yet. Jordan wasn't sure why he was being called, but with an invitation like that, his parents couldn't possibly refuse him anymore.

He was lost in these thoughts for so long, he didn't realize they had pulled into Lilycove Port until the submarine had screeched to a sudden stop. He exited the submarine, thanked Stern, and headed towards the airport. He boarded his plane after a long hassle with airport security over his Pokemon, and took off for Johto. He decided to catch some rest before he got there. And he knew that when he got there, there would be a new horizon dawning for him.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 2: A Bright Sun

Morning was just dawning in Ecruteak City, all the way over in the Johto Region. A short, brown-haired boy woke up to find the sun particularly bright on this particular day. How fitting, he thought to himself. A bright sun for a bright future. The boy got out of bed, got dressed, and was ready for the day. He headed out the door to find two girls standing at the door, waiting for him. They both looked similar, fairly short with long brown hair and glasses. They were even both wearing nearly the same clothes too. The only real difference was that one girl always wore a beanie hat, and that was how he could tell the two apart.

"Good morning, Roz," he said to the girl with the beanie hat.

"Good morning, Marty" Roz replied back.

"OH, SO IT'S HER FIRST, HUH?!" the other girl, Nebu, barked angrily.

"What?" Marty wondered, confused. "What'd I do?"

"Nothing," Nebu smiled. "I'm just messing with you." She laughed. Marty and Roz stared at her for a moment, and then burst out laughing as well. They laughed for what seemed like an eternity over something so pointless.

Finally it seemed to settle down. "Anyway," Marty said, "What's up?"

"Have you not heard yet?" Nebu asked.

"Heard what?" Marty demanded.

"Apparently," Roz began, "Jordan is flying out here to meet us regarding that email!"

"R-Really?!" Marty stammered. "That's awesome! How did you know?"

"He put it up on NSM," Roz explained.

NSM was a website that Roz, Nebu, and Marty had discovered one day when they were looking for sheet music to play. They happened to stumble upon it and liked what they saw, so all three of them joined the forums. They met a whole bunch of friends there.

"So when's he gonna get here?" Marty asked.

Roz checked her shiny new Pokenav. "According to this text, his flight stopped in Cianwood City to pick someone up."

"Wonder who it is..." Nebu thought aloud.

"Same here," Marty agreed. "Wouldn't it be funny if it was someone else from NSM, like Ragster?" They all laughed again until Roz's Pokenav beeped again.

"It's another text from Jordan," she said. She read it out loud:

OMG RAGSTER JUST BOARDED THE PLANE!!!

The three of them stared at each other for a bit. Then they burst out laughing again.

"So," Nebu said to Roz. "What's our schedule for today?"

Roz coolly checked her Pokenav again. She read her daily planner out loud to Marty and Nebu:

7:00 AM: Wake up.
7:30 AM: Meet Nebu and Marty at Marty's House
8:00 AM: Leave for Goldenrod
9:00 AM: Meet with Jordan, show him around Goldenrod
11:30 AM: Board the Magnet Train for Saffron City
11:45 AM: Disembark in Saffron City in Kanto
12:00 PM: Catch bus to Pallett Town
1:30 PM: Meet with Professors

She looked up at them. "As you can see, we have a busy day ahead of us."

"Well, then," Marty advised, "We should get going."

"Right," Roz and Nebu said in unison. So the three of them said their good-byes to their families and left for Goldenrod City.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 3: Like New Meetings, but Not Really

In the plane headed for Goldenrod, Jordan sat in his seat patiently waiting to land. He was sitting in his seat, writing a review for a movie he was watching, when an announcement came over the intercom.

"This is your captain speaking. We have a bit of a stop to make in Cianwood City before we land in Goldenrod, so if you could please be patient for a while longer, it would be fantastic. We'll give you a free bag of peanuts on your next flight. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Of course, Jordan didn't hear him, as he was too focused in his review to care.

A little while later, the plane finally came to land in Cianwood City. The passengers were slightly irritated by this delay in their flight. After everything had been put into place, a lone passenger boarded the plane. He wore a green T-shirt with a black cargo vest, blue jeans, a green bandanna around his forehead, a pair of jet-black Aviators, fingertip-less black gloves, black chucks, and a brown belt. His hair was a very light blonde, and his eyes were a blue-ish green. Jordan knew that the boy seemed familiar to him somehow, so he invited him to sit next to him.

"Hi," Jordan introduced himself. "I'm Jordan."

"I'm Matt," the new boy said.

"Nice to meet you," Jordan said.

"Likewise," Matt replied. They sat in a sort of awkward silence for a little while. Then Jordan decided to check NSM on his laptop before the plane took off again. As he logged in to the site, he caught the attention of Matt, whose eyes lit up furiously.

"YOU'RE SLOWPOKEMON?!" he shouted out loudly.

"Yeah, why?" Jordan asked quizzically.

"It's me, Ragster!" Matt answered.

Jordan seemed skeptical. He didn't seem to believe this boy. "If you're Ragster, prove it," he said. "What's your favorite Pokemon in the whole world?"

Matt scoffed. "Treecko, obviously."

Jordan's jaw hit the floor. "OH MY GOD IT IS YOU!" he screamed. They had the most incredible brohug in the history of mankind. "What are you doing here?" Jordan asked excitedly.

"Well i got an email saying that the professors were calling me out for something."

"Me too!" Jordan shrieked. "I got that same email!"

Just then, a boy leaped up from his seat a few rows ahead of them and bounded towards them. He was a taller boy with long, jet black hair, and he wore jeans that stopped at his ankles. He wore a shirt with a Poke Ball on it.

"Excuse me," he said. "But did i hear that you two were SlowPokemon and Ragster?"

