Submissions for Next Update - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, February 14, 2012, 11:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Post a maximum of 4 Submissions, includes new and replacements.

Here are the Formatting Guidelines. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional.

Make 1 post only with links to your Submissions. Your post will be edited with comments. Any conversation regarding arrangements should be kept in arrangers' individual threads, and any questions about updating can be put in the Submissions General Questions Thread or PM'd to me.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups :)

List of accepted arrangements (Updated constantly):

New:
[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Gruntilda's Lair (Mad Monster Mansion Lobby)" - MoldyPond
[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Prickly Pear Island" - Nacho2420
[N64] Banjo Tooie - "Cloud Cuckooland (Two Pianos)" - nacho2420
[N64] Banjo Tooie - "Jiggywiggy Temple (Duet)" - The Deku Trombonist
[N64] Diddy Kong Racing - "Ancient Lake" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Final Fantasy - "Airship" - Thomas Wilson
[NES] Final Fantasy - "Menu" - Thomas Wilson
[NES] Final Fantasy - "Ship" - Thomas Wilson
[PC] Ikachan -" Main Theme" - Olimar12345
[WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Melody Town" - Dudeman
[WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Stellar Way" - Olimar12345
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - "Final Battle (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[N64] Mario Kart 64 - "Result #2 (Lose)" - The Deku Trombonist
[GCN] Mario Party 7 - "Pagoda Peak" - spitllama
[GBA] Mother 3 - "Rock 'n' Roll (Spicy)" - Eric Fitts
[NGC] Pokémon Colosseum - "The Under" - Brassman388 & GreekGeek
[GBA] Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen - "Credits" - Shadoninja
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Monster House" - Bespinben
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Parting" - Bespinben
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Rescue Team Base" - Bespinben
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - "Team Charm's Theme" - Joel Hands-Otte
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Foggy Forest (Two Pianos)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Heartwarming" - Joel Hands-Otte
[NDS] Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - "Sharance Tree (Day)" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Secret of Mana - "Spirit of the Night" - The Deku Trombonist
[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 - "Ordinary People" - Shadoninja
[WII] Super Paper Mario - "Closing Battle" - spitllama
[WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "King Dedede's Theme" - spitllama
[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - "Ocean King's Theme" - spitllama
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Batreaux's Theme" - Dudeman
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Groose's Theme" - Olimar12345
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Groose's Theme (Two Pianos)" - Olimar12345
[SNES] The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse - "Treetops" - Shadoninja

Replacements:
[NDS] Final Fantasy III - "A Dancer's Dance" - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Gym Leader Battle" - Bespinben
[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Realm Overworld" - Olimar12345

Bespinben

[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Gym Leader Battle" - Bespinben (Replacement) Mus Mid Pdf

Winter: This is very accurate, but for the sake of a pianists sanity, measures 8-14 L.H. need to be changed. Find a way to make it playable, 16th notes can't have chords like that at this speed.
Measures 12, 13 16, 17, 18, 19 on beat one could use the middle layer to be L.H., but the rest of the measure should be R.H.. Make that more obvious. And just out of personal feelings, I thing the ending isn't fitting for this theme. It's your arrangement though. Go ahead and fix those things up, and as for 8-14... just be practical. Good luck, and nice arrangement!

Bespinben: I did some work on measures 8-14, and I believe they reasonably playable now. I just omitted the B's of the alternating perfect fifths line and had the R.H. play the F#'s of it. Now the L.H. may focus on the 16th note run. Also, I couldn't find out what you were referring to in measures 12-19, but then I found that measures 32-39 fit your description nicely. If that is the case, then I'd like to say that I had intended that that entire line in the second layer of the treble clef be played with the left hand. I wrote it that way to better illustrate the part, instead of being muddled up inside the alternating perfect fifths in the bass clef. However, the method you described would work very nicely too, given the player has access to a high-end piano with a real sostenuto pedal. Finally, I made a new ending more fitting for Masuda's style. I think it works quite nicely.

Winter: Looks great, but no I want the (32-39) to be played with the right hand, except the fist note of 32 33 36 37 38 39. But the EG chord on 39 could be in the left hand. I'm just being practical. no point in going left hand crazy with one note per measure in the right hand.

