News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Started by Shadoninja, March 14, 2012, 10:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

I agree. I already name all my files *Game Name* - *Song* (*Game Version, Two Pianos, Duet, etc. (if applicable)*)
But it really is nice to just download them, and throw them in the appropriate folder.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

fingerz

I always add the abbreviated title name to the start of a songs whenever I download it.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

I've been naming my files "CONSOLE_Game Title_Song Title"
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Are you talking about the files on the site, Shado?

Shadoninja

The Deku Trombonist

Cobraroll

Sounds a little hard to implement, though. It took us ages to get a PDF for all existing sheets on site; changing filenames would require lots and LOTS of reuploading. And frankly, the mods have better things to do when they sit down for fixing NSM stuff.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Cobraroll on March 15, 2012, 04:54:36 AMSounds a little hard to implement, though. It took us ages to get a PDF for all existing sheets on site; changing filenames would require lots and LOTS of reuploading. And frankly, the mods have better things to do when they sit down for fixing NSM stuff.

well one thing we could do immediately right now is apply the idea to current submissions.

spitllama

^ this. It'd probably be best just to change the standard from now on
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Jub3r7

Quote from: Winter on March 15, 2012, 06:44:22 PM*sigh*
I do see how this might make more work for you, but in the end it will probably make things easier to manage.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

It will have no effect on the ease of management, for me.

MaestroUGC

I don't think this is necessary, that seems more of an issue for people who don't organize their files.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fabbemannen

ye, I'm late to a topic again.

Anyhow, I've wanted to suggest this ever since I started using this site (never got around to say anything though).
Personally I want all my sheet music sorted as Franchise\Game - Title.extension
Some of us got quite big libraries (mine's about 2500+), and it's really annoying to rename them all. Some sort of standard at least would be useful for newer submissions