"That's right," Jordan answered. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh," the boy began. "No reason, other than I'M CLANKER."

Matt and Jordan's jaws both hit the floor. They both let out a crazy sounding, "WHAAAAAAAAT?!"

"Yup," the boy said. "Except in the real world I'm known as Stepney."

"Well, sit with us then!" Matt said.

So Jordan, Matt, and Stepney sat together on the plane to Goldenrod.

...MEANWHILE...

"Worst. Shortcut. EVER."

"Shut up. At least I'm trying to save us some time."

"How is getting attacked by wild Pokemon time-efficient?!"

"Again with the talking!"

...MEANWHILE...

The plane finally landed in Goldenrod City. Jordan, Matt, and Stepney exited the plane and waited in the airport for Marty, Nebu, and Roz.

"Hmm..." Matt wondered. "Do you think they forgot?"

"Nah," Jordan said. "Roz texted me saying they were leaving."

"Maybe you should check again," Stepney told him. "Just to be sure."

Jordan sent Roz a text message on his Pokenav:

Where are you? Ragster, Clanker and I are waiting at the airport.

...MEANWHILE...

Marty, Nebu, and Rozalie were having some troubles getting through Marty's supposed "shortcut." Wild Pokemon were attacking them left and right. Just then, Roz got a text message from Jordan.
It said:

Where are you? Ragster, Clanker and I are waiting at the airport.

"Guys!" Roz yelled. "Ragster and Clanker are with Jordan!"

"OH MAH GAWD," Nebu cried. "WE HAVE TO GET THERE. NOW."

Marty looked around for something that could get them to Goldenrod quickly. Eventually, his eyes trained on a brown and gold Pokemon, sleeping. It was an Abra.

"Quick!" Marty said. "Grab that Abra!" So they ran over to the Abra and put their hands on it. The clearly spooked Abra used Teleport!

Marty, Roz, and Nebu were instantly next to Jordan, Matt, and Stepney in the airport. The Abra had teleported them exactly where they wanted to go! The Abra was clearly mad for being awoken so rudely. It scratched Marty and left. After that, an amazing reunion of sorts took place, and group of now six walked around Goldenrod City together.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 4: To Kanto, and...

Marty, Nebu, Roz, Jordan, Matt and Stepney had explored Goldenrod City for about an hour. Finally they had to leave and catch the Magnet Train bound for Saffron City. They ran over to the station and handed their tickets to the ticket taker, and he led them to the train.

"Well," Marty said. "I guess it's time to say good-bye to Johto for a while."

"Yup," Roz said. "I'll miss it."

"Well," Stepney said. "I don't live here so I don't care. Let's go!" Stepney pulled them all onto the train just as it started up.

The train began to levitate over the tracks through magnet repulsion and took off at a high speed. They all looked out at the countryside spreading out before them. It was beautiful. They could see the Union Cave right below them, and many novice trainers entering it, hoping to get to Azalea Town and its Gym Leader, Bugsy. They admired the scenery for a few minutes until they arrived in Saffron City, many miles away from their homes in Johto and Hoenn.

They all stumbled off the train, feeling kind of dizzy after the blazingly fast ride, and headed to the bus station.

"Ok," Roz said, checking the Pokenav. "The next bus to Pallet Town leaves in..." She scrolled through the list of departures. "Well, it looks like the next bus leaves for Pallet Town. We better hurry."

"C'mon guys," Marty said. "I know a shortcut there!"

"You've never set foot in this town in your entire life!" Nebu shouted. "And frankly, I've had enough of your shortcuts for one day." Everybody walked silently after that, until they reached the bus station. When they got there, Roz flashed the ticket now marked for six to the lady at the counter. She nodded at them and let them pass. They boarded the bus and it left for Pallet Town.

Meanwhile, in Cinnabar Island, a boy was boarding a ship bound for Pallet Town. He was slender and medium height. He had blue eyes and light brown hair that reached to his shoulders. He wore black shoes, blue jeans and a blue shirt. His mother was talking to him.

"Do you have everything?" she asked.

"Yes, Mom," he answered.

"Your bag?"

"Yes."

"Your money?"

"Yes."

"Your Pokenav?"

"...Yes."

"Your-"

"YES. I have everything, Mom. Don't worry."

She smiled. "You're right. I shouldn't worry." She gave the boy a hug. "You know your father would've been proud, Davy."

"Yeah, I know," Davy said.

"I love you, Davy," his mom said.

"Love you too, mom," he replied. "I'll come home to visit, okay?"

"You better!" she said. "It's boring on this little island."

Davy got on board the ship and it set sail. He waved good-bye to his mother and left Cinnabar Island. He turned around to look towards Pallet Town.

It was the last time he would ever see his home intact.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 5: A New Region? (Must've missed the memo...)

After an extremely long and cramped bus ride, Marty's group arrived in Pallet Town. They disembarked right next to Professor Oak's Lab, where he and the other 4 Professors were waiting. As soon as they got off, they saw a ship arrive down by the coast. There, Davy got off the boat and walked over to the Lab.

"Hi," Davy said.

"Hello," everyone else said back.

"I'm Davy," Davy told them.

"Wait," Marty paused. "Did you say...Davy?"

"Yeah, I did," Davy assured. "Why?"

The other five looked at each other while Marty asked him, "How do you spell that?"

"D-A-V-Y," Davy said slowly.

All six of Marty's group screamed, and ran to hug Davy. Davy looked extremely confused, so after a brief explanation and proof of identities, Davy eagerly joined in the group hug. Just then, the door to the Lab swung open. An old man with gray hair stepped out. He wore a white lab coat.

"Ah," he said. "I see you're all here."

"Professor Oak!" they all shouted.