Bespinben: This guy does that section one-handed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Rn_z6YmvE), but we're not all Asians, are we :P Anyway, I modified that section to be be played in the manner you suggested, using cross-staff tool and lines to show the transitions between the hands.

Winter: Thanks you very much. Approved by me.

Deku: Ok

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Rescue Team Base" - Bespinben Mus Mid Pdf

Winter: Measures 9, 10, and 15 have very big chords in the right hand, see what you can do about incorporating them into the left hand, or arpeggiating them. Possible removing the lower harmony if it's not possible otherwise. I'll accept the occasional 9th interval,  but 12ths are unacceptable unless glissando. See what you can do. Also nostalgia <3

Bespinben: Haha, me too, though I've watched Nebble's Let's Play recently so it's fairly fresh in my head. Anyway, concerning the arrangement, I decided to go with the omission strategy with measures 9 and 10, getting rid of the bottom E and D respectively of layer 3 on beat 4 of both measures. I also decided to incorporate the whole note layer 2 notes into layer 1 so you wouldn't have to juggle three layers in one staff while reading. Concerning measure 15, I find these reasonable chords, and you have an entire beat during each chord to prepare the stretch.

Winter: Hmm... Concerning measure 15 R.H., I sat down and tried to play the chords myself. I can play the first chord with ease at this speed, but cannot even physically stretch my hands to play the second of third chords on that measure. Not at this speed, and not at all. Sorry but I need those changed. And even I have a pretty good range... Also I noticed one more thing. Example: Measure one has a chord where there's two half notes, and an 8th note in the same beat. You can't actually hold down those notes with the sostenuto pedal, because that'd hold the middle note too. That being said, the top note (G) is played one beat later and since we said it's not possible to hold down that first note, you'd have to do it by hand, and repeating that note would stop the ringing of the previous G. It's a small thing, but technically impossible to execute. Do something about that and measure 15, and I'll approve this sheet.

Bespinben: Alright, I just adjusted some rhythmic values for the dyads in layer 2 at the beginning of the song so now they are executable (I also got rid of the top G of that B-G dyad in measure 1). I also did some octave switching of tones at measure 15 for ease of range. I think it's all good now ^_^

Deku: Dyads, that's a bit fancy ;) Ok

Bespinben: I always figured "chords" indicated any similtaneous sounding of 3 or more notes, so I thought I should use the more appropriate term. Thanks though ;)

Deku: I've never actually heard anyone use it in a sentence/conversation though

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Monster House" - Bespinben Mus Mid Pdf

Winter: Measures 16, 18, and 20's L.H. could use an 8vb. Other than that I think this is very well done. I also would recommend putting a repeat at the end of the song to it's designated loop. It's understandable for your 3-4 minute arrangements to have a nice ending, but for this simple riff, it's the type that deserves a repeat.

Bespinben: Thanks Winter. What do you think of the key signature mess near the end? Should I just put all those in C Major since they seem to be modulating every 2 measures? I had a long chat with pumpy_heart over this, and we never really reached a conclusion.

Deku: General question: Why are people here so afraid of accidentals?

Bespinben: Good question Deku, so good, in fact, that it answers my own question :P Changes made:
- Significant page re-formatting
- Addition of ottava in the bassline on occasion.
- Revision of repeat system and ending.
- Omission of key signature measures 22+

Winter: Good changes. Although on measure 11, I'm confused about the "Repeat from measure 12" written there. It technically repeats back to measure 9. Please explain, if I am incorrect, fix if I am correct. After that I'll put my approval in.

Bespinben: That's there for simply playback purposes. If you notice, it's actual hidden so it doesn't show up on the sheet. What happened was that marking used to be the "Go to measure #" marking, but then I changed the text so I could put the "repeat from measure 5" at the end of the sheet. You really don't need to worry about it though, since the marking is hidden and is only there to facilitate correct playback of the repeat structure.

Deku: A repeat double bar line thingy with the text still there would probably be easier to follow.
Ab not G# in bar 12/13, better fits the moving fifths idea.
Colliding accidentals bar 25 & 15.

