It's been 5 years since Diamond and Pearl...

Started by Bespinben, February 15, 2012, 10:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I heard this beautiful orchestration of Twinleaf Town from the anime and thought to myself, "Am I seriously already starting to get nostalgia over 4th gen?"

That ocarina is just perfect. Made me cry a lil' on the inside.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DrP

All this tells me that I'm getting older and that I remember when I scoffed at people playing Pokémon Diamond and Pearl... That was during my early high school years (that door is jammed shut... no questions)

You don't get over nostalgia... it comes to you as time passes, so I'd be feeling it now. The buzz has died, the popularity has moved on, however the experiences are still there. The world is on to newer, sometimes not necessarily greater things. Time will tell what happens further.

Winter

Bespinben

I was just a little 8th grade Jr. High student when I got this game, and now I'm at college. It didn't seem so long ago, but it has been, undeniably so.

Clanker37

Bah. I'm not crying. I'm not crying.

I was in Year 4 when I got Diamond, now I'm in Year 9. My DS was broken at the time but it still worked. I still remember my Piplup and fighting the Elite Four with a Murkrow and Sneasel. xD Diamond was my first mainstream pokemon game I played until I beat the Champion. I don't regret any moment of it.

the_last_sheikah

Oh man.  I listened to this and every memory of pearl rushed back to me, from starting my journey with turtwig, all the victories, all the losses, *snif* I need a second.  I know what I'll be starting a new file on tonight.  ;D
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

K-NiGhT

I preordered it in 5th grade. Everyone bought it at my school lol. Now we're in 10th :o
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Nebbles

Oh god, was... was it that long ago, really. ._. It feels so strange that it was... I was in 7th grade oh my god that was such a long time ago. ;_;  Now I'm going to graduate high school in June. Where has the time gone?

brb sobbing omg I want this to play at my wedding ;_;
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

Oh wow. Where did that time go?? O.o
I must admit, Diamond and Pearl were great games when they came out. Platinum was by far the cream on the cake, though. I just can't believe that time has gone that fast! I my DS lite for these games when they came out!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jub3r7

D: I CLICKED REPLY AND ACCIDENTALLY STOPPED THE MUSIC.

Anyways, 5 years? No way. It doesn't feel like it's been that long at all. o.o
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

This was my first pokemon game ever! Can't believe it was that long ago.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

And what, Red and Blue came out around... 1998 here? Which is like how many years?

...christ ewww I feel old make it stop

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

Though a fair amount of people in my school DO play Pokemon... XD

Bespinben