"Yes," Professor Oak said. "I know who I am. Come with me, quickly. We have much to talk about." They stepped into Oak's Lab. Inside were the other four renowned Professors of the world, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper.

"You found them! Great!" Juniper exclaimed.

"Hmm..." Rowan muttered.

"They sure look promising," Elm mused.

"Ah! Stepney! Good to see you!" Birch said.

"Nice to see you too, Professor," Stepney replied politely.

"Now that we have the introductions out of the way," Matt said. "Why did you call us all here? And just how did you come to pick us specifically?"

"Well," Oak said. "I'm going to hand that to Professor Birch for the time being."

Birch stepped up. "Thanks, Oak," he said sarcastically. "Anyway, two years ago, there was a huge battle in the Hoenn region between two legendary Pokemon, Groudon and Kyogre."

Marty looked over at Davy and noticed that he had clenched his fist when he heard Birch say "legendary Pokemon."

"I remember that!" Jordan blurted. "I was there that day!"

"Yes, it was quite a disaster," Birch agreed. "Anyway, for those of you who don't know who Groudon and Kyogre are, they're mythical Pokemon that created the land and sea. In any case, their battle was catastrophic, and it took the help of Rayquaza to finally calm them down."

"Ok..." Roz said tentatively. "What does THAT have to do with THIS?"

"Well," Birch continued. "The battle between Groudon and Kyogre had very visible effects in the Hoenn region, but it also had effects elsewhere."

"What are you saying?" Nebu asked.

"Honestly, Birch," Juniper scolded. "You really need to learn to get to the point." She stood up. "All right, what Birch is trying to say is that Groudon's power of creating land was unleashed in the world during the battle, as was Kyogre's power of sea expansion. As soon as one would try to upset the balance of sea to land, the other would counteract it. Eventually, they came to a compromise, and after the battle was over, a new region was created."

"Wait," Jordan said. "Did you just say a new REGION?"

"Yes, she did." Rowan stood up at this point. "Except then, it was just a regular landmass."

"So, what's so special about this region?" Marty asked.

"You see," Elm went on for the group, "The interesting thing about this 'region' is that there are no wild Pokemon on it AT ALL. Even Water-Type Pokemon seem to stay away from its shores."

"That seems like a bad omen," Davy pointed out.

"Well, I think there's another reason behind it," Oak said. "We've started colonizing this new region, just without trainers and wild Pokemon. We've named it Terrari."

"And so you need us...why?" Stepney asked.

"We want you to go to the Terrari region and help us see what a world would be like without wild Pokemon," Rowan said.

"What's the point of that?" Matt asked.

"To see if Trainers like the region. If they do, maybe we could start up a land for Trainers only. Plus they wouldn't have to worry about running into any wild Pokemon," Rowan explained at length.

"I see," Roz said. "But why us?"

"Actually, you are not the first people there," Elm said. "There are others already. Trainers, Gym Leaders, and even a Champion. And the best part is that they're all people you know from your web site that you all frequent. What was it called again? NSM?"

The look on the faces of Marty, Roz, Nebu, Jordan, Matt, Stepney, and Davy were all the same. Pure and utter shock.

"You mean EVERYONE from NSM is going to be in the Terrari Region as a Trainer?" Nebu asked excitedly.

"Well," Juniper said, "Mostly. There were a few we couldn't quite reach, but yes. They will be there."

"But wait," Marty wondered. "How are we going to become Trainers in a region without Pokemon?"

"That's the best part!" Elm told him. "We're giving you all a year to assemble your team!"

"A year?!" Jordan cried. "That's quite a while."

"Well, we can cut it down whenever you all come back here," Oak said. "For now, you may each take one of these Pokemon we have set out for you." Oak and the other Professors set out seven total Poke Balls, each full of a Pokemon.

"What if we already have a Pokemon?" Jordan asked, showing them Minccino's Poke Ball.

"Consider this your lucky day, then!" Juniper said enthusiastically.

So the seven of them each took a Poke Ball. Marty had chosen Totadile, Nebu chose Cyndaquil, and Rozalie took Charmander. Jordan added a Chikorita to his belt while Stepney took a Mudkip and Matt chose Treecko.

"Big surprise," Jordan said sarcastically.

Davy was last to pick, and he received a Squirtle.

"Now that you all have a Pokemon, we have a few things to hand you," Elm told them. The Professors each handed the team five Poke Balls and their own Pokenav.

"Is it safe to assume you know what these do?" Rowan asked.

"Yes," was the unanimous answer from everybody.

"Great!" Juniper shouted. "Now, before you leave, there are a few rules. You may only catch five Pokemon. Except for Jordan. He may only catch four. These must all be at a starting level of five. You cannot train your Pokemon while travelling. That would ruin the challenge of your adventure. We have planes for each of you to fly to each region. Also, there is a Pokemon League that takes place in Terrari. Since there are seven of you, you qualify for a group acceptance. If you each get one badge, save for one person who needs to acquire two, you all gain entry in the Pokemon League. Do you all understand?"

"Yes, ma'am!" everyone shouted enthusiastically.

"Great!" Juniper shouted back. "Get to work!"

The seven of them ran out of Oak's Lab to find seven planes waiting for them outside, each with their name on them and a pilot in the door.

"Well, guys," Marty shouted over the roar of plane engines, "This is it for about a year."

"Yup," Nebu said. "Let's do our best to get our best teams possible!"

"Yeah!" everyone yelled.

"All right then..." Marty began. "Ready...steady..."

They all broke out in a huge, "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 6: Beginning the Adventure

ONE YEAR LATER...

Jordan arrived at Lilycove International Airport for the others. It had been exactly a year since he and the others were sent to catch their team to explore the Terrari Region. On top of Chikorita and Minccino, he had caught a Spinda, a Misdreavous, a Ralts, and a Litwick. He wondered what everyone else had caught. He would have to wait until they got there, he supposed.