Bespinben: Attended to all of the above (implented D.S. al Fine repeat system, changed G# to Ab in all places where the moving fifths pattern occurs, changed the G# to Ab in measure 15 to show the step-motion and to eliminate the accidental-followed-by-natural ugliness, and added necessary parentheses on note overlaps at m. 15 and m. 25).
Additionally, I changed a few more accidentals throughout the arrangement to correctly spell a few chords, such as the augmented major 7ths at m. 26-27.

Deku: whoops, missed some things:
Rhythm grouping in bars 4, 7 (fill in the RH rests), 8, 12.

Bespinben: Ah, right - must show each beat clearly. All fixed, though I am somewhat puzzled as to why Finale didn't automatically fill in the rests at R.H. measure 7.

Deku: It does that when you put a note in a bar and then change tools or something like that without clicking outside the bar beforehand while still in note entry mode. Yeah...great program huh........

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Parting" - Bespinben Mus Mid Pdf

Winter: Measure 7 has a 10th and 9th interval in the R.H. At this speed the 9th is acceptable. But do something about the 10th. Also be sure to manually move the Ped markings down a bit so that they are not overlapping with the stems of the notes. Otherwise, beautiful.

Bespinben: One of our lovely forum members (xK-NiGhtX) just today had posted an excellent cover of my arrangement (http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=3543.15). You can see at 0:21 he does that interval just fine. He's actually playing a tiny bit fast, so the tempo of the interval isn't a problem either. I guess we just got nice big hands :P Also, the pedal markings are hidden, and only there for playback purposes, so it would be unnecessary to move them as they won't show up on the sheet anyway.

Winter: As for the Pedal markings, okay. I'm fine with that. but for the 10th interval. Sure, he can play it, but I wouldn't be able to, and a good percentage of people wouldn't be able to either. It's only a 9th if you take the B and put it in the left hand. I need that fixed, even if kX can play it. Sorry.

Bespinben: It's all good. I put in an L.H. marking and an explanatory asterisk.

Deku: Really nice. Really.

Bespinben: Wow, thanks! I'm really glad you think so, since this song is actually the VERY first song I ever attempted to transcribe, 3 years back, with the only tools at my disposal being some paper and a camera recording of the song. Only recently have I discovered music notation software and a wonderful thing called Youtube OSTs :3  It's nice to see how far I've progressed since then.

Winter: P.S. I love your arrangements.

Bespinben: Awwww thanks Winter! That made my day.

Winter: We're almost done with your post. Thank you very much for checking back frequently. It's very helpful!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Ragster2448

[N64] Rayman 2: The Great Escape - "Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava - Part 1" - Ragster
[N64] Rayman 2: The Great Escape - "Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava - Part 2" - Ragster
[N64] Rayman 2: The Great Escape - "Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava - Part 3" - Ragster
ZIP

Winter: In the right hand of part one, the marimba in the original is not accurate. Not only is it straight 16ths, it occasionally throws in other notes, and you missed them all. Please re-do that. I have not looked at part 2, or part 3, but I don't want to until you have made them one single sheet.

It's one song and only needs to be one sheet. Go ahead and fix those two things, and I'll get back to you.

Ragster: Oh, I forgot to mention that... This is the Nintendo 64 music, which is a bit different than the music from the Dreamcast version and above. Also, the Nintendo 64's version of the music has parts, which means the music changes when you reach a certain part of the level. The Marimba is in part 2. I can upload the music I'm going off of if you want me to.

Winter:  Please do. Then I can make more of an accurate judgement.

Ragster: Alright, here are the links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Ragster: If you think this should all be one sheet, here's the ZIP folder of it:

[N64] Rayman 2: The Great Escape - "Beneath the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava" - Ragster ZIP

Ragster: I've been having some Finale issues here lately. I think it'd be best if I don't submit these right now.

fingerz

[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - "Final Battle (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Winter: Gosh.. Um. Accepted

Deku: Nice key sig :P Do you mind if I page shrink this? 11 pages is a fair bit.

Fingerz: Hahahaha! Go ahead!