...MEANWHILE...

Stepney was on the road to Lilycove, trying to dodge wild Pokemon the best he could. Not being able to battle made it quite difficult. In his year of searching, he had caught a Snorunt, a Budew, a Vulpix, a Sneasel, and Murkrow. He was especially happy with his Budew. Out of all the Pokemon he had caught, Budew was his obvious favorite. He liked all of his Pokemon equally, but Budew was on another level. He had finally reached Lilycove, and could see the Airport off in the distance.

...MEANWHILE...

Matt looked around the darkness of the cave. "I know you're there," he whispered.

Just then a short, blue Pokemon with stubby legs and a gaping mouth jumped out from the shadows.

"A-Ha!" Matt shouted. "You're mine, Gible!" He threw a Poke Ball, his very last one, at the Gible. It shook inside the ball for a few seconds, and then gave up.

"Cool!" Matt shouted. Now he had his complete team with him. Other than Treecko and Gible, he had obtained a Magikarp, a Skarmory, a Tynamo, and an Abra. As soon as he was satisfied, he headed out for his plane, only to see Nebu and Roz standing there.

"Hey!" he exclaimed. "What're you guys doing here?"

"Well..." Nebu said sheepishly, "We kinda need a ride to Lilycove on your plane."

"Why?" Matt asked.

"Our planes were kinda both destroyed," Roz explained.

"WHAT?!" Matt screamed. "How?"

"Well, we were both flying near Mt. Silver," Nebu began. "And we saw this AMAZING battle between the Kanto champion and the Johto champion."

"And...we both got a little too close to the mountains and the shock waves from the battle destroyed our planes," Roz continued.

"Oh my god, are your pilots okay?" Matt asked, worried.

"Meh, who cares," Nebu said. "My pilot was kind of a jerk."

"Mine too," Roz said. "Men these days..."

"Tell me about it," Nebu agreed.
While Nebu and Roz were gossiping about their rude pilots that were probably flying a little higher than they used to, Davy showed up and said that the same thing had happened to him as well.

"Umm...do you guys need a ride then, or...?" Matt stared at them awkwardly.

"That'd be great," Roz said. "Thanks, Matt!" So the four of them crammed into Matt's plane and took to Lilycove.

...LATER...

"Phew," Matt said. "We made it."

"Look!" Nebu cried. "The others are here!"

"Wait..." Roz stopped. "Where's Marty?"

"So we're missing him," Davy said. "He'll probably catch up soon. Don't worry." They landed on the runway and jumped out of the plane to greet their friends and compare their Pokemon. In the year, Nebu had obtained Cyndaquil, Drifloon, Solosis, Venipede, Sentret, and Trapinch. Roz had caught Charmander, NidoranMale, Poliwag, Shroomish, Dratini, and Bronzor. Davy had also captured a Squirtle, a Pineco, a Pawniard, an Exeggcute, and a Natu. He had also won a Porygon at a Game Corner.

"Wow," Stepney said. "We're all going to have some pretty impressive teams."

"Yeah," Jordan agreed. "I wonder where Marty is, though..."

...MEANWHILE...

High above the sky in the Hoenn Region, Marty stood on the wing of the plane assigned to him. He was going to jump down and land in Lilycove instead of have the pilot land, thereby saving some gas for the pilot. He felt pretty generous today. Just then, the pilot's voice came through on his headset.

"Well, kid," the gruff voice said. "Are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely," Marty said. "I've always wanted to try this."

"Ok, then," the pilot said. "You may want to hand me your headset before you jump."

"Right," Marty said. "I know."

"Ok." The plane flew for another minute, and then the pilot said, "All right, we're coming up on the landing zone. You have a window of time of around 10 seconds to jump and hit your mark. Are you ready?"

"Yeah!" Marty shouted eagerly.

"All right then," the pilot said. "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!"

Marty took off his headset, gave it to the pilot, and jumped. He fell 5,000 feet to the ground below, straight onto the runway of the Lilycove International Airport.

...MEANWHILE...

"Hey," Jordan said. "What's that thing falling from the sky?"

"Is it a bird?" Stepney asked.

"Is it a plane?" Nebu wondered.

"Are we trying to replicate the 'Question and Don't Answer' game?" Jordan asked.

"I think that's Marty!" Roz cried.

And sure enough, it was. Marty landed perfectly on the runway of the airport, and his friends rushed out to meet him.

"Hey, guys!" Marty shouted. "Miss me?"

They all said, "YES!" at the same time.

And so the group had re-formed after a year of being apart. Aside from having a full team of Pokemon, nothing had really changed about them. Except they had all grown in the past year. It was pretty clear if you had seen a picture of them from a year ago.

"So, Marty," Roz began. "What'd you catch?"

"Well," Marty started to answer, but caught himself. "I'm not gonna tell you," he said finally, and he flashed them all a devilish smile.

"D'AWWWWWWWWWW..." Nebu said.

"Don't worry, you'll see 'em!" Marty assured the group. "And anyway, don't we have a flight to catch? Let's go!"

The seven of them all cheered as they boarded the flight bound for Maron City, the first stop in the Terrari Region.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 7: A Pleasant Town

After several hours of restless wandering about the cabin of their plane, Marty's group finally heard the wonderful announcement of the pilot,

"Attention passengers. We are preparing to fly over the Terrari Region and make our descent into Maron City. Make sure you are ready for your arrival! Thank you."

"Oh my god," Nebu said. "I am SO excited." Everyone else stated their hearty agreements. They all looked out the window. They then all got their first glimpse of the Terrari Region.

You could tell it had been built on by humans. There were towns scattered here and there, but no roads in between them yet. The towns all seemed to form around the region in a spiral. Maron City seemed to be at the end of the spiral, with another town in the middle. The town's buildings were extremely frivolous. The rest of the towns were either smaller or not able to be seen. Routes had been blazed in between cities. The grass all around was kept short and tidy. The group also noticed there were two small islands right off the coast of a port town. One of the islands looked miserably hot and volcanic, and the other looked like a giant iceberg.

They were admiring the beauty of this new region when the captain came over the speaker again.

"Beautiful, isn't it? Anyway, we're gonna land now. Get ready!"

They sat in their seats until the plane had completely stopped. Then they all took their first steps into the Terrari Region.

They took a look around Maron City. It was a pleasant little city, almost...town-like. There was a nice square in the middle of the city with a fountain where people were gathering, and the shops and residences were all on the outer part of the main square. While they walked around the main square, they noticed a tall castle looming over all the other buildings. This castle looked exactly like the Pokemon League in the Sinnoh Region, only a whole lot bigger. The sign over it read,

"TERRARI REGION ANNUAL POKEMON LEAGUE REGISTRATION TAKING PLACE! EARN THE EIGHT BADGES TO GAIN ENTRY!"

"Well, guys," Marty said. "We're up for this, right?"

"Right!" they all said in unison.

Little did they know they were being watched from the moment they had set foot in the Terrari Region...

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 8: A First Battle!

The group was walking around Maron City, meeting all the people. Just then, a boy around their age walked up to them. He had dark brown hair to the point of being black, and brown eyes that seemed lost in thought. He wore a yellow t-shirt and carried a staff. He walked over to the group.

"Hey!" he said pleasantly. "You guys must've just come in on the last plane. I've been tracking you guys around since you got here. My name is Jerry, but you can call me Jerry."

Jordan thought about this strange boy for a moment then said, "Is that you, Jub?"

Jerry looked shocked. "Woah!" he shouted. "How'd you know that?"

"Lucky guess," Jordan said. Then he introduced himself to Jerry. Everyone else followed with their own introductions rather quickly.

"Wow," Jerry said. "Fancy meeting you guys here! Of course, you guys are some of the last people to arrive, so i shouldn't be surprised."

They all looked at each other. Were they really the last ones there? That would mean everyone else had a head start on them. That was rather worrying.

"But enough of that," Jerry said. "Who wants to battle me?"

They all looked at each other again. Finally, Marty stepped up. "I'll do it," he told Jerry.

"Cool," Jerry said, pleased. "Let's get started. Let's make it a 3-3 battle. Get ready!"

"All right," Marty replied. He looked through his bag for three Pokemon he knew would do good for him. He finally chose his Totodile, Riolu, and Pansage. He then turned back to Jerry, with the 3 Pokemon on his belt. "I'm ready to go, Jerry!" he shouted out to his opponent.

"Cool!" Jerry exclaimed. "Let's begin!"

They found an arena that had been made in the main square just for trainers. They took their respective positions in the trainer boxes and began.

"I choose you, Turtwig!" Jerry shouted. A little, green turtle with a leaf on its head sprang out of the Poke Ball that Jerry threw. It had a large brown shell on its back as well.

"All right," Marty shouted. "Time for your big debut! Totodile!" He threw Totodile's Ball out into the arena. It popped out of the Ball in an explosion of light.

"Let's go, Turtwig!" Jerry said. "Use Tackle!"

Turtwig charged into Totodile and tackled it. It did a fair amount of damage to the poor creature. Totodile got up, slightly injured.

"Totodile!" Marty shouted, concerned for his Pokemon. "Are you all right?"

"DILE!" Totodile shouted in spite of its injury.

"That's the spirit!" Marty shouted. "Use Scratch!"

Totodile ran up to Turtwig and scratched it. A huge claw mark appeared on its face, and it yelped in pain.

"Turtwig! Use Tackle again!" Jerry ordered.

The two Pokemon exchanged tackles and scratches for a little while until eventually, they both gave out.

"Hmm..." Marty said. "A tie."

"Yup," Jerry said. "And i have a feeling the other battles will end up the same way. Why don't we battle another time?"

"That sounds good. When we're a lot stronger, okay?"

"Sounds like a plan. I'll be ready for you!" Jerry told him. They shook hands and left the arena.

...LATER...

"So," Jerry began. "You guys are all heading to the league challenge, right?"

"Yeah," Roz said. "We all need to get at least one badge."

"Nice," Jerry nodded. "Well, I have a proposition for you guys."

"What is it?" Marty asked.

"If you guys let me tag along with you, I'll show you around Terrari," He offered.

"That sounds great!" Matt shouted.

"We'd all be glad to have you join us, right guys?" Davy asked.

"I'd be fine with it," Stepney added.

"I see no problem," Jordan said.

Nebu and Roz both nodded, "Yes."

"Well, it's official," Marty told him. "You're coming with us, Jerry!"

"Cool!" Jerry exclaimed. So they got ready and left Maron City for the next destination, Hidavel Town, and the first Gym battle.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 9: There's Always People Like THEM

The group, having just added Jerry, left Maron City the morning after Marty's first battle. They rested at the Pokemon Center for the night, and headed on the road first thing in the morning.

Nebu yawned. "I hope this doesn't take too long..."

"Me either," Marty agreed. He checked his Pokenav. "Apparently, Route 150 is the only thing in between Maron and Hidavel, and it's not terribly long." He closed the Pokenav. "We should make it there by the afternoon."

"Cool," Jerry said.

Just then, they ran into two people walking the opposite direction as them. The two boys wore some pretty strange clothes. They seemed to resemble a Pokemon of some sort.

"Who're they?" Stepney wondered.

"I dunno," Matt said. "But they sure look funny!"