[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Heartwarming" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Fingerz: Ok? Phht! :P

Deku: I dunno, I couldn't think of anything to write :P

[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Foggy Forest (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Deku: Some of the rhythms could do with cleaning up. eg bar 13, Piano 2 right hand: the dotted crotchet rest is obscuring beat 2 and the dotted quaver near the end of the bar is obscuring beat 4 (replace with semiquaver tied to quaver). With the left hand, the second staccato quaver could be replaced with a semiquaver for readability but it's not breaking any rules so I suppose you could leave it if you want.

And obviously fix up any similar issues in the rest of it ;)

Fingerz: Aye aye! Give me a couple of days and it shall be done.

FIXED!!

Deku: Ok. Mind if I page shrink?

Fingerz: Yeah, go ahead! :D

[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - "Team Charm's Theme" - Joel Hands-Otte [ZIP]

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

[PC] Ikachan -" Main Theme" - Olimar12345

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Stellar Way" - Olimar12345

Deku: What's with the random layer changes in the RH? If anything, it's messing up the note spacing
Olimar: Um...random? Have you herd the original? It's pretty much begging to be stemmed like that! lol but really because they were different voices.
Deku: Mmmm....maybe i'll rephrase that. Suppose I kept the stemming the way it is but in the one layer?
Olimar: I tried that and it didn't really work out...but if you can then I'm fine with that.

[Wii] Loz: ss - "Groose's Theme" - Olimar12345

[Wii] Loz: ss - "Groose's Theme"(two pianos) - Olimar12345

Deku: Mind if I make it fit on 2 pages?
Olimar:Err....kinda. It's already pretty small and hard to read...

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Realm Overworld" - Olimar12345 (Replacement)

.ZIP

Olimar:If I have a duet version of a song above, could I add it to the update?(since it's really the same song, just with more)

Deku: Sure, go ahead

Olimar:k

Olimar:Zip's up.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

[WII] Super Paper Mario - "Closing Battle" - spitllama Zip

[GCN] Mario Party 7 - "Pagoda Peak" - spitllama Zip

Deku: Cleaned up bar 3.

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - "Ocean King's Theme" - spitllama Zip

Deku: Rhythm groupings could do with a little fixing. Also, the bottom notes at the start of bars 26/27 would do better in the second layer.

spit: Ok. Fixed 26 & 27. I'll upload after I fix it completely. Could you give me an example of what you mean by incorrect rhythm groupings? Perhaps the first couple measures with the layering?

Deku: Meh, fixed it meself.

[WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "King Dedede's Theme" - spitllama Zip

Deku: It's all a semitone too low and the accidentals/key signature look weird.
Maybe try and fill out the chords at the end of the first line?

spit: Fixed (I'd still like the name on the site to be spitllama please!)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

[WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Melody Town": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Deku: I cleaned up some of the bits with multiple layers.

[WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Secret Island": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Deku: Dynamics? Articulations? Could do with some 8vbs in some of the really low LH bits. Oh, and measure numbers too.

Dudeman: I have measure numbers...unless you're looking at the MUS? Notepad is really stupid. I would appreciate it if someone could add those in for me.
I can edit the MIDI and the PDF for the dynamics and assorted measure markings, but I'll need someone else for the MUS. Plus, I can't edit the MUS even if I wanted to. The person who edited it for me (I forget...Bespinben?) used a newer version of Finale than Notepad can read.

Deku: Oh, right. I usually just look at the Mus :P If you can edit articulations/dynamics into the PDF, I'll fix up the rest.

[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - "Mermaid Cave": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Winter: On the last measure, there's a Db at the start. and to make it more full, try and add in the chords on the sections where it goes off into a one handed run. So, measures 8, 9, 17, and 18. Maybe change the clefs to be the same and then have both hands play one note of each chord. It'll raise the eerieness a lot. also 17, and 18 should be moved up an octave.

Dudeman: That Db in the last measure is part of the echo I leave out (which I can add back in if you'd like). And what do you mean by "change the clefs to be the same and then have both hands play one note of each chord"?

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Batreaux's Theme": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Deku: The semidemiquavers make a little more sense as grace notes. Changed.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

[NDS] Pokemon Black and White - "Anville Town" - Jordan Knapp MUS MIDI PDF

Winter: Measure 18 cannot be octaves. For the players sanity, please remove. Otherwise, I enjoyed your arrangement!