The two seemed to hear Matt's extremely rude comment and ran over to them.

"EXCUSE ME?" one of the boys shouted.

"Who're you guys?" Roz asked.

"We're members of FoG," the other boy said. "The Followers of Giratina. We like taking people's Pokemon to serve masters Korbin and Giratina."

"Taking people's Pokemon?!" Marty cried.

"Yup!" the first boy shouted. "Hand 'em over!"

"No way!" Jordan shouted.

"You don't seem to know who you're dealing with," the second boy said. "Why don't we show you?"

They both stood in an awkward looking pose and began reciting something.

"An attempt at negative reinforcement!" the first said.
"We invade your adventure with terrific endorsement!" said the other.
"Agents of FoG, we're taking you out!"
"Give up your Pokemon, there's no time to shout!"
"Kelsey!" said the first.
"Eric!" said the other.
"Cease your struggle, for we have the advantage-"
"Make way for evil, that which we have granted."
"We fight to the finish, now on with the show-"
"Onward for victory, let's GO GO GO!!!!" Eric finished with a flourish.

The group stared at them, completely dumbfounded.

"Right, then," Marty said. "We're gonna leave now." So the group left along the route to Hidavel, leaving Kelsey and Eric behind in their dust.

"They're getting away!" Eric cried. "Let's GOGOGOGO!!!"

"Nah," Kelsey said. "We'll see them again. I know it."

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 10: Training?

The group was walking on Route 150, almost to Hidavel Town, when it hit Marty.

"Hey," he said. "I just realized something."

"What was it?" Jerry asked.

"Well," Marty began, "If we're going to fight all the gym leaders, how are we going to get strong enough to beat them with virtually NO trainers and ZERO wild Pokemon?"

They all stared at him as if he had made an extremely good point.

"Wow," Roz said sarcastically. "You said something logical for once."

"Yeah, yeah," Marty retorted. "Such a rare occurrence, I know."

"How are we going to handle that, then?" Matt wondered aloud.

"I have an idea," Jordan said. "How about each night, we all train together?"

"I see," Davy explained, "So we battle, but not enough to KO our Pokemon, but enough to get some experience?"

"Exactly," Jordan assured.

"That's brilliant!" Marty said.

"Good idea, Jordan!" Nebu shouted.

"Also," Jordan continued, "We need to decide who will challenge which Gym Leader."

"But," Stepney interrupted, "We don't know what types each Gym Leader uses, so we don't know who to match each person up with."

"I can shed a little light on that," Jerry said. "I know a lot about the gym leaders."

"Could you help us out, then?" Marty pleaded.

"Sure," Jerry acquiesced. "The first gym leader uses Ground type Pokemon. Judging from my battle with Marty, I think he'd be the best fit for that Gym. The second gym leader uses Dark type Pokemon. The third gym leader uses Poison types. The fourth and fifth leaders use Fire and Ice, respectively. The sixth uses fighting types, and the seventh uses Grass types."

They were all taking mental notes when Matt asked, "What about the eighth leader?"

"Oh, right," Jerry began nervously. "I, uh...don't know what kind of Pokemon the eighth leader uses. I heard his team is extremely frivolous, though. That's always a bad sign."

And so the schedule of Gym challenges was set. Marty would take the first and last Gyms, Matt would take the second Gym, and Davy would take the third Gym. Nebu decided on the fourth Gym, and Roz chose the fifth. Stepney chose to challenge the sixth Gym, and Jordan settled for the seventh Gym.

"Is everyone fine with their assignments?" Marty asked. No one voiced any complaints, so they all agreed and went onward. When they got just outside of Hidavel Town, Nebu stopped.

"Maybe we should start training now," she said. "Before Marty's gym battle."

"That's a good idea," Davy said. "How shall we work this out?"

"I have a suggestion," Stepney told them. "How about we let out all of our Pokemon, and let them all battle each other in one big group? Then we can check our team's data out on our Pokenavs after a bit of time to see how much each one has grown."

"That sounds really cool," Matt said, excited. "Let's try it out!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 11: Begin the Crazy Training!

The eight trainers all stood in an octagonal formation. They all eyed each other nervously, as this was, for most of them, their first battle.

"Is everybody ready?" Jerry asked. He wouldn't be participating in the training. He insisted that he wasn't interested.

Everybody nodded their agreement to Jerry's question.

"All right then," he began. "This will be a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1..."

"We get it," Jordan stopped him.

"Yes. Anyway, this is a free-for-all match between 42 different Pokemon. Trainers will not give their Pokemon any orders other than the beginning, 'Do whatever you can to keep from fainting.' The match begins in 3...2...1...GO!"

The seven trainers each threw out their 6 Poke Balls. 42 separate flashes of light exploded onto the clearing they stood on. In the clearing stood Nebu's Cyndaquil, Drifloon, Solosis, Venipede, Sentret and Trapinch, Jordan's Chikorita, Minccino, Spinda, Misdreavus, Ralts, and Litwick, Davy's Squirtle, Pineco, Pawniard, Porygon, Exeggcute, and Natu, Matt's Treecko, Magikarp, Skarmory, Tynamo, Abra, and Gible, Roz's Charmander, NidoranMale,  Poliwag, Shroomish, Dratini, and Bronzor, and Stepney's Mudkip, Snorunt, Budew, Vulpix, Sneasel, and Murkrow.

What everyone looked over at, however, was Marty's team. He had not told them what he had caught over the year, and now they were going to find out. In the year, on top of his Totodile, he had caught a Riolu, an Electrike, a Rufflet, a Growlithe, and a Pansage.

"Begin!" Jerry shouted.

"Ok, everyone," Marty said to his Pokemon, "Do whatever you need to in order to fight and win." Everyone else was saying the same thing to their Pokemon at the same time he was. "It's also okay if you want to battle each other. Understood?"

His Pokemon all voiced their comprehension.

"Good!" he said, pleased. "Go!"

Everyone must've finished ordering their Pokemon at the same time, because they all started running at each other. Scores of tackles and scratches were occurring on the battlefield. This persisted for a good hour while the trainers sat and ate an excellent lunch, courtesy of Roz.

"They're really going at it," Nebu said.

"Yeah," Roz said. "They all look like they're having fun, though."

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Stepney asked the group.

"I think it'll end up between Matt's Treecko and my Riolu," Marty predicted.

"That sounds like a good match-up," Davy stated. "There's no type-advantage there, so it'd be hard to determine a winner."

"I'd really like to see that," Matt said. "Even if it doesn't happen, we'll have to battle one day, just to see. Right, Marty?" he looked over at Marty.

"Yeah," Marty smiled. "We'll do that."

The battle was still going over in the clearing. What had started as just a tackling and scratching battle had changed. Now Bubbles, Razor Leaves, Embers, and other more advanced attacks were being used by the Pokemon. The fighting continued until there were only seven Pokemon left standing, one from each trainer. Nebu's Drifloon, Jordan's Minccino, Davy's Pawniard, Matt's Treecko, Roz's Charmander, Stepney's Budew, and Marty's Riolu were standing in the midst of all the chaos, where 35 other Pokemon lay resting off to the side.

At this point, the seven of them had finished their lunches and went to check on their Pokemon. They saw their other Pokemon resting in the shade of some trees near the clearing and one of their Pokemon standing in a circle in the middle of the clearing, staring each other down.

"Well," Nebu said. "That's how I expected it would go."

"Yeah," Jordan agreed. "I'm still gonna root for my Minccino, though!"

They recalled their other Pokemon and let them rest and heal quicker.

"Now," Stepney said. "We get to see whose Pokemon is the strongest out of all of us."

"Yeah," Marty said. "I'm really excited for this!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 12: The Fruits of Training

Riolu, Drifloon, Minccino, Charmander, Pawniard, Treecko, and Budew were staring each other down in the clearing. They were all anxious to get started. The sooner they battled, the sooner they would get stronger, and that was what they really wanted. Becoming stronger was a Pokemon's number one goal in life. You became stronger until your level reached one-hundred. Then you would've truly led a full life as a Pokemon.

Charmander had decided that it had had enough of standing and waiting for someone else to attack. It lunged at Pawniard with a Metal Claw outstretched. Pawniard easily blocked it with its blade and Slashed at Charmander. Charmander narrowly dodged the attack, and went straight at Pawniard with another Metal Claw, which hit Pawniard square in the chest. It flew back and fell to the ground, but Charmander wasn't done yet. It had been fooled by Pawniard already once during the battle, when it had been hit by a Faint Attack. It wasn't about to happen again. Charmander used Ember on Pawniard, causing it to faint.

Roz, looking on at the battle, screamed, "GO CHARMANDER!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!"

Davy, clearly disappointed, recalled Pawniard and sat on the grass, preparing to watch the rest of the battle.

At this point, Charmander started going on a rampage. It quickly dispatched Budew and Drifloon with a single Metal Claw. They both had been extremely weakened from the battle's previous events, so knocking them out was easy. Nebu and Stepney quickly recalled their fainted Pokemon and sat with Davy.

Now Riolu, Minccino, Treecko, and Charmander remained. Charmander sized up its opponents again. It tuned to Treecko, as it saw it as an easy target. Charmander launched an Ember at Treecko. Treecko dodged the flames extremely quickly. Treecko, noticing that Charmander had singled it out, accepted its challenge. It ran towards Charmander with a blinding speed, and pounded it with its tail. Charmander fell back, but stayed on its feet, not ready to give up. It lunged at Treecko, Metal Claw at the ready, when Treecko hit it with a Quick Attack. Charmander fell to the ground. Treecko used Absorb to take Charmander's health for its own, but it neglected to take all of it. As Treecko was walking away, Charmander rolled over and hit it with an Ember. Treecko fell over, faint. Charmander was also heavily damaged, and it fainted as well. Rozalie and Matt withdrew their fainted Pokemon. Now it was down to Riolu and Minccino. Jordan looked dumbfounded. He honestly hadn't expected his Minccino to even make it to the final seven, much less the last two.

"Well," Matt said. "So much for our prediction..."

"It's okay," Marty assured him. "We'll battle together for real sometime." Now Marty and Jordan were the last two trainers standing.

...MEANWHILE...

Minccino knew. Who didn't know? It was like going out and knowing full well you'd be beaten. Riolu had a huge type advantage over it, and it didn't know any moves that could do severe damage to Riolu. Nevertheless, it got ready to face Riolu. Riolu knew it had a type advantage over Minccino, but it wasn't exactly thrilled. So it just engaged in close combat with Minccino, trying not to use any fighting moves. It was the kind thing to do, after all. Riolu knew kindness didn't win battles, but this WAS only training and Minccino was a friend. They had fought side by side through most of the battle. Both Pokemon knew they had gotten enough experience during the battle, and they didn't want to become too overpowered at this stage. That would make things too boring. So they both stopped fighting and walked back together to where their trainers were waiting.

"They stopped?" Nebu blurted out. "That's no fun!"

"I can see why, though," Roz said. "Everyone has been working so hard all day, so it's not really fair to determine a winner."

"That's really nice of them!" Stepney exclaimed. "What a display of true friendship!"

"It's also a nice way of ending the day," Marty said. "Let's head into town." So they all packed up their things and headed for Hidavel Town.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 13: The First Gym Battle!

The group finally reached Hidavel Town after their large training session. They located the Pokemon Center and healed all of their Pokemon.

"Well," Marty said. "We should check our team data."

"Yeah," Nebu said. "Sounds pretty good." So they opened up their Pokenavs and checked their team data.

Trainer: Marty
Electrike: Level 13
Growlithe: Level 9
Rufflet: Level 10
Pansage: Level 15
Totodile: Level 18
Riolu: Level 20

Trainer: Nebu
Cyndaquil: Level 13
Drifloon: Level 14
Solosis: Level 8
Venipede: Level 10
Sentret: Level 11
Trapinch: Level 17

Trainer: Jordan
Chikorita: Level 10
Minccino: Level 17
Spinda: Level 15
Ralts: Level 13
Misdreavus: Level 10
Litwick: Level 11

Trainer: Rozalie
Charmander: Level 20
Nidoran: Level 9
Poliwag: Level 10
Shroomish: Level 12
Dratini: Level 15
Bronzor: Level 17

Trainer: Matt
Treecko: Level 18
Magikarp: Level 14
Skarmory: Level 17
Tynamo: Level 13
Abra: Level 14
Gible: Level 15

Trainer: Davy
Squirtle: Level 15
Pineco: Level 12
Pawniard: Level 16
Porygon: Level 14
Exeggcute: Level 11
Natu: Level 16

Trainer: Stepney
Mudkip: Level 14
Snorunt: Level 13
Budew: Level 17
Vulpix: Level 15
Sneasel: Level 16
Murkrow: Level 14

"Not bad, everyone!" Jerry said excitedly. "For one training session, that was REALLY efficient!"

"Great job, everyone!" Marty said. "Now let's get some rest for tomorrow!" So they rented out 2 rooms and slept for the night.

...THE NEXT MORNING...

Marty was the first to get up in the morning. He got dressed, had breakfast, and went out into the town. He spotted the gym and went inside. When he got in there, he encountered a boy wearing very dirty clothes.

"Ah," the boy said, spotting him. "I take it you have come to challenge me?"

"That's right," Marty said. "I hope you're ready!"

"Dudesworth II is ALWAYS READY!" the Leader shouted.

TO BE CONTINUED...

K-NiGhT

Chapter 14: The First Gym Battle! (Part 2)

The referee took Marty and Dudesworth to the gym arena. It looked like a normal arena for battles, only this arena had rocks scattered in and around it. The Trainers took their respective sides and the referee began.

"This will be a 3-3 battle between the leader of Hidavel Gym, Dudesworth II and the challenger from Ecruteak City, Marty. Gym leader, are you ready?"

"Yes!" Dudesworth replied enthusiastically.

"Challenger, are you ready?" the referee asked Marty.

"Yes!" Marty proclaimed.

"Let the match BEGIN!" the referee shouted.

...MEANWHILE...

In the Pokemon Center, Nebu had just woken up from a nice dream. She couldn't remember what it was about, though. She got dressed, and got her stuff ready when she noticed-

"AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Hey, I was in the middle of narrating-

"NO. THIS IS A CRISIS! SHUT UP!"

Is she...talking to me? I'm the narrator! I'm not supposed to exist in her world...I-

"GUYS!" Nebu, um...shouted. (Must...get back...on track...) "OUR POKEMON ARE GONE!!!"

Everyone woke up with a start. "WHAT?!" Matt screamed. "HOW?!"

"The door was locked!" Jordan assured everyone. "I double-checked before bed!"

"Budew...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Stepney began to cry uncontrollably.

"GUYS, GET A GRIP!" Roz screamed at them.

"She's right," Davy said. "Check it out." He pointed to a lone Poke Ball sitting underneath a pillow. He knelt over the bed and picked it up. "There's still hope!"

"But whose Pokemon is it?" Nebu wondered.

"Only one way to find out," Davy said. "Come on out!" he threw the Poke Ball, and out popped...

...MEANWHILE...

Kelsey and Eric kept running away from the Pokemon Center. They stopped when they reached the alleyway by Hidavel Gym. They looked at the sack of Poke Balls they had looted from those other Trainers. There were 35 Poke Balls in the sack.

"Hey, don't they all have six Pokemon?" Eric asked.

"Yeah..." Kelsey answered.

"You forgot one!" Eric scolded. "You dolt!"

"Sorry..." Kelsey began.

"No!" Eric stopped him. "We have to gogogo back to the Pokemon Center and get that last Pokemon!"

...MEANWHILE...

"Go! Diglett!" Dudesworth called. A little mole Pokemon sprang out of the ball. It was rooted in the ground, so you couldn't tell if it had feet or not.

"All right," Marty said. "I choose you! Totodile!" he threw the ball and Totodile popped out, ready to battle. Marty checked the data on his opponent's Pokemon with his Pokenav.

Diglett: Level 18
OT: Dudesworth II
Moves: Unknown.

"All right, Totodile, let's start things off with a Water Gun!" Marty ordered. Totodile shot a jet of water from its mouth right towards Diglett.

"Diglett!" Dudesworth called frantically. "Dig!" Diglett sunk underground, effectively dodging Totodile's Water Gun. It came back up a few seconds later near Totodile and attacked it by surprise.
Totodile fell backwards, but got up.

"Totodile!" Marty shouted. "Use Bite!" Totodile ran up to Diglett and Bit it with its large jaws. Diglett seemed to be heavily damaged, and it flinched, so it couldn't move.

"Now!" Marty shouted excitedly. "Water Gun!" Totodile shot its water at Diglett, who fainted after the attack. Marty and Totodile exchanged a victory dance.

"Hate to break it to ya," Dudesworth called to Marty, "but it isn't over yet! I still have two more Pokemon!"

"Let's see them then!" Marty challenged.

TO BE CONTINUED...