[NDS] Pokemon Black and White - "Eye Contact! Gentleman" - Jordan Knapp MUS MIDI PDF

[NDS] Pokemon Black and White - "Eye Contact! Miniskirt" - Jordan Knapp MUS MIDI PDF

Winter: It's hard to say really, I'd like to see some improvement on L.H. measures 4-7. See what you can do.

[NDS] Pokemon Black and White - "Eye Contact! Scientist" - Jordan Knapp MUS MIDI PDF

Winter: Change the "Creepy" to "Creepily"

That's all. Good luck!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

[GBA] Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen - "Credits" - Shadoninja

Shado: Slight Adjustments to the layout

[NDS] Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - "Sharance Tree (Day)" - Shadoninja

Deku: Not so sure about the key changes thing in this one either, but I can't come up with anything better, so I'll accept it.

Shado: Slight Adjustments to the layout

[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 - "Ordinary People" - Shadoninja

Deku: 6/4 bars would make more sense in 3/4 as the pulse fits better.

Shado: Adjusted.

[SNES] The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse - "Treetops" - Shadoninja

Deku: Not a fan of those really short key changes

Shado: Adjusted.

ZIP
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

GreekGeek

[NGC] Pokémon Colosseum - "The Under" - GreekGeek MUS MIDI PDF

Winter: Neat!

pumpy_heart

ibWintereditsmypost

[NES] Final Fantasy - "Airship" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi

Deku: Maybe you could add the background long notes to the right hand?

pumpy: Man this was so long ago. Most of the time, the range gets too large. I could add them in for measure 3-4 and 7-8 resp, but then the line disappears completely otherwise. It adds more to the part in the B section and seems to be more playable. But then the origin of the line is destroyed and I'd rather not.
Went back, the ranges I guess are doable. But the parallel octaves sure do stand out on piano much more than the original. But if you still think that's best, I'll add them in. They're gone by the B section.

Deku: Oh, I see what you mean about the octaves. Leave it as is then.

[NES] Final Fantasy - "Menu" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi

[NES] Final Fantasy - "Ship" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi

[DS] Final Fantasy III - "A Dancer's Dance" - Thomas Wilson (Replacement) MUS Midi

MoldyPond

[N64] Banjo-Kazooie - "Gruntilda's Lair (Mad Monster Mansion Lobby)" - MoldyPond
ZIP Folder

Deku: Invalid file error.

MoldyPond: Fixed.

Deku: Fixed the key signature and enharmonic spellings. Accepted.

MoldyPond: Woot! :D
Moldy and The Ponds

nacho2420

[N64] Paper Mario - "Keeping Pace (General Guy's Theme)" - nacho2420 MUS MIDI PDF Youtube

Deku: Just a couple of small things:The bit at bar 9 only plays 3 times, not 4.
Perhaps you could add some of the hits that come at the end of the 2nd time?
Rhythm in bar 24 beat 2 is 2 8ths, not dotted.
End of bar 5, is that meant to be a complete triad?

[N64] Banjo Tooie - "Cloud Cuckooland" - nacho2420 MUS MIDI PDF Youtube

nacho2420: Couldn't get the glissandos to do what I wanted it to do for Cloud Cuckooland.

Deku: Yay, great job on this. I'll see what I can do about the glissandos, but's not a big issue.

[N64] Paper Mario - "Tubba Blubba's Castle" - nacho2420 MUS MIDI PDF Youtube

Deku: 2 things. The A's in bar 8 are Ab's (or G#'s, however you want to spell them). And I think the "dum-da-da-dum-dum" chords would capture the feel better at the end of bar 10 and wherever that comes again.

[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Prickly Pear Island" - nacho2420 (Replacement) MUS MIDI PDF Youtube

EFitTrainr

[GBA] Mother 3 - "Mr. Batty Twist" - shadowkirby Mus

Winter: Neat

Deku: Fix your formatting, put some dynamics/articulations of some sort and the 7/8 & 6/8 bars are unnecessary (it's all in 4/4).

[GBA] Mother 3 - "Rock 'n' Roll Spicy" - shadowkirby, Shadoninja Mus

Winter: Kay
I like food.

Winter

You may edit your respective submission posts. but that's all.
Submissions are now